Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Since You Killed Stasis, Can You Kill Pet Loyalty as well?

Killing stasis is one if the best QoL addition to the game. Pulling in and out pets out of stasis messes loadouts up.

Now one of the annoying mechanics of pets are Loyalty. This is the reason why Kavats prevail over kubrows, their loyalty does not degrade either by player inactivity or it dies in combat. If your Kubrow’s loyalty is low, regaining it is daily capped by 30% per day. With the terrible survivability of companions in general the amount you can gain per day cannot be justified with the daily decay and how easy it is for your Kubrow to to die in combat.

So please, Remove Pet loyalty

also invincibility for companions when DE?

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 17
25 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Not sure I agree on invincibility for companions, but I totally support removing the loyalty mechanic. 

If Kavats don't have the mechanic kubrows shouldn't either.

Simple as that. 

I'm not entirely positive but don't kavats and kubrows not have the like 3 second revive invulnerability we have? Maybe he meant something like that?

43 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

I'm not entirely positive but don't kavats and kubrows not have the like 3 second revive invulnerability we have? Maybe he meant something like that?

No I meant making companions invincible on all times. Their AI is dumb and they can get stuck into places plus they cannot dodge enemy attacks like players can. Link Mods are just band aids to the problem, it forces players to use tank frames if they want their pets to have decent survicability.

But we’re getting off topic here. We talk about Loyalty removal.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Nope... You revive them... They go down immediately... 

You see this alot in Eidolon Hunts.

Anyway... what does Loyalty do anyway ?

24 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Anyway... what does Loyalty do anyway ?

I see you’re a kavat user.

Loyalty is a kubrow owner’s worst nightmare. It dictates how much damage your kubrow deals. if you have max loyalty the kubrow deals maximum damage, if the loyalty is 0 your kubrow deals 100% less damage, an overall 50% reduction in damage. 

My Helminth Charger with max loyalty is a beast, he can clear hordes of Sortie 3 non grineer grunt enemies with 1 trample strike. But at 0% loyalty? He can’t deal crap against them.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

I see you’re a kavat user.

Loyalty is a kubrow owner’s worst nightmare. It dictates how much damage your kubrow deals. if you have max loyalty the kubrow deals maximum damage, if the loyalty is 0 your kubrow deals 100% less damage, an overall 50% reduction in damage. 

My Helminth Charger with max loyalty is a beast, he can clear hordes of Sortie 3 non grineer grunt enemies with 1 trample strike. But at 0% loyalty? He can’t deal crap against them.

Oh.... Cool...

As if I didnt have enough reasons  to avoid Kubrows already 😕

Honestly, both Loyalty and Genetic Stability need to be taken out of the game. I know the Incubator stops pets from losing Genetic Stability, so OK - removal by proxy. But why can't the upgrade ALSO remove Kubrow loyalty? I'll never understand why DE decided to implement pets as some clumsy cross between Chocobo breeding and a Tamagochi, but I think it's safe to say that it hasn't worked out. Just cut your losses and turn Kubrows and Kavats into fuzzy cute Moa pets and be done with it, please.

• Like 2

This would be great. I love my huras, which accompanies my main frame, Ash, but all of the juggling fluff mechanics for my adorable murder beast was getting old. I don't have to deal with the dna any more but I'm tired of dealing with unnecessary petting...

Also, on invincibility...

Spoiler

I do support a degree of invincibility for all sentinels and companions. I don't necessarily want them to never take damage but they could all have one set health and damage resistance value. When that value is hit they go inactive for a time limit before they get back up (with a true invulnerability period).

For example, they all have 1,000 health and 50% damage resistance. When the kubrow/kavat hits that threshold it lays down like they're bleeding out for 60 seconds (sentinel just flies next to you in sleep mode, not using any of it's abilities or attacks), then gets back up and can't accumulate any damage for 10 seconds.

Lets not pretend a single one of these guys are so game changing that they were ever worth all of the health/loyalty/mod leveling/farming we've had to do to make them baseline functional. In the first half of the game they have the potential to be, except you don't have most of them during that period or the mods to give them that potential.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Reroll all Your used Kubrows in Mobile App.

It's still daily capped even through the mobile app. And please don't tell me to breed multiple kubrows... putting 10 formas on all of them is a huge hassle.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

Yeah this needs to change.  I was away from the game for a week+ and now my kubrow is at 0.  Not cool.  There were rumors that the incubator segment was supposed to fix this, but I take it that’s not what it’s really for.  

