Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack toxicity

DarkFenix2k5

So, yeah, railjack groups seem to be extremely toxic, more so than players in any other game mode. I just came back to the game, this stuff is all new and shiny to me, so I hop into railjack missions to have some fun. If I touch the side turrets, I get screamed at, if I disembark to shoot at things with my archwing, I get screamed at. Told to stop leeching, to stop doing things that are pointless. Apparently I'm expected to just head down into the forge and press buttons so that the host can have fun.

So... what's the point? I remember when railjack was being originally previewed, it was supposed to be this big fun coop thing. Now that I've tried it, it seems the opposite, sounds more like it's designed for 1-2 players to have fun, and to hell with anyone else unfortunate enough to be along for the ride.

You probably just found really bad people, it's better to use the recruit chat, and yes railjack people sometimes are extremely toxic, even if they do wrong, they give you the fault of it. People needs to chill...

11 minutes ago, DarkFenix2k5 said:

So, yeah, railjack groups seem to be extremely toxic, more so than players in any other game mode. I just came back to the game, this stuff is all new and shiny to me, so I hop into railjack missions to have some fun. If I touch the side turrets, I get screamed at, if I disembark to shoot at things with my archwing, I get screamed at. Told to stop leeching, to stop doing things that are pointless. Apparently I'm expected to just head down into the forge and press buttons so that the host can have fun.

So... what's the point? I remember when railjack was being originally previewed, it was supposed to be this big fun coop thing. Now that I've tried it, it seems the opposite, sounds more like it's designed for 1-2 players to have fun, and to hell with anyone else unfortunate enough to be along for the ride.

It just sounds like you ran into the wrong people unfortunately. Staying in the forge is pretty pointless, even for Void Missions. Sounds like you were stuck with folks who are pretty terrible at Railjack, most likely carried through everything themselves, and panicked.

Make your own Railjack. Its far more fun now that its actually balanced. Might be necessary for future missions/events too.

Pretty sure Railjack has put itself in that style of game-play, where it's too small to be large scale engaging, and the gameplay/missions in it are extremely niche too, so those playing expect everyone else to be exactly on their level and brainwaves, and anyone just starting or learning the new niche are "a waste of time". I can't remember what it's called, but the basic mental image is "This is my puddle! Get on my level or get out!!!".
It's unfortunate, because players who act like that in a game scare away other new players, so the game/ game-mode never grows, and slowly dries up and dies.

31 minutes ago, DarkFenix2k5 said:

Sorry you had that experience Tenno. Last time we had the challenge I did a bunch of runs with my Railjack. There wasn't any yelling even when the newbs were using stuff that drained the resources, and I encouraged them to drive and try stuff out. I think that when I part and they host migrate they stay on my ship until they leave, so I will usually offer to do that in case anyone wants to keep at it, because my ship is fully kitted out and a little exploring can yield a lot of resources to help them out with building their own ships up. 

No I don't need them to do anything in order to succeed, and they generally can't really do anything that I can't undo pretty quickly either. 

I have had people go off on a group cussing and ranting because someone used something during a mission. I pointed out that I had been playing the role of forge-monkey, and jumping across to the crewships and had warned when we were out of materials to replenish stuff. He kept going, and even ordered us to leave, and told me to get out of his clan's dojo (I'd hopped to the console to dump some of the salvage we'd collected). 

That dude had issues, not all players in Railjack. 

15 minutes ago, DarkFenix2k5 said:

sounds more like it's designed for 1-2 players to have fun, and to hell with anyone else unfortunate enough to be along for the ride.

I don't do Public RJ much but have seen these two happen a fair bit on the occasions I have:

The Captain being overzealous about the fact that it's their ship.

The Crew burning through flux and munitions at insane rates without really managing to accomplish anything. 

I understand that folks can be a little sensitive when it involves their stuff but see no good reason to abuse other players when they elected to share it with others either. 

