I want pet stasis back.

1 minute ago, Lancars said:

I don't have a kubrow equipped on anyone i checked my loadouts. I'll see what happens to my kavat.

The work around suggested by Magus will work for you.  It is the same method I use to avoid this problem.  Just make sure its aways a kavat that is roaming around your ship and you'll be good.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lancars said:

I'll give that a shot. I don't have a kubrow equipped on anyone i checked my loadouts. I'll see what happens to my kavat.

So long as it is a Kavat that shows when you interact with the Incubator your Kubrows should not be losing any loyalty while not using them.

Best of luck.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The work around suggested by Magus will work for you.  It is the same method I use to avoid this problem.  Just make sure its aways a kavat that is roaming around your ship and you'll be good.

At this point the Wiki needs some amending as it states otherwise. And clarification on this is a must I think for players wishing to become pet enthusiasts.

45 minutes ago, Lancars said:

My pet keeps passively losing loyalty. I take breaks sometimes and because i can't put them away the loyalty goes down on the one that's there. I don't have a pet selected but it still gets left out now. Please give me the options to stasis them as i shouldn't be punished for not wanting to play.

I have an idea until DE gets to address this:

Set your active pet to a Kavat. Then walk over and pet your Kavat. Then walk back over to your arsenal and set your active pet to none (or a Sentinel/Moa). This will cause your Kavat to roam the orbiter and put your Kubrows in pseudo-stasis

Go back on break. When you return, check your pets. See if any of them have lost loyalty

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

At this point the Wiki needs some amending as it states otherwise. And clarification on this is a must I think for players wishing to become pet enthusiasts.

Or DE could simply do the needful and make kubrow loyalty behave the same way kavat loyalty does.  This is just one more item in the evolution of pets that DE has done half-assed and in nonsensical increments. 

The nutrio segment shouldn't even exist as an example of what I'm talking about.  Pet health and loyalty decay should be zero with no hoops to jump through.  That's what players have been asking for since the hatching of the very first kubrow.  About every 12 months the situation gets closer to what we want but never all the way.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Or DE could simply do the needful and make kubrow loyalty behave the same way kavat loyalty does.  This is just one more item in the evolution of pets that DE has done half-assed and in nonsensical increments. 

The nutrio segment shouldn't even exist as an example of what I'm talking about.  Pet health and loyalty decay should be zero with no hoops to jump through.  That's what players have been asking for since the hatching of the very first kubrow.  About every 12 months the situation gets closer to what we want but never all the way.

In this case one precedes the other here. Amending the Wiki deals with the here and now. What DE does in the future is for the feedback section regardless of opinion or feelings on the matter. It does come off as a relic of an older time since daily interactions of this sort were thought to add "depth" to a game. That can still be true for some, but not for me personally.

Probably why I am a cat person. 

Owning the nutrio is not the same as installing it in the.... thing (I forgot what it was called). Not saying you don't have a bug, but for what its worth, I 100% have the segment installed, and my Kubrow all have 100% loyalty (and I'm prone to not playing for days or weeks at a time).

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lancars:

I want the old way that worked as they can't seem to be able to fix the problem so might as well bandaid for now till they have the time. They have a big project in the works and they have to deal with the distancing. So only solution is the logical one for now. They removed the stasis thaw timer so it wasn't that much of an issue and people usually stuck with one critter.

So because DE is busy right now, you think it's better for DE to make some jank solution because you just know that's going to cause less problems and takes less effort than just fixing the bug?

2 hours ago, Lancars said:

I'm not using my pet and i was logged off for a week. So unless they are running missions without me then no.

It's only the kubrows. When you leave them out of missions by unequipping them and leaving them there, they are considered "out of stasis" which used to mean that they lose loyalty (because of reasons, not like anyone ever leaves their dog at home) or if they die in a mission they lose loyalty, which is dumb. I have a vague recollection of them losing 20% loyalty after each day, not sure though.

So follow DEs advice and never use a kubrow. They hate them.

Edited by (PS4)Yggranya
3 hours ago, Lancars said:

Bug section where threads go to be ignored and die.

Bugs I reported had been fixed in the past. My condolences that yours are ignored.

Hatch a puppy (eggs are SUPER easy to get on Earth if you don't have one) and have the puppy run around your orbiter as the equipped thing when not wanting to use a critter for combat. Puppies and kittens don't degrade, plus the added bonus of them being super cute to have running around the orbiter. This way your pets that are matured for combat are all in "stasis" when not in use.
Easy peasy. 
Have fun.

• Like 1

Technically, Loyalty should be giving our pets EXTRA damage, but the way the present it, doesn't feel like a bonus. 

On one hand, i dont like a system to keep up what feels like standard damage, but on the other hand, being able to turbo charge our Kubrows by petting them is a cool idea. 

12 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

You don't want pet stasis back, you want the loyalty degrading to be removed. Dogs never lose loyalty IRL anyways so it has never made sense.

But it made Money !!! Which is the driving force behind DE's Design Choices. 😎

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Kaotyke:

So... instead of wanting the bug fixed, you want the old thing back?

Seems like a progressive way of thinking.

BTW, I dont have this issue with my Dogos. They are still at 100% Loyalty.

Pretty much this.. this community is golden sometimes.. same with "bring self damage back, I can't stand the effects" 🙄 

But yh, doggos lose loyalty while kavats don't.. I'd suggest to fix that, instead of bringing the worst pet mechanic to ever exist back..

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

BTW, I dont have this issue with my Dogos. They are still at 100% Loyalty.

qft
It's some kind of bug, I have 3-4 dogs and they are all at 100% loyalty with no interaction.

43 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

are you sure about that john cena GIF

Yes. My dog for example; my dad had for a few years since it was a babypupper before leaving it with me when he moved overseas. Years later the dog was super excited to see him again when he visited and still listened to him. Loyalty bar was still at 100%.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Yes. My dog for example; my dad had for a few years since it was a babypupper before leaving it with me when he moved overseas. Years later the dog was super excited to see him again when he visited and still listened to him. Loyalty bar was still at 100%.

If you mistreat your doggo or ignore the doggo they will not be loyal in many many instances, and in some cases will be down right hostile depending on breed and upbringing. I am not sure if you are just saying this to jest or not, but the reality and truth of working with animals even mans best friend is nothing is ever 100%.

That said this thread has become a dumpster fire. Literally the only thing the OP really wanted was a way to stop loyalty degradation. Which a work around was explained so its case closed in that regard. If anything this thread has become a testament to the fact that headlines are literally all the majority reads and comments before reading the full article. 

But thats none of my business now is it.

press conference kermit GIF