Jump to content

Tenno Relay Exclusive Drops


Recommended Posts

I get that Tennocon is a big deal, and you want drops to happen live, but would it kill you to run a rebroadcast for 12-24 hours and keep the window for drops open?

First an otherwise unobtainable weapon, whatever I can leave a stream on overnight, but now "actively participate in trivia" to unlock stuff.

You understand that a lot of your playerbase isn't in your time zone right? And that these events are happening at 3-4 in the morning for some of us? And that we already miss out on the 4 drops a week from all the live streams that happen in the middle of the night for us?

It wouldn't kill you to make things fair for the whole playerbase.

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

It wouldn't kill you to make things fair for the whole playerbase.

Fomo. They care more about active participation and hype. But for how often their stream rewards break, I wouldn't be surprised for a second chance announced afterward.

Then items rewarded months later in some current system be it baro, relay rebuilding, rare drop off new content, etc.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anarchy753 said:

I get that Tennocon is a big deal, and you want drops to happen live, but would it kill you to run a rebroadcast for 12-24 hours and keep the window for drops open?

First an otherwise unobtainable weapon, whatever I can leave a stream on overnight, but now "actively participate in trivia" to unlock stuff.

You understand that a lot of your playerbase isn't in your time zone right? And that these events are happening at 3-4 in the morning for some of us? And that we already miss out on the 4 drops a week from all the live streams that happen in the middle of the night for us?

It wouldn't kill you to make things fair for the whole playerbase.

So how is this any different than actually you know, having to plan in advance, find a hotel, go to London Ontario, have purchases a Tennocon ticket, and then been there in person physically to participate in Tennocon "Exclusive" content.

It's not. Tennocon was announced ages ago, it was announced it was moving to August 1st over a month ago. It's on a Saturday, if you wanted to be there for it that bad you had plenty of time to schedule a day off to watch it like a favorite TV show or going to a Weekend release of a Movie. And now that omg you could win 10,000 PLATINUM and oh shineys Rewards now people come to this forum and are complaining that OMG SO UNFAIR I CAN'T BE THERE!? 

Do you understand how this sounds? Tennocon is for the fans who want to be there so bad they will be there that is how it has always been, DE has gone out of their way to go digital this year instead of canceling the whole bloody thing like so many other events this year. 

They have already said the weapon is a timed exclusive we will see it again at another time, special cosmetics and skins have always been by attendance, and contest rewards are for those who participate in the contest whether it be Trivia or Cosplay. 

It's not like I get Comic Con goodies by sitting at home on my arse now is it? If you want it, find a way to be there for it. And if you can't then.

ace ventura deal with it GIF

 

Edited by Magus_Tahir
  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a point, nothing that's actually gameplay content is ever locked away for long.

While some items in this game have been retired (original Snipetron and Machete), those come back eventually, or get the equivalent later. So some players may get the unique gun from watching the Tenno Live part, but in a year or so the Vandal/Wraith/Prisma version of that gun will come out and have better stats.

The Wolf Sledge was an exclusive to challenging that particular Nightwave chapter, except it isn't anymore because you can buy beacons to summon him. The event rewards come back every time the Event gets re-run, like the Gorgon Wraith, Imperator Vandal, Plague Zaws... Everything comes back.

There are only two things that are permanently lost to anyone; The Founders Packs, which are contractually exclusive for all time, and a few Cosmetics.

And when it's cosmetics, you aren't exactly missing out.

If the cosmetics are all you're actually complaining about... that's really petty.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anarchy753 said:

I get that Tennocon is a big deal, and you want drops to happen live, but would it kill you to run a rebroadcast for 12-24 hours and keep the window for drops open?

First an otherwise unobtainable weapon, whatever I can leave a stream on overnight, but now "actively participate in trivia" to unlock stuff.

You understand that a lot of your playerbase isn't in your time zone right? And that these events are happening at 3-4 in the morning for some of us? And that we already miss out on the 4 drops a week from all the live streams that happen in the middle of the night for us?

It wouldn't kill you to make things fair for the whole playerbase.

I open the forum tooday just for say exactly the same thing. I will work during the tennocon time and can't take any of the reward... 

+1 for this post

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

As a point, nothing that's actually gameplay content is ever locked away for long.

While some items in this game have been retired (original Snipetron and Machete), those come back eventually, or get the equivalent later. So some players may get the unique gun from watching the Tenno Live part, but in a year or so the Vandal/Wraith/Prisma version of that gun will come out and have better stats.

