Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't inspecting other players work correctly?

Ragna677

I'm sure it works as intended but that way is dumb. I want to see what they currently have equipped and how they have their gear setup. I don't care what they used the most. If I see someone with the same Frame doing loads more damage. I'd like to be able to see what they're doing right and what I'm doing wrong. Sure you can ask them but not everyone is polite enough or has the time or even just wants to respond, at all or appropriately enough to find out. Why not just make it so you can look at their gear yourself and then go on about your business? Or say you don't have that frame and you just want to see what they're using because it looks cool or fun to play. Just [ i ] them and find out. Nobody cares what random players in the game use the most. Sometimes you get lucky and they're on they're most used setup already but you can't even go into their setup to see their mods. I'm sure it has something to do with DE wanting you to invest more time researching it by yourself online or something. Making you spend more time indulged in Warframe. They have a knack for finding ways for you to have engross yourself more in the game. Be by farming for stuff or researching stuff. Not that thats a totally bad thing. Thats just how the game is but a small change like inspecting someone properly wouldn't hurt that. Maybe there is a way and I just haven't found it. Idk. 

Modding and gear are personal choices (and a basic thing to learn at the very start of the game), they only work if they suit the players gameplay, copying something will get you nowhere, doesn't matter if they tell you or you find a way of knowing it.

Keep in mind is is merely a sugestion, you are free to skip basics like many other players, all i'm saying is that the skip comes at a heavy cost.

1 hour ago, Ragna677 said:

I'm sure it works as intended but that way is dumb. I want to see what they currently have equipped and how they have their gear setup. I don't care what they used the most. If I see someone with the same Frame doing loads more damage. I'd like to be able to see what they're doing right and what I'm doing wrong. Sure you can ask them but not everyone is polite enough or has the time or even just wants to respond, at all or appropriately enough to find out. Why not just make it so you can look at their gear yourself and then go on about your business? Or say you don't have that frame and you just want to see what they're using because it looks cool or fun to play. Just [ i ] them and find out. Nobody cares what random players in the game use the most. Sometimes you get lucky and they're on they're most used setup already but you can't even go into their setup to see their mods. I'm sure it has something to do with DE wanting you to invest more time researching it by yourself online or something. Making you spend more time indulged in Warframe. They have a knack for finding ways for you to have engross yourself more in the game. Be by farming for stuff or researching stuff. Not that thats a totally bad thing. Thats just how the game is but a small change like inspecting someone properly wouldn't hurt that. Maybe there is a way and I just haven't found it. Idk. 

DE made it clear long ago that loadout info would only be shared if the owner of said loadouts gave permission that is why we have the ability to link out loadouts in chat. It is very much an invasion of privacy, and DE has been very mindful of that by not adding this feature in Warframe as it undermines the time, energy, and effort of the players who make their builds if anyone can just look and copy. It of course harkens back to the days of PvP, but the concept still stands the more knowledge you have of another player the easier it is to build for their weaknesses. They may have added a feature that allows Twitch streamers to show what they are using if they so desire but it is still optional. 

Many players in the game do not hand out their builds and for good reason, and if what I suspect is true and the idea to write this stims from a situation where someone said no when inquiring about a build that is just something players are going to have to deal with. And quite frankly the last thing I want is someone walking the street to walk up to my car and lift the hood to see what is inside. So I will echo @fo3nixz and say to anyone that wants to look at my loadouts without my consent they can well.

get out GIF

Archived