Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The real problem with the Steel Path

motorfirebox

...is that when you go back to the regular star chart, all the enemies feel like they're made of out frickin' meringue. You splatter them by accident without even noticing.

Steel Path definitely isn't engameTM (which is good because, y'know, DE explicitly said it wasn't intended to be), but it's where I feel at home now. It's nice to have enemies that you can chew on a little. If only I didn't have to go back to the Meringue Path for events and such.

e: I take it back. The worst thing about the Steel Path is the Ropalolyst. Arielyyy (I think), you my blood now.

7 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

...is that when you go back to the regular star chart, all the enemies feel like they're made of out frickin' meringue. You splatter them by accident without even noticing.

You always have the option of not using the five weapons and one build which do that, though. Lower-level content is a chance to use weapons we actually LIKE, vs. whatever weapons we're forced to use in order to compete in high-level content.

4 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

You always have the option of not using the five weapons and one build which do that, though. Lower-level content is a chance to use weapons we actually LIKE, vs. whatever weapons we're forced to use in order to compete in high-level content.

I'm doing Steel Path with the gear I like, mostly Wisp, my Daikyu, and a high-crit Sepfahn zaw. My super high-damage stuff is there if I want to break it out, but so far (making my way through Jupiter, but I've cleared Lua) I haven't really felt the need. I did, thankfully, happen to be running Hildryn when I did the Ropalolyst.

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

I'm doing Steel Path with the gear I like, mostly Wisp, my Daikyu, and a high-crit Sepfahn zaw. My super high-damage stuff is there if I want to break it out, but so far (making my way through Jupiter, but I've cleared Lua) I haven't really felt the need. I did, thankfully, happen to be running Hildryn when I did the Ropalolyst.

I guess you just happen to like powerful stuff, then. Me personally, I tend to favour the less optimal stuff. I carry around a Euphona because "ZOMG HAND CANNON" and typically favour LMGs like the Gorgon and the Tenora. Not really ideal for super high-level content. Love the Drakgood, but it's not really that good of a weapon. Oh, and the Acceltra. That's a really fun weapon to use which just so happens to scale fairly poorly.

On 2020-07-30 at 9:01 AM, Steel_Rook said:

I guess you just happen to like powerful stuff, then. Me personally, I tend to favour the less optimal stuff. I carry around a Euphona because "ZOMG HAND CANNON" and typically favour LMGs like the Gorgon and the Tenora. Not really ideal for super high-level content. Love the Drakgood, but it's not really that good of a weapon. Oh, and the Acceltra. That's a really fun weapon to use which just so happens to scale fairly poorly.

Eh, bows and nikanas are mid-range. Pretty much any melee is viable now, but the real top-tier weapons (especially with the Steel Path spawn rate) are the ones with lots of range and a constant attack animation—polearms and the like. My zaw is built for spamming heavy attacks, which do lots of damage along a very narrow path, once every second or so. Bows are similar, with good aim you can get a lot of damage—once every second or so, generally on a single target.

Warframe isn't very kind to most rapid-fire/automatic weapons, that's very true.

On 2020-07-29 at 11:05 PM, motorfirebox said:

Steel Path definitely isn't engameTM (which is good because, y'know, DE explicitly said it wasn't intended to be), but it's where I feel at home now. It's nice to have enemies that you can chew on a little. If only I didn't have to go back to the Meringue Path for events and such.

e: I take it back. The worst thing about the Steel Path is the Ropalolyst. Arielyyy (I think), you my blood now.

Actually I think the biggest problem with Steel Path is that it's not well integrated into the game. You can't just toggle steel path and then leave it on. You still gotta use the normal star chart for stuff like Alerts, Invasions, Fissures, nightmare missions, Kuva Siphons. Because of this, it kinda turns Steel Path into it's own island. Steel Essence farming should be something that drops passively as you play your usual activities but instead it's something that must be grinded out. That's what makes the drop rates on steel essence especially bad.

Archived