Edited by (PSN)TheNergigante
On 2020-07-30 at 4:10 PM, DrivaMain said:

With the terrible survivability of companions in general the amount you can gain per day cannot be justified with the daily decay and how easy it is for your Kubrow to to die in combat.

Pets don't have terrible survivability. Just use the 'link' mods (health, armor, and shields) and Pack Leader. Even a small Pack Leader. You don't need a primed one or one over a rank of like 8, tops. And use melee sometimes. Your pets won't die. Mostly.

27 minutes ago, RenzorTheRed said:

Pets don't have terrible survivability. Just use the 'link' mods (health, armor, and shields) and Pack Leader. Even a small Pack Leader.

No, I do not want to be forced to use >1000HP frames just to keep my pet alive. Link Mods are a terrible bandaid that kills pet build diversity.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

No, I do not want to be forced to use >1000HP frames just to keep my pet alive. Link Mods are a terrible bandaid that kills pet build diversity.

What makes you think that alien cats and dogs should be tougher than horrific xenomorphs that corrupt and tear people apart, or marines in power armor, or killer robots? The mods are to make them stronger than they should be. There's a lot of freedom in modding. Hell, I have a maxed Loyal Companion on my Smeeta so that it takes a long, long time to bleed out just in case.

Have you ever maxed out a link mod before? The hp values etc are quite a bit higher than your warframe's values. I never really think about my pets being in danger, no matter what warframe I'm in, because my pets have good armor, shields, health, and they heal whenever I hit something. I check my pet's health every once and a while if I've been using my guns a lot, and make sure to heal it with melee and Pack Leader. Link mods are fine. Peoples' pets only die a lot if they build them poorly or don't know how to build them.

16 minutes ago, RenzorTheRed said:

Have you ever maxed out a link mod before? The hp values etc are quite a bit higher than your warframe's values. I never really think about my pets being in danger, no matter what warframe I'm in, because my pets have good armor, shields, health, and they heal whenever I hit something. I check my pet's health every once and a while if I've been using my guns a lot, and make sure to heal it with melee and Pack Leader. Link mods are fine. Peoples' pets only die a lot if they build them poorly or don't know how to build them.

Have you tried taking your pet to Arbitrations or any high level content? Please tell me how long your pet survives and how much time you spend your time constantly reviving them.

Link Mods are too heavily dependant on your Warframe stats. If you pair your Kubrow with Inaros it will be this super buffed quadruped with over 20.000 HP. You pair it with Warframes like Nyx... your Kubrow only has... 600 health. 

Edited by DrivaMain

Loyalty is a pointless mechanic, but that's it.  That's the thread.  There isn't any arguing to be had there in my opinion.  If you think dumb AI dying constantly and getting penalized for something you have almost no control over is a good mechanic you're just flat out wrong, so there's nothing to do there but hit the +1.

I want to talk about all companions getting invulnerability all the time.  They are literally just walking/floating QOL that can die mid mission, again, through no fault of your own.  If they are going to continue to stay dug in on the ridiculous hill of "All QOL should be mods and not innate" then that QOL shouldn't go out the window because they suck at making companion AI and give all the enemies crazy AOE damage.  No companion adds anything so gamebreaking that making it permanent would offset any balance whatsoever.  They do however all carry things that make this game an absolute chore to play without.  That's no good design and it needs to be addressed.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Loyalty is a pointless mechanic, but that's it.  That's the thread.  There isn't any arguing to be had there in my opinion.  If you think dumb AI dying constantly and getting penalized for something you have almost no control over is a good mechanic you're just flat out wrong, so there's nothing to do there but hit the +1.

I want to talk about all companions getting invulnerability all the time.  They are literally just walking/floating QOL that can die mid mission, again, through no fault of your own.  If they are going to continue to stay dug in on the ridiculous hill of "All QOL should be mods and not innate" then that QOL shouldn't go out the window because they suck at making companion AI and give all the enemies crazy AOE damage.  No companion adds anything so gamebreaking that making it permanent would offset any balance whatsoever.  They do however all carry things that make this game an absolute chore to play without.  That's no good design and it needs to be addressed.

Game Of Thrones Ugh GIF