Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

72 Hours Seriously!?!?!? [Slight Rant And Foundry Suggestions]

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Ok guys lets talk about the Foundry, the place when you get all your new warframes, weapons and 72 FU&%@ HOURS FOR EMBER WTF IS WRONG WHIT YOU PEOPLE GOD F***&%@ ALREADY WASTED MORE THAN 5 DAYS FARMING HER BP AND I HAVE TO WAIT 72 HOURS FOR IT TO COMPLETE!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

ok..... now that i got that out of my system now lets talk about why the Foundry needs a fix.

BEFORE WE BEGIN: i know more than one will say this so no, this is an example of the foundry and collecting materials for those items in it so if someone says "Then just buy plat and buy it noob" it will be ignored, i dont want to waste time whit nonsence rather than using it to improve this awesome game. Besides not all items can be brought *cough* event items *cough* vauban *cough*.

1) The times, i thought 12 hours was ridiculous for a Gorgon but 72 hours to get Ember? are you serious? why even having time to craft at all? you do know 72 hours are 3 days right?

OK i know craftin is suposed to take time but in most games its usually a few seconds or mins depending on how complex is what your crafting but why so much time to get a thing frm the foundry? is not that we just brought it and done i want it now, we already got hours farming materias to get that sweet gun but NOOOO 12 hours to finish that gun... feels like a slap in the face instead of a reward for spending time in the game harvesting the materials.

2) Paying twice Imagine my surprice when i used my last 25000 credits to buy the Ember BP just to find out (beside the stupid 72 hours) that i had to pay another 20000 to beguin the build. Look i know that you may beed to slap some coins in the building machine to work or paying credits to your builders to build but this should be reduced.

ILUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE:

This is the real story of me getting Ember.

Here i am beating the crap out of General Sargas Ruk (and he beating me too) when i finally got all three bp. Had to wait 12 hours for the helmet and chassis and spend like 2 days in order for a dam control module to drop (between play and work you know) so i could begin to build the systems. 12 hours later i finally got the money to buy the Ember BP but HOLY SH&@ 72 HOURS TO BUILD WTF and i still have to pay another 20000 credits to build it?

Still havent done it since i ran out of time cause there are some RL stuff i have to finish first but you get the point.

I still have to get the 20000 Credits and then waste 72 hours doing something else instead of using those 3 DAYS to lv her up and having some payback whit sertain golem i have an appointment on....

This is all through the eyes of a low lv player, right now im just rank 3 whit a Rhino lv 22, Grataka, Cleavers and Aklato and im on the process to get Gorgon (5 more Circuits D: ) so i know that some mayor rank player may not have this monetary problem (again im refering to credits no Plat discussion ok) but still have to grind against the ridiculous build hours.

Practical solutions:

- Crafting time: Remove the crafting time. We already had hours and hours not just getting the BP but also getting the materials needed for it to build. If you want to keep a craft time fine just dont exagerate like that, why not 30 mins, 1 hour max in some more complex BP like for  Warframes.

- Crafting price: A good idea would be that the price to build would be around 20 to 40% of the Market price. In BP that you cant buy in the market like Vauban Warframe or the Especial Helmets why not having a standard price like 3000 or so. Just reduce it so when you buy it its not much of a hit to the player tha wants said object so much.

All this is made in order to award players for spending their time and effort getting the nesesary materials to build their gear. The current system is more like a slap in the face and a waste of time that you could be using lv up said item.

What you guys say?

HONORABLE MENTIONS: PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GET THE POINT ANDD ANSWER WHIT REASON.

@ Demonologist:

I whole heartedly am compasionate to how you feel as I do feel the same way.

Sadly, as Anarties has pointed out, it isnt about making it easier or faster or better at all; It is about the game's ability to make a profit.

But yes--some of the times it takes to have items built is rather excessive and should be reviewed and adjusted.

Some of the thinking in this area is that people will shell out to get it done faster--and it is in error. 

When it becomes time to build that item that seems to take an eternity, then it becomes time to just simply go play a different game while your items are created.

So in the end of it, it is not creating profit, its losing money by ppl not being in the game and waiting for thier items to get completed by the foundry.

---

@ Developement team and Management:  Dont think that we dont know that there is a difference between making a profit and just outright greed.

Occasionally, it would be nice to see a wrong get righted.

WHY YOU THINK DE MONEY INCOME RELIES ON THE FOUNDRY RUSH

iTS PLAIN STUPID.

Take RIOT games for example, all their money comes solely from the RP. What you get whit RP? just skins and champions, ward skins too as well as champion bundles, extra rune pages and boosters for IP and EXP.

On the other hand the DE here gets money from the Plat used for Warframe, Weapons, extra equipment like sentinel decoration, scarfs, boosters and other things like that. DO you really thing they really relly on the Foundry rushes so much if you can go and buy the dam weapons and warframes in the market without farming its resources? REALLY?

When you think about it the Foundry rushed (if used at all) would be like what 2% of the Income?

Think for a second: why wasting Rushing an Ember Build if i can just buy Ember straight from the market without wasint resources.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

This game has about 14000 users peak during events. remove the grind and craft-walls and that number will be about 4000.

Grind is all this game has, grind is all this game does. The waiting periods are of literal purpose.

If you don't like the base mechanics, you literally have nothing to look forward to.

Edited by -Kittens-

Everything is practically free, may it be alt helms, weapon skins, catalyst and reactors. (besides colors and scarves, but hey their Aesthetic you don't need them in game) So giving in to time ain't that bad. If you can't stand it then I don't think your fitted to play warframe, go play a game with instant crafting then.

The only thing even worth commenting IMO is the cost to craft.

Everything else has been around before I even had an account.

