Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about the Tyl Regor fight

Oreades

Who gave the greenlight to a boss fight that functionally simulates a bad network connection? 

I mean the Arena is cool and the arena phases are awesome but outside of that his shtick is just rubberbanding like your host is in the process of running several bittorents. I dunno it's just not exactly something I personally find enjoyable. As much as I love the character and the supporting elements of the fight (the arena) but the needless and overly frequent teleportation just suck the fun out of that fight for me. 

Still my favorite Grineer NPC tho. 

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

What if Regor developed the teleportation tech first, and added it to the base Manic and the Drekar ones? 

It wold still be an obnoxious mechanic. 

I keep finding myself going back to the Kela Fight, still probably my favorite fight in the game from a mechanics standpoint. It solves the issue of DE not wanting the players to just yeet her by giving her and invulnerability phase BUT it turns that phase into a mini game. Instead of just deciding to be over whenever it feels like -Cough Kril Cough- (possibly my least favorite fight mechanically) I mean at least Tyl's phases are spaced out with an obvious objective..... tho you do bring up the Manics who are pretty much the objective and their schick is be invulnerable and simulate lag via teleport. 

Kela is also wicked fast and can be hard to keep a bead on BUT she doesn't magic behind you, so you can spin around only to have her instantly magic behind you again. Unlike Tyl who literally does that 2nd thing.

I just really wish DE could find a way to flesh out the Tyl Fight that in't just chaining teleport. 

Archived