Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dunno if to continue with Steel Path or not.

(PSN)grayhyh

Ive cleared 5 planets so far,well 8 with lua,derelict and kuva fortress and i really dont feel like going at it really anymore,i want to see how the other bosses will be tho... vay hek went down easier than i expected but sargus ruk will probably be a pain and ropalolist will be an annoying insta death bullst sponge lol which i kinda want to see for myself if they are but at the same time i really dont feel like clearing down Star Chart Sortie+ toughness edition nodes

I wish the steel essense wasnt such a pain to get and maybe receiving more rewards from this game mode would be a neat thing to happen,it would give me more incentive to go thru it other than experiancing level 100+ beef enemies and getting dumb cheap trophies.

Welp probably will never happen,never really had much hope on this in the first place probably will be abandoned for years.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

I can find a way to cheese everything except the defense missions, those take too much time, i hate them

i just use khora aith an aoe wep to take down enemies... tho probably a limbo is the better choice for that or frost

hace 1 minuto, (PS4)Madurai-Prime dijo:

Newsflash: The Steel Path isn't an event that's going away in week. You can actually keep playing it in the future to get more essence. 

No one is forcing anyone to rush anything to get a million essense in a week.

How can i brag about it then?

Edit: im forced to do it, i can feel the gun in my head

I not bother with it honestly, people wanted "challange" even that DE said it will not be any endcontent, now it is a pointless gamemode only dragging things out since they are still just bullet sponges with higher HP and Shields, i won't touch it, not even finished one planet yet, done earth to Venus and thought i had enough already, it is not fun, only takes longer and on top the steel essence drops come down to eximus, meaning endless missions once again are on top, meaning also that capture, rescue, etc are pointless and exist simply be cause they are on the starchart, i get it, this game turned into a horde shooter, but why have this missions at all then, remove them DE if you simply not care for such aswell.

Worst part for me simply, what is really the difference now between lets say Survival Ceres and Survival Sedna? Both level 100 now, so even more pointless since both are the exact same now, no variety in this mode and not changing any in your drops of what you want.

And why we goten this mess? People wanted levle 100 enemies to twoshot them instead of oneshotting, such challange, it bores me, it simply takes longer and is basically Saturn Six Wolf in a nutshell, spread over all missions now. I personally will avoid it and i hope it rots.

I like DE but this move, i can promise will make people leave this game honestly, people will be driven away by it, not becasue it'S hard but because it simply drags out withour changes to gameplay, comapre a Raid in an MMO, normal  mode will have your usual Boss, Extreme mode or Hgher level changes the Boss drastically often in pattern, phases and mechanics, they not just raise the level and its Hp.

And yes i am aware it is not suppoesd endcontent but then waht is the point to it at all? To let people start at 100 but yet raissing HP and Shields? I not get the conept behidn this mode simply. Instead of evolving and moving to new places or reworking old outdated things into something new we get such? Recycling at its poorest. We goten new yes like the Corpus ships but then Jackal got changed also, a techncially second boss in the tutorial still, but this needed a rework to make it harder? Instead of you know, the goddamn Sergeant?

This all simply gripes me, that we getting such now, and yes Corona and all but, i rather have no content then such, but DE worked all over the place already before the VIrus so i not blame that, now we getting Heart of Deimos for some reason, New War already forgotten? Duvari Paradox?  I given up on that honestly and play what i have fun with but i not look forward to anything anymore, only will disappoint you.

If i not like a gamemode i won't touch it, end of story for me, nice cosmetics or not and rewards, i not touching Arbritation for the same reason, i want to have fun and not the perfect setup and make a math project out of every mission to play against each factions. Also not touchign Railjack much or Archwing so, i can take breaks for other games on top without forcing myself to this stupid chores the game turned into and keeps repeatign the same mistakes.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Newsflash: The Steel Path isn't an event that's going away in week. You can actually keep playing it in the future to get more essence. 

No one is forcing anyone to rush anything to get a million essense in a week.

Ill forget about it in a week and maybe even not bothering to do it anymore,I have a tendency to loss interest if i dont do it rn but yeah ive done enough imo and ive had a long ass solo fight with harrow and primary tombfinger against an incredibly tanky lephantis

At first i didnt wanted to even try it but "You dont know if you like it or not until you have tried it" is a thing so i did,im gonna be honest i had a lil bit of fun which kinda went away somewhat after clearing ceres and phobos junctions and having actually a decent number of enemies on solo was kinda a feeling of fresh air,since solo enemies number is usually pretty small.

I guess ill stop with rushing and testing stuff on steel path for now.

Steel Path is its own brand of... people seem to dislike the term "content island" so let's coin something else... content cul-de-sac?

Much like Sorties and a few other bits of content, it's so divorced from the main game in terms of requirements that it might as well be a different game altogether. Even worse, since it has a pretty high barrier to entry, it's not something that can really be added to without risking said addition being lost to the vast majority of the playerbase.

It also seems to operate on a bit of tautology, since it's "meant" to be used as a testing ground for gear, but gear of that caliber only really shines in the highest levels, like Steel Path, but it's a mode meant to test gear, but gear of that caliber only really shines in the highest levels, like Steel Path, but it's a mode meant to test gear, but gear of that caliber only really shines in the highest levels, like Steel Path, but it's a mode meant to test gear...

