Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

for farming steel essence for more than 3 hours they restricted the exchange for 330 hours

lormarowar

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

If it is not that big of a problem then why is not solved yet? 

So you despise anything that the community does for fun? So games are not supposed to have fun? Who are we to enjoy a game the way we want?....

Lets forbid the fact that games are meant for fun.....Games should not have fun because it is such a terrible idea....

/s

1. Because It's not that big of a problem.

2. I don't know what you're on about. But in case you have an issue with limiting survival, I brought up that idea because that would be the most convinient solution. 

And to me staying in for hours in one mission seems to be more of self control problem than a farming method.

57 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

1. Because It's not that big of a problem.

Yes according to you. 

57 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

2. I don't know what you're on about. But in case you have an issue with limiting survival, I brought up that idea because that would be the most convinient solution. 

And to me staying in for hours in one mission seems to be more of self control problem than a farming method.

So you consider long runs irrelevant and boring. Check. 

50 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Hush : D

That still doesnt adress what it has to do with platinum, since there is no platinum gain in Steel Path that would warrant the idea that they ban people based on potentially obtaining too much items that may sell and earn them "free" plat.

Ervin, don't bother with your baits and your dishonest behavior. Troll somewhere else.I'm not interested talking to you and your kind. 

44 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

No It's just not a big problem because only 1% of the player base is doing these long runs which they don't have to.

Proof?

Who claims this?  

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Ervin, don't bother with your baits and your dishonest behavior. Troll somewhere else.I'm not interested talking to you and your kind. 

Proof?

Who claims this?  

It's just common sense that the casual player base wouldn't bother to do a 100+ survival for 3 hours straight especially not on steel path, where enemies even more beefier than the normal 100 lvl enemies.

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

It's just common sense that the casual player base wouldn't bother to do a 100+ survival for 3 hours straight especially not on steel path, where enemies even more beefier than the normal 100 lvl enemies.

It's not for everybody for a reason : D

Not even for that casual who thumbed you up. ^^

4 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Not playing the game solves this issue for me.

Not playing the game solves all the issues. That is absolutely correct. But it only works for you giving the expected result. DE mentioned that their aim is not the 3 percent who goes off the wall being the outlier in the Gaussian distribution. DE will design for the bulk of the players not a selective few that outgrew the game. Anyone who challenges the economy system surely will have a cap even if such cap where not mentioned before. This is a business and they will defend in any way possible their business. I don't expect any less. 

But your strategy would be more effective if DE sees a decrease of ten millions of players all of the sudden. That will never happen, ever since end game is not profitable for them. I don't expect any less. But the experienced players provides aspiration game play among other players. They toy and tinker with the game mechanics legally because they use brain and brawls. Gear Check only is not enough, sadly. 

The uniqueness of this game is the complete tool set devouring high waves of difficult enemies. That's what made this game a legend and why many talk about it. Of course anyone can enjoy it in any way the player see fit. End game is more of an enjoyment for those who seek challenge and difficulty. Shall we punish those for their skills and wits? I honestly think that there are better ways to handle the situation without critiquing harshly DE and without punishing the innocent severely throughout a scrutiny. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL. You are currently commenting in a thread where the OP got unbanned long before the ban duration. 

So.....? 

Congrats to the OP i guess.. just saying that i have never seen it happen to anyone else.

1 hour ago, saghzs said:

Congrats to the OP i guess.. just saying that i have never seen it happen to anyone else.

Well seeing as how you didn't notice that little fact, I'm not sure you can be trusted as a very reliable eye witness. 

Also people who don't have a complaint with the system tend not to complain. 

On 2020-07-31 at 10:08 PM, JackHargreav said:

I've been staying quiet but I gotta pitch in on this comment:

The reason why players have to do long endurance runs in steel path is simply due to the fact that steel essence drops only during long endurance runs. You wanna make more than 1 steel essence per mission? Sure, you can make 100 in a single mission, but for that you need to do long endurance runs, and you risk getting trade banned due to that.

39 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

The reason why players have to do long endurance runs in steel path is simply due to the fact that steel essence drops only during long endurance runs. You wanna make more than 1 steel essence per mission? Sure, you can make 100 in a single mission, but for that you need to do long endurance runs, and you risk getting trade banned due to that.

That's why I stopped posting. He was obnoxiously trolling. 

