Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Relay Exclusive Drops

anarchy753

3 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

So how is this any different than actually you know, having to plan in advance, find a hotel, go to London Ontario, have purchases a Tennocon ticket, and then been there in person physically to participate in Tennocon "Exclusive" content.

It's not. Tennocon was announced ages ago, it was announced it was moving to August 1st over a month ago. It's on a Saturday, if you wanted to be there for it that bad you had plenty of time to schedule a day off to watch it like a favorite TV show or going to a Weekend release of a Movie. And now that omg you could win 10,000 PLATINUM and oh shineys Rewards now people come to this forum and are complaining that OMG SO UNFAIR I CAN'T BE THERE!? 

Do you understand how this sounds? Tennocon is for the fans who want to be there so bad they will be there that is how it has always been, DE has gone out of their way to go digital this year instead of canceling the whole bloody thing like so many other events this year. 

They have already said the weapon is a timed exclusive we will see it again at another time, special cosmetics and skins have always been by attendance, and contest rewards are for those who participate in the contest whether it be Trivia or Cosplay. 

It's not like I get Comic Con goodies by sitting at home on my arse now is it? If you want it, find a way to be there for it. And if you can't then.

ace ventura deal with it GIF

agree 100%, it sucks but you did have time to prepare for this

Many of us in these hard times have to go out and work. We can manage to take our phones and catch the announcements on mobile but getting time gated exclusive reward for staying ingame that too at 4 am at night is really sad. So i request you to extend the reward for 48-72 

19 minutes ago, Ktro said:

Many of us in these hard times have to go out and work. We can manage to take our phones and catch the announcements on mobile but getting time gated exclusive reward for staying ingame that too at 4 am at night is really sad. So i request you to extend the reward for 48-72 

So what you're expecting the next Tennocon in person to go to players houses next because many can't go to London Ontario because they are working or can't make it to give the exclusive bonuses for being there without actually being there? Kinda defeats the purposes of exclusive now don't it.

Honestly were just about one day away from Tennocon, where were all of you needy people when they announced that it was going to be moved to August 1st this year after so many dev streams. Logically speaking of course if portions of it were gonna be live did you think they were going to do it at 4 a.m. London Ontario time? But let us consider this following point, oh but wait it wasn't until they said there were rewards for being there. That's when people started moaning oh boy, people will have things others don't they won't be special if they don't have these things. They wan'ts it!

My precious GIF

And not even a please in that request, really now. I don't know what is going to raise my blood pressure more the salt from how many of these gimme threads are going to appear, or the absolute entitlement people seem to have. At least this thread has a request in it, but please these hard times? You have had a month + to prepare for this.

55 minutes ago, bronzebonobo said:

agree 100%, it sucks but you did have time to prepare for this

Yeah because when was it announced that we actually had to be in game, or participating in trivia? Oh that's right, 1 day before the event. Silly me for having a full time job that means I can't be up at 3am.

5 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

I get that Tennocon is a big deal, and you want drops to happen live, but would it kill you to run a rebroadcast for 12-24 hours and keep the window for drops open?

First an otherwise unobtainable weapon, whatever I can leave a stream on overnight, but now "actively participate in trivia" to unlock stuff.

You understand that a lot of your playerbase isn't in your time zone right? And that these events are happening at 3-4 in the morning for some of us? And that we already miss out on the 4 drops a week from all the live streams that happen in the middle of the night for us?

It wouldn't kill you to make things fair for the whole playerbase.

Isn't this stuff that would have only been available to people who were there in person for Tennocon if it had actually been a physical event due to the pandemic? Especially the Trivia thing. 

So I actually don't understand what there is to complain about. Just like Tennocon itself, if you wanted the stuff from being at Tennocon, you needed to take time off work and travel to Canada. In this case, you don't even need to travel to Canada, you can stay at home, you just had to schedule off work to truly be there for the event.

And they only announced it recently, but common sense and how they have done past in person Tennocons would tell you this was coming. You decided it wasn't important enough for you to take off work for the potential drops, but you know DE doesn't announce this stuff months in advance. You can use the past as your guide. 

17 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

So what you're expecting the next Tennocon in person to go to players houses next because many can't go to London Ontario because they are working or can't make it to give the exclusive bonuses for being there without actually being there? Kinda defeats the purposes of exclusive now don't it.

Honestly were just about one day away from Tennocon, where were all of you needy people when they announced that it was going to be moved to August 1st this year after so many dev streams. Logically speaking of course if portions of it were gonna be live did you think they were going to do it at 4 a.m. London Ontario time? But let us consider this following point, oh but wait it wasn't until they said there were rewards for being there. That's when people started moaning oh boy, people will have things others don't they won't be special if they don't have these things. They wan'ts it!

And not even a please in that request, really now. I don't know what is going to raise my blood pressure more the salt from how many of these gimme threads are going to appear, or the absolute entitlement people seem to have. At least this thread has a request in it, but please these hard times? You have had a month + to prepare for this.

There's online drops every year, you don't need to be a $&*^ about it. Nobody's expecting anything that we don't get online already.

And no, 24 hours notice is NOT "a month to prepare for this."

People were prepared until they changed the rules the day before.

40 minutes ago, Ktro said:

20 minutes ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Never heard of them. Got any examples?

Wait are you talking about the TennoCON rewards rather than Tenno Relay?

You don't go ingame, you watch on Twitch and link your account.

If you are talking about the Tennocon Relay for Baro, this will be its second arrival. It was there in July for about 7 days.

14 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Yeah because when was it announced that we actually had to be in game, or participating in trivia? Oh that's right, 1 day before the event. Silly me for having a full time job that means I can't be up at 3am.