The Wolf Sledge was an exclusive to challenging that particular Nightwave chapter, except it isn't anymore because you can buy beacons to summon him. The event rewards come back every time the Event gets re-run, like the Gorgon Wraith, Imperator Vandal, Plague Zaws... Everything comes back.

There are only two things that are permanently lost to anyone; The Founders Packs, which are contractually exclusive for all time, and a few Cosmetics.

And when it's cosmetics, you aren't exactly missing out.

If the cosmetics are all you're actually complaining about... that's really petty.

Funnily enough, it's not for you to decide whether people are allowed to feel like they're missing out on cosmetics.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Funnily enough, it's not for you to decide whether people are allowed to feel like they're missing out on cosmetics.

And funnily enough, it's not for you to decide to tell them they can't have that opinion. It is just as valid as yours, and the only judgement that matters here is DE's. 

I am feeling somewhat sympathetic to your cause since I will be missing the entire event as I have obligations due to my position that I can not take time off for so let me explain a work around for you.

You have time to setup Twitch to stream for you while you work and or sleep. Set your computer to not go to sleep turn off the monitor and turn off the speakers and let it stream while you go about your business. What I said concerning the items that players will get from actually being there in this case at the Tennocon Relay in the game stands. This is how the world works. You, nor I, nor anyone in this form are in any position to change that. 

A whiny post in the General forums may make you feel better at the end of the day, but if you even wanted a sliver of hope of appealing to DE's good graces on this matter a feedback post constructively requesting a way for those outside the time zones would have given you a much better shot.

DE may yet still offer something who knows, but your way of going about it is nothing more than petty childishness in the eyes of professionals that will not move them a millimeter. So continue as you must, and pray DE receives your complaints kindly.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Funnily enough, it's not for you to decide whether people are allowed to feel like they're missing out on cosmetics.

And funnily enough, it still doesn't change the fact that complaining about missing them is petty.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not going to miss out on much tho, a gylph and a mystery decoration(that could just be a random thing that's already in the game), the new weapon which will be available via baro or the deimos content later, hydroid prime which shouldn't be hard to get your hands on in game right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the Athodai Hand Cannon and the Tennocon Relay / TennoLive Staff skin and Mystery Decoration, but I literally work at 4PM, is it possible to know if I can login and go to the TennoCon Relay and just STAY there at the appropriate time - and be at work and still collect the event rewards? Cause I won't be able to be active at 5-6PM when numerous things drop. If I am there in the Relay and login at the 12PM and am idle in the relay while the event takes place, will I still get the 5-6PM and onwards rewards?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure but aren't Tennocon relay and Tennolive relay different things? Tennolive one will be commonly available.

If it's true, Tennolive relay isn't accesible yet, so no guarantee you'll manage to get in.

Edited by Xaero
Link to post
Share on other sites

some people told me that you can just set up an auto refresh on you browser so you just leave twich there it refersher every hour and you should get everything

for me tennolive is like 11pm and I'm gonna sleep I will just start twich on my phone and go to sleep it should work since that's how I farm point in smite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

some people told me that you can just set up an auto refresh on you browser

There's no need for that, streams start automatically without refreshing the page. That's how I've got yesterday's ducat drop.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Baro's place arrives in 1'ish hour from now and stays til August 2nd, his place should work for all rewards I'd imagine, all the while leaving the Twitch stream open for when that all happens. So I'm hoping it all works and 'being in Baro's place, it doesn't need updates, no mandatory hotfixes happen that boots me out while at work' sorta ordeal.... Maaaan, it'd be great if just staying in a relay with Baro in it, that everything will in real time just update and go Live as one would hope without needing to Leave and rejoin or anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

I believe the gun is a twitch prime drop, so you needed a twitch prime sub as well as watching tennocon on twitch to acquire.

no it is not its only timed-exclusive

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After the postponed date; the mandatory connection...  THE WORST IDEA EVER!!!!

As much as it's possible to get by with a Twitch on mobile phone, but the "Relay Tennocon/Baro" trick during Tennolive, well it's just impossible...

Thank you DE for never thinking about players who have a life.

Console players: we don(t care! (and I'm well aware that you're going to have a hard time with a phone connection on your laptop, but it's still possible)

Residents from outside the Americas: we don't care! (because you have to be live, it's important! the broadcasting hours because of the time zones:we don't care!)

Non-English speaking players too: we don't care!

And that rant is not about some missing gizmos, it's about the carelessness!

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...