Besides, no one buys weapons anyways, and 12 hours is nothing. Just craft it, go to bed, go to work, come home, take your new weapon.

Also take into account that there are only 15 frames, and almost 90 weapons.

Edited by dreampuke

Nope, it's fine as is, this coming from someone who has every single Warframe at 30 and potatoed and all built (the frames, not potatoes) except Excal Prime. The waiting time lets me do other things, and builds up anticipation, and if it's too much, there is always the rush option. This is one of the ways DE makes money. The people who want to have something first will always either buy it outright or rush it.

Hahah, no. This is just how it works.

I honestly don't care if you ignore every post that tells you the entire point of the crafting wait is so impatient players will pay Platinum-- I honestly don't care if you think that's a "nonsense" response. It's the truth, it's how the business model works, and you asking for free handouts isn't an arguing point.

as forementioned, it's part of the F2P model. it's pretty fair, because the items are only a small part of the game, the actual game there is to enjoy, is a far larger part of it. 

if you can't have fun in Warframe without all of the items right now, don't play Video Games. because that's not how they work.

even paying players (which there are many of, including myself) almost never, if at all, rush Foundry builds. because it's not a big deal. 

all of your suggestions are basically "crafting is too hard because i want to craft everything right now and not actually play the game so i can complain later the game was boring because i didn't play it".

edit:

oh, almost forgot. there are two things Developers have to bargain with. 

Money, and Time. 

these are the only things Developers have bargaining leverage with. the ONLY THINGS. it's not fair to the Developer to say they can't use their only bargaining leverage.

Edited by taiiat

as forementioned, it's part of the F2P model. it's pretty fair, because the items are only a small part of the game, the actual game there is to enjoy, is a far larger part of it. 

if you can't have fun in Warframe without all of the items right now, don't play Video Games. because that's not how they work.

even paying players (which there are many of, including myself) almost never, if at all, rush Foundry builds. because it's not a big deal. 

all of your suggestions are basically "crafting is too hard because i want to craft everything right now and not actually play the game so i can complain later the game was boring because i didn't play it".

edit:

oh, almost forgot. there are two things Developers have to bargain with. 

Money, and Time. 

these are the only things Developers have bargaining leverage with. the ONLY THINGS.

But dont you thing 72 hours is a bit of an Exageration? just saying

And its not the only thing DE gets money from, dont forget that they also get money when people use Plat to buy the Warframes straight from the Market, the weapons, helmets, costume parts form Sentinels, scarfts, especial items and bundles. SO Crafting ruhshes are like what 4% of their Income?

Why wasting your plat on rushing the Nekros buld if i can just build him straight ahead? or buying the bundle whit some and reaper in it.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

3 days is very fair. Warframes are a big part of the game. 

if you aren't mature enough to handle a realistic discussion about the world, then don't have it. 

but don't insult others to shadow your own immaturity. please do not.

edit:

yes, 3 days is a longer time than the rest of the things in the game. but you aren't going to be building new Warframes all the time.

weapons on the otherhand, are generally 12 hours. because you'll end up building a lot of them.

crafting resources is a bigger deal than the time, even after 1000hr of Warframe, like myself.

such as the Credits. early players in Warframe will consistently find themselves out of credits. later on you can amass enough to counter this, but it is a problem with Warframe.

not too long ago, Credits were totally insignifigant in Warframe, even for relatively new Tenno. but now especially for new Tenno, it's a little too far in the other direction for many players.

i personally can't spend Fusion cores and mods fast enough to eat away at my 2.5m Credits or Fusion Core stash, but that's not everyones' experiences.

Edited by taiiat

3 days is very fair. Warframes are a big part of the game. 

if you aren't mature enough to handle a realistic discussion about the world, then don't have it. 

but don't insult others to shadow your own immaturity. please do not.

edit:

yes, 3 days is a longer time than the rest of the things in the game. but you aren't going to be building new Warframes all the time.

weapons on the otherhand, are generally 12 hours. because you'll end up building a lot of them.

crafting resources is a bigger deal than the time, even after 1000hr of Warframe, like myself.

I wasnt refering to you, you actually gave a reason unlike the others. If people get stupid to answer me i will answer them like an idiot too. If people like you answer me whit reason i will answer whit reason

@ Demonologist:

Sadly, as Anarties has pointed out, it isnt about making it easier or faster or better at all; It is about the game's ability to make a profit.

But yes--some of the times it takes to have items built is rather excessive and should be reviewed and adjusted.

Some of the thinking in this area is that people will shell out to get it done faster--and it is in error. 

When it becomes time to build that item that seems to take an eternity, then it becomes time to just simply go play a different game while your items are created.

So in the end of it, it is not creating profit, its losing money by ppl not being in the game and waiting for thier items to get completed by the foundry.

---

@ Developement team and Management:  Dont think that we dont know that there is a difference between making a profit and just outright greed.

@ Demonologist:

---

This is how you shoul answer people, not just insulting and going nuub up.

You really got my point thanks Chesty Puller

First step: farm all blueprints parts of the warframes and build them.

Step Two: Purchase all warframes blueprints ... and put them to manufacture.

Step Three: Be happy, you will have all warframes in 3 days :D.

Not want to wait? buy platinum :3.

i DONT WANT TO BUILD ALL WARFRAMES. Jesus.....

Ember was just an example cause shes my fav im not planing to get all warframes just like three (Rhino, Ember and Nekros). Im just saying that the time its a bit exagerated as well as the credits needed

Well that's the thing, you say you are going to use those frames for a while, so I don't see how waiting 3 days for something you are going to use for weeks is such a big deal. Consider it like shipping time. If you order something from Amazon, if you take free shipping it might take a week or two, or you can pay extra to ship faster.