1 hour ago, devildevil21 said:

Yeah I'm sure you get some essence out of it.

But again. Casual players probably don't bother with long runs. And they don't have to do them. Because Eidolon hunting is still a thing.

So the reasoning of "they have to do it" doesn't work. 

Anyways This problem is not a big one. Especially not as big as these players make it out to be.

13 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah I'm sure you get some essence out of it.

But again. Casual players probably don't bother with long runs. And they don't have to do them. Because Eidolon hunting is still a thing.

So the reasoning of "they have to do it" doesn't work. 

Anyways This problem is not a big one. Especially not as big as these players make it out to be.

Eidolon hunt is still a thing? You're aware of how beefy the eidolons are in steel path and the fact you get 1 steel essence per eidolon (considering you need a total of 85 just for the ephemera)

Edit:

By the way, I agree eidolon is still a thing for focus and arcane farming, but steel essence farming? It'll take you atleast a week or two to farm 85 steel essence through eidolon hunting.

And let this be clear, I'm a "casual" player in terms of long runs, since I dislike doing them, but I will do if I need to farm something that gives me no choice but to do long runs (like steel essence). The enemies are easy to kill, not sure where you are finding "beefy enemies" when they easily die, even with +250% armor and hp.

Just now, devildevil21 said:

Eidolon hunt is still a thing? You're aware of how beefy the eidolons are in steel path and the fact you get 1 steel essence per eidolon (considering you need a total of 85 just for the ephemera)

Yeah I grinded for the Operator armor.

And they aren't that tough when you have a complete team.

Which is not hard to get btw. Since Steel Path requires a whole lot more from the players you have less people who don't know what to do.

I went through many public runs and 99% of the time everyone knew what they have to bring and what they have to do.

It's a time limited mission sure. But that's why instead of burning myself out I got to relax before the next round. And it also won't trigger any kind of auto ban. Which was put into the game for a reason btw.

7 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah I grinded for the Operator armor.

And they aren't that tough when you have a complete team.

Which is not hard to get btw. Since Steel Path requires a whole lot more from the players you have less people who don't know what to do.

I went through many public runs and 99% of the time everyone knew what they have to bring and what they have to do.

It's a time limited mission sure. But that's why instead of burning myself out I got to relax before the next round. And it also won't trigger any kind of auto ban. Which was put into the game for a reason btw.

so according to your logic, doing "endless" runs for a... "endless" amount of time, resulting in bans, is justified, (as you've said in your last sentence)

And according to your steel essence farm, you're fine with time-gated eidolon hunts wielding 1 steel essence per run (to a total of... 5~7 eidolons per night?) to be worth it, correct? So, if we do some simple math, it'll take you 13 nights to get 85 steel essence (7 eidolons each night), which means aproximately 50*13 = 650 minutes (which is almost 11 hours of farming), while you could instead spend 2 hours, maybe 2 and half with a resource booster in a survival steel path mission and get about 200 steel essence.

So if we decide to maximize our farming legitly, in this case, by doing steel path survival long runs (2h atleast), we should be punished through a 2 week trade ban. Well, I'm done arguing, it's clear we can't reach a consensus.

1 minute ago, devildevil21 said:

so according to your logic, doing "endless" runs for a... "endless" amount of time, resulting in bans, is justified, according to your last sentence.

And according to your steel essence farm, you're fine with time-gated eidolon hunts wielding 1 steel essence per run (to a total of... 5~7 eidolons per night?) to be worth it, correct? So, if we do some simple math, it'll take you 13 nights to get 85 steel essence (7 eidolons each night), which means aproximately 50*13 = 650 minutes (which is almost 11 hours of farming), while you could instead spend 2 hours, maybe 2 and half with a resource booster in a survival steel path mission and get about 200 steel essence.

So if we decide to maximize our farming legitly, in this case, by doing steel path survival long runs (2h atleast), we should be punished through a 2 week trade ban. Well, I'm done arguing, it's clear we can't reach a consensus.

Yeah maybe because endless missions weren't ment to be actually endless.

Which is of course a weird choice that the DEVS made. But that's why I said it would be better if they just put a cap on the mission and there you go. No more auto ban needed and no one will farm their brains out.

But I'm honestly more surprised that you rather get rid of an anti cheat ban system instead of just asking for... Anything else?