I think DE could fix it by implementing:

• Captain's Share bonus for successful missions where their ship was used in Railjack
  • Refund X% of the resources used in the forge at the end of missions back to the Captain.
  • Add a recommendation system at the end of missions for MVP. ..Throw in a cantina in the Relays where you can spend those MVP points on random stuff.
  • Offer Once Daily Bonuses for signing on to RailJack missions as either Crew or Captain.
  • Allow for the Group to keep what they collected even if the mission does fail. 

Then the captain has nothing to really complain about to begin with and being a jerk to others potentially works against them in RJ pugs...At the same time, it also offers great reasons for everyone to jump into public RJ missions at least once a day as either captain or crew (or both if you split the daily reward up). 

1 hour ago, DarkFenix2k5 said:

I remember when railjack was being originally previewed, it was supposed to be this big fun coop thing.

Same goes with Liches, Fortuna, Archwing, K-Drives, Plains Of Eidolon and Pretty much every thing else you might see on Dev Streams.

Apparently I'm expected to just head down into the forge and press buttons so that the host can have fun.

Believe it or not This was what i prefered doing whenever I joined any  crew. I hated Railjack and wanted to interact with as Little of it as possible.

That being said... Toxicity is still annoying... i say you should mute/ignore those Bastards next time.

I made all RJ in solo to avoid problems and go on my own, the only time i get in pubs was during SS, always as host, so is little experience, but i can say that mostly everyone was really good, only one wasted all flux and ammo, don't know why, really

Talk to each other during missions and recruiting is SS relay was key for me

Try to be host, and only have at the start minimum flux and ammo, so in case u found some as@#@#( u can just ignore them

That pretty much sums up MMOs in general. Any forced COOP will turn into this. While you can do most things solo in warframe, the fact that they were designed for team play was the dumbest mistake DE could make, because it will be more or less a pain for solo play. That means that people will do it in groups to avoid being frustrated, taking a S#&$ on anyone not doing the meta to make it faster so they can leave quicker. Not everyone acts like this, but most people do.

Seems like it is an obsession with MMO developers to shove the COOP down everyones throat by force. Too bad that is not how it works. People will, as is easy to guess, say that "it's MMO" but that is just an excuse.

It isn't more "toxic" than in other games, it's just the same because we are all human.

I suppose Railjack has an extra layer of toxicity potential just by the fact that the ship itself belongs to someone, a captain, and hence anyone appearing on it on a public match has somehow to follow orders from that person. Regular non-Railjack public matchmaking has a host instead who just hasn't got the same amount of "power" over teammates (although they can ruin someone's experience by quitting and forcing a host migration.)

I've seen plenty of random crews before I maxed intrinsics (i.e before. I quit Railjack) and truth be told, I've seen greater variation in players' behavior compared to non-Railjack missions. Some people are very kind, some tend to be rude. I'd say to anyone who is a novice at this game mode, don't let it get under your skin - which holds true to any form of online gaming. After all, the majority of crews you'll join are just about the same any random group in a public match: business-like, let's get the mission done.

23 hours ago, DarkFenix2k5 said:

As others have said, they are farming drops for affinity, mods and progress, farming resources, and get very angry if you deplete their forge resources.

The easiest thing you can do to alleviate gripes is get intrinsics to a point where you can instantly teleport back to the Railjack from wherever you are, no matter what you are doing. 

And don’t use up alt Fire ammo on Railjack guns or spam build on the forges.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

That pretty much sums up MMOs in general. Any forced COOP will turn into this. While you can do most things solo in warframe, the fact that they were designed for team play was the dumbest mistake DE could make, because it will be more or less a pain for solo play. That means that people will do it in groups to avoid being frustrated, taking a S#&$ on anyone not doing the meta to make it faster so they can leave quicker. Not everyone acts like this, but most people do.

Seems like it is an obsession with MMO developers to shove the COOP down everyones throat by force. Too bad that is not how it works. People will, as is easy to guess, say that "it's MMO" but that is just an excuse.

It isn't more "toxic" than in other games, it's just the same because we are all human.

And with this kind of crap people still want raids (trial) to be back in Warframe? I'm going to smirk from this

If i do remember correctly, Railjack is still a work in progress pretty much. Unfortunately there will always be trolls and toxic people in any game mode, not just Railjack. Keep in mind that even without the commands intrinsic, soloing Railjack content is quite simple.