This is also true, they did not clarify this until recently, which is bull and I understand, not a fan of them locking mr behind a semi functional twitch drop system, but it won't change, they will never give full clarity on anything because they don't want to?I honestly don't know

Edit: as for what i commented on earlier, i was agreeing on the fact that they would basically announce the drops last minute (because they have never done this before amirite) again short notice but there was a little bit of prep time however small

2 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

There's online drops every year, you don't need to be a $&*^ about it. Nobody's expecting anything that we don't get online already.

And no, 24 hours notice is NOT "a month to prepare for this."

People were prepared until they changed the rules the day before.

Yes there are online drops. Its a forgone conclusion that if the entire event is going to be only live online then there will be only live events and rewards that can be gotten during that time. 

Thats the point. Its for the people who are there with them at that time. As I said in the thread you started I am not going to be there, but unlike you I am not going to sit here and try and coerce DE by playing on their sympathies as that is entirely disrespectful.

You can't change the rules when they have never done a fully digital Tennocon. Whether some rules are the same or not is irrelevant, this is a new take and DE is within their rights do run it how they please.

Who know DE may do something for those that can't make it and I'll celebrate that along with everyone else. Don't expect it however especially when the people asking are doing nothing but whining and moaning without even a please. You have alot to learn about making formal requests of those who have what you want, because if this is the prefered method of choice just wait until it is something in life that matters far more than a video game.

Now I have said all I have to say on this matter. Be well.

13 minutes ago, bronzebonobo said:

This is also true, they did not clarify this until recently, which is bull and I understand, not a fan of them locking mr behind a semi functional twitch drop system, but it won't change, they will never give full clarity on anything because they don't want to?I honestly don't know

Edit: as for what i commented on earlier, i was agreeing on the fact that they would basically announce the drops last minute (because they have never done this before amirite) again short notice but there was a little bit of prep time however small

I understand people feel aggrieved that it was announced so late in the game, but I feel like a lot of people should have expected this. 

Haven't they had trivia and stuff like that for prizes at the in person Tennocon, and given prizes that were exclusive to people who showed up in person? Except in this case, all you had to do was get off work, you don't need a passport if applicable, and a plane ticket and hotel to their neck of the woods in Canada. This is unprecedented because it is the first time they had to cancel the in person Tennocon, so on the one hand I understand why some are frustrated that it was announced late, 

However, many of those complaining would never have gone in person to Tennocon, and are grousing about something they would have had no chance to get from home period, if the pandemic hadn't occurred. 

7 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

But let us consider this following point, oh but wait it wasn't until they said there were rewards for being there. That's when people started moaning oh boy, people will have things others don't they won't be special if they don't have these things. They wan'ts it!

My precious GIF

+1

Maybe you are rich or can stay at home. But i do have a job where i need to leave the house with covid cases reaching 1.5 million in my nation. So yeah its hard times for me and many others. Now not only do i have to stay awake.. But i will also have to take leave from job to stay ingame.. Maybe its easy for you kids or people with comfy jobs to make arrangements but life isn't that easy for many of us who couldn't arrange and also we cant risk losing our job in this market with mass layoffs.... So it was a request to DE to extend the in-relay event and not entitled spoilt brats teaching me the pandemic situation and hardships many of us are facing which they have not faced

6 minutes ago, Ktro said:

Maybe you are rich or can stay at home. But i do have a job where i need to leave the house with covid cases reaching 1.5 million in my nation. So yeah its hard times for me and many others. Now not only do i have to stay awake.. But i will also have to take leave from job to stay ingame.. Maybe its easy for you kids or people with comfy jobs to make arrangements but life isn't that easy for many of us who couldn't arrange and also we cant risk losing our job in this market with mass layoffs.... So it was a request to DE to extend the in-relay event and not entitled spoilt brats teaching me the pandemic situation and hardships many of us are facing which they have not faced

If you are the type of person whose job hours are such an issue that they cannot get a single afternoon off on a Saturday when they knew the event was coming months ago, then you would not be able to attend Tennocon irl either. 

And if not for the pandemic, Tennocon would be in person, and some of the things you are asking to be extended are things no one who didn't attend Tennocon in person would have a shot at in a regular year. I think that's what some who are bothered by this are missing -- the only reason some of us even have a shot at some of this is because the event is being held online, when it normally wouldn't be. 

I'm not saying I don't get your disappointment, but even if its online, it is an event. Events are 100% about being there, that's the whole point of an event. If you can't be there it totally sucks, but rewards for being part of an event are for being part of the event, not wanting to but not being able to show up. 

45 minutes ago, (PS4)manicmartz61 said:

Ok, so i have a ps4 and that's it, no smart phone or computer. Does anyone know if i can be on the relay , come out of the game, start my twitch app ( which suspends the game but i think means I'm technically still signed in) and watch that way?

It's possible but there isn't really a way to test it since we never had a condition like that before.

Il y a 14 heures, anarchy753 a dit :

Funnily enough, it's not for you to decide whether people are allowed to feel like they're missing out on cosmetics.

Il y a 13 heures, Magus_Tahir a dit :

And funnily enough, it's not for you to decide to tell them they can't have that opinion. It is just as valid as yours, and the only judgement that matters here is DE's.

Funnily enough, it's not for you to to decide to tell him he can't decide to tell them they can't have that opinion, and that it's just as valid as his, and that the only judgement that matters here is DE's. And, no, it's not for me to decide to tell you that it's not for you to to decide to tell him he can't decide to tell them this, or the other things you said either. But i just did, and it's not for anybody to decide to tell me that... err... wait...

On topic:

it took a year for Baro to offer the Lotus ephemera. I'm glad he did eventually, but i'd rather not have to wait another year to get my hands on the new twitch exclusive pistol. DE, please consider making the Athodai an invasion reward or something after tennocon.

Archived