You could ask for more eximus in missions, or to make eximus spawn earlier or increase the dropchance. But no. Apparently the only thing that comes to your mind is "let's remove this thing implemented against cheaters".

Well, only time will tell which way De chooses.

48 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

so according to your logic, doing "endless" runs for a... "endless" amount of time, resulting in bans, is justified, (as you've said in your last sentence)

That's the logic of it. 

48 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

So if we decide to maximize our farming legit, in this case, by doing steel path survival long runs (2h atleast), we should be punished through a 2 week trade ban. Well, I'm done arguing, it's clear we can't reach a consensus.

Some people are simply stubborn. It's what they think, say and that is it. 

Yep. 

56 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

So instead of stretching it out by doing an hour a week (less than 3 months), or an hour a day (less than 2 weeks) you want to do it in less than a day? And then we'll have the whole "Content Drought" complaining all over again? 

56 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

But that's why I said it would be better if they just put a cap on the mission and there you go. No more auto ban needed and no one will farm their brains out.

Not quite sure that's true. The bans seem to be related to how much loot is collected in mission. Now we have to ask why they would have such a system and the answer is pretty obvious, cheaters always exist. 

The levels are set so high that most people are not going to ever see those bans. Among legit players it will affect mainly the tiny percentage of players who are endurance runners, but mainly the fraction of them that are farming, and predominantly the very small fraction of those who are farming so very efficiently that they exceed the limits. 

Based on the OP's experience we can see that DE does roll back the bans upon investigation, if the numbers can be explained by what's in the data they have. 

The system is meant to catch cheaters, and only sometimes affects legit players. There'll always be a need for such a system. The thing to do is ensure that the least number of legit players is affected and that's what we already have. I'd guess that odds are that the majority of the people who are howling at you in this thread have never experienced this issue first hand and are just feigning outrage on other people's behalf. Unfortunately that's a thing, apparently. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The levels are set so high that most people are not going to ever see those bans. Among legit players it will affect mainly the tiny percentage of players who are endurance runners,

You can get 100 essence (tradeban ammount) in a 2h run with an optimized setup pretty easily and thats not exactly an endurance run

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Not quite sure that's true. The bans seem to be related to how much loot is collected in mission. Now we have to ask why they would have such a system and the answer is pretty obvious, cheaters always exist. 

The levels are set so high that most people are not going to ever see those bans. Among legit players it will affect mainly the tiny percentage of players who are endurance runners, but mainly the fraction of them that are farming, and predominantly the very small fraction of those who are farming so very efficiently that they exceed the limits. 

Based on the OP's experience we can see that DE does roll back the bans upon investigation, if the numbers can be explained by what's in the data they have. 

The system is meant to catch cheaters, and only sometimes affects legit players. There'll always be a need for such a system. The thing to do is ensure that the least number of legit players is affected and that's what we already have. I'd guess that odds are that the majority of the people who are howling at you in this thread have never experienced this issue first hand and are just feigning outrage on other people's behalf. Unfortunately that's a thing, apparently. 

And we're reaching the same line again. We're not talking about generalized endurance runs. We're talking about how steel essence either requires you to spend 13 full nights of eidolon steel path hunting to get 1 ephemera, or 2h of steel path survival to get the required steel essence for all the cosmetic stuff steel path offers.

The problem here is that DE decided to boost our drops by 2.5x (250%) and they didn't adjust the loot cheat ban accordingly, so we're getting much more loot (due to steel path bonuses), which then results in us getting flagged and trade banned for 2 weeks.

And don't throw everyone into a hive mind of "complaining about content drought". I didn't complain about content drought at all. They gave us options to farm steel essence, one which takes 2 hours, the other which takes 11 hours and is time gated. I will obviously prefer to farm the one that is done much faster (2 hours).

I dislike doing endless runs, but it's my only choice to properly farm steel essence. But if I do so, and its' completely legit, I mean, anyone can do a 2 hour survival run, I have to pay for that with a 2 week trade ban? And the worst part is that a FEW cases do indeed get retconned and the ban is lifted, but several players get trade banned, send a message to support and the response timing is longer than the ban itself. And sometimes the answer is simply an automated response saying how you "did bad things and got trade banned. Got any more questions, check faq".

We shouldn't in the first place fear being trade banned for simply PLAYING the game, and the fact we got people defending DE about how the system currently is baffles me.

Archived