Sorry, I blacked out for a sec.

My final observation about Steel Path is that it even fails to deliver on the original promise. Players wanted a slider so they could play any mission at the difficulty they wanted. What they got is a non-dynamic game mode that locks its main draw (higher level enemies) behind the entire map, and doesn't even actually provide what was asked for, since the spawns haven't really been modified, and Eximus units and harder enemies take the same time to start spawning as in regular missions.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Ive cleared 5 planets so far,well 8 with lua,derelict and kuva fortress and i really dont feel like going at it really anymore,i want to see how the other bosses will be tho... vay hek went down easier than i expected but sargus ruk will probably be a pain and ropalolist will be an annoying insta death bullst sponge lol which i kinda want to see for myself if they are but at the same time i really dont feel like clearing down Star Chart Sortie+ toughness edition nodes

I wish the steel essense wasnt such a pain to get and maybe receiving more rewards from this game mode would be a neat thing to happen,it would give me more incentive to go thru it other than experiancing level 100+ beef enemies and getting dumb cheap trophies.

Welp probably will never happen,never really had much hope on this in the first place probably will be abandoned for years.

I'm inclined to agree with you honestly. The higher spawn rates are good, something I wanted, as well as lvl 100 enemies. Where it falls apart to me is the modifiers, they're too much for me, bullet sponges as everyone calls them. I don't even have very good primary weapons that work against these modifiers, I've been playing Khora and scraping by with my Stat stick. Guns imo, are next to useless here. Say I suck if you want, I'm just not having much fun here, this isn't a challenge, its tedious and unfun to me. The only reason I'm doing it now is because I'm FORCING myself to do it. I admit it, I'm one of those players that cares about MR, not as a bragging right, but because of the extra stuff with it like standing or void trace and such. I might not end up finishing it, I shouldn't have to force myself to do an unfun activity. It is what it is I guess.

My suggestion:

Set a schedule. Do one node a day, maybe three per week. No more than that.

You may think, "but my rewards!"

But remember: given the low drop rates, it is very unlikely for things like Steel Essence to have their drop rates diminished. If anything, it might go up. Which means you could be pushing yourself really hard now, trying to get those rewards ASAP, when you can have an easier time later on.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

I can find a way to cheese everything except the defense missions, those take too much time, i hate them

Khora cheeses the Steel Path defense missions.

Here's how to do it... though you need a Naramon Khora! At mission start, break open lockers and containers for energy/health orbs (I use Equilibrium on mine). Look for enemies and Ensnare them and melee attack them and try to build combo up to at least x6. Do not use Energy Pads. You are restricted 1 Energy Pad per minute. Save these in case you need Strangledome in the middle of a defense mission and you're low on energy! It's rare that this happens (because you have 4 player spawns), but it's happened to me once or twice (and only one time the whole mission!).

Go to the defense target and wait for enemies to reach the cryopod. Then cast Strangledome... wait for Strangledome to fill up with enemies and then use Whipclaw. If it's Grineer/Corrupted/Infested, you should have Slash build and the Grineer will bleed to death (not immediately, but it happens over a few seconds!)... everything else usually dies instantly. Recast Strangledome and Whipclaw as needed until next wave. Then repeat this process 4 more times! You can finish any Steel Path Defense mission this way in 5-10 minutes (more time needed with Treasurers or Cephalites interrupting the mission!). I think I finish mine usually in 6-7 minutes.

EDIT: Obviously swap out Buzz Kill on your melee stat stick with Fever Strike for Corpus. Bring a radiation weapon to kill Oxium Ospreys! They make Corpus Defense missions slower!

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

I drop 1 (ancient healer) specter and killed things at a rate of about 1 guy down every 1-5 seconds.

no cc, just me playing banshee with a weapon I was leveling up

You do it for 5 waves then extract. Node cleared.

Sometimes I didn't even use the specter if the objective didn't look hurt enough.

1 hour ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

I wish the steel essense wasnt such a pain to get

I was getting a consistent 12-16 SE an hour run,not terrible IMO. Going into it all I wanted was the teshin curasis, Lua, Derelict and the void trophy’s. And I’ll be good. Got 3 of 4. That said I have really no interest in doing the rest anytime soon. Might do a node a day. (Shrug) 

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

its fairly easy but the 85 steel essence is just a bit much imo as the most star chart completion gets is 30 ish , it more of a grind fest for little rewards

It takes a single 3 hour survival to buy out the entire shop. You can even pause the game in solo mode. Whoever complains about the grind is doing things seriously wrong.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

Ho ! the cheese for that is octavia ^.^ 

Btw how do you cheese disruption LOL ? i had no luck solo with baruk yet

I did the first node E Prime and that's it, honestly, not that fun, and with no rewards to motivate me. also I have Ghosts of Tsushima now, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. in fact, I might just make a thread about how warframe needs to be more like Tsushima, because that's what everyone here does when another game with swords in it comes out, right?

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I did the fort node E Prime and that's it, honestly, not that fun, and with no rewards to motivate me. also I have Ghosts of Tsushima now, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. in fact, I might just make a thread about how warframe needs to be more like Tsushima, because that's what everyone here does when another game with swords in it comes out, right?

I just got the platinum for Ghost of Tsushima, it was excellent. I want more haha. Hopefully NG+ down the road. 

Archived