The things that Railjack is missing to be what we saw in the last Tennocon reveal, are many, but i would like to guess that with the pandemic going on and work from home orders, and DE needing the full access to all of their tools in the studio, is gonna take a bit more time to work on the stuff that railjack really needs, such as:

- Boarding Railjack from Open worlds
- Kuva Lich controlled Galleons available in Railjack Missions.
- More Railjack mission types.
- Squad Link being a thing not exclusive to a single timed event (Scarlet Spear)

There could be more, but i believe this is the stuff most people wanted and we still dont have, tho there has been progress, for Railjack to be fully integrated into the game like DE Steve wanted, this are the points i believe they should touch first.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Yakhul:

If i do remember correctly, Railjack is still a work in progress

Sums up the whole game sadly tho, Warframe is officially in beta still also as a whole, why they can change so much so drastically at any time.

tumblr_ngnd97QdBQ1sx331no1_400.gif

17 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And with this kind of crap people still want raids (trial) to be back in Warframe? I'm going to smirk from this

The thing with Trials, at least LoR, is that if someone just stopped, no one would progress from the Button Standing phase.

Not sure on the JV, I never actually completed the last part or was in the thick of it to see WTF was going on (I d/c and recconected a few seconds before they killed the golem, in a pérfect "I HELPED!" Moment.).

It's called mute everyone and just try to help.

I personally just kill stuff right outside the railjack with my archwing while others do the objectives. 

But definitely mute people. 

I was never a mic person. I personally know how to conduct myself and know how to play, so I dont need anyone to tell me anything. I observe the whole battlefield. 

Your teammates are on the radar so I know where people are going.

One of the more insidious failures of Railjack is that the mode is fundamentally designed so that it needs a team working together. If you don't have one player piloting the Railjack, and at least one other doing whatever else needs to be done, e.g. checking the Foundry, piloting a side turret, doing the away crew objectives, etc., gameplay slows down to a crawl -- it's still possible to win when playing solo, but it requires a strong RJ build, and is incredibly tedious due to all the plates one has to spin at the same time. One of Warframe's strengths as a multiplayer game I think is that, most of the time, one doesn't need other players to win a mission -- other players certainly help, but in the worst case, a player can kill all the enemies in the Exterminate mission, defend the objectives in Mobile Defense, commit mass murder in Survival, and so on, and if other players really want to do their own thing, it'll only slow the player down by about a minute at most as they wait at extraction.

When players need others to do their job, that's when toxicity springs up, because it becomes all too easy for randos in a mutiplayer game to play the blame game when things go wrong -- this sometimes happened against Trinity players back in her heyday, because some players felt like they needed her Energy or healing, and if they weren't getting enough of either or both, they had a target to pin the fault on. It is thus not surprising that some Railjack matches would turn out like this, especially since players will sometimes have different objectives, with clashing optimal strategies as a result -- one player might be trying to farm resources or a certain Avionic, which will have them fly around a lot and do lots of secondary stuff to pick up the relevant loot, but another might just want to complete the mission for the end-of-mission reward, and thus run the objectives as fast as possible. None of this excuses the behavior of players who lash out at others, obviously, but it does mean that Railjack is currently structurally inclined to induce friction between players. Until the mode is made properly solo-viable, which may never happen, there will thus inevitably be a degree of toxicity there.

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

If i do remember correctly, Railjack is still a work in progress pretty much. Unfortunately there will always be trolls and toxic people in any game mode, not just Railjack

Actually from my experience... the Toxicity seems to scale with the possibility of rewards.

The more rewarding  game mode is... the more likely you will encounter Toxic Behavior.

Maybe that explains why some people like Animal Conservation so much... I dont think I've ever heard of Toxicity in conservation.

with void hole and pilot can kill all things wihout leave the ship. And some mods for forward artillary.

Its not necessary to leave railjack to use archwing and kill enemies 🤢....it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen ....

Archived