Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Power Colors

mac101099

i just got a brand new ember warframe and got to a high enough level to be able to use an ability of hers. i had changed the part of her appearance that changes the color of warframe powers when their used. I changed it to black because i figured it would look really cool for the flames to be black. When I went to use the ability I had equipped the color of it just changed into white. Why is that? can anyone explain this to me please. and if it's possible DE if you can let powers actually be black when the color is changed to that.  I should add that greys also do not work either that should also be explained

Thank you for your time.

Edited by mac101099

I believe Steve mentioned this in a live stream pretty much saying they are keeping it the way it is for the most part, and that like Khaos_Zand3r said it's pretty much a light, not really that color.

I tried making my abilities black too but ran into the same thing, oh well! 

Energy colours are additive, the darker a colour is the lower the number for it is. Black is as dark as you can get and you can't add 000 to 000 so you get nothing.

I think that is how it works, has been so long since I explained it I might be off but...yeah.

Whenever you post something, I always think it's something angry or irritated and that the italics are emphasizing it.

Annoys me a bit when I find that this isn't the case.

OT: The darker the energy colour, the less light the energy gives. You can't go with negative light; the darkest of blacks will only cause your energy to become, for the most part, invisible.

It can be used to your advantage, though. On Ignis, for example, the darkness of the blue that you picked is the difference between shooting blue flames and freezie clouds.

Energy colours are additive, the darker a colour is the lower the number for it is. Black is as dark as you can get and you can't add 000 to 000 so you get nothing.

I think that is how it works, has been so long since I explained it I might be off but...yeah.

^This is correct. 

Whenever you post something, I always think it's something angry or irritated and that the italics are emphasizing it.

Annoys me a bit when I find that this isn't the case.

just cause I use italics doesn't mean I'm posting something angry. I never post any "angry" comments I usually have no complaints at all about this game. Also my posts have usually been about ideas i've had that i think would be cool

just cause I use italics doesn't mean I'm posting something angry. I never post any "angry" comments I usually have no complaints at all about this game. Also my posts have usually been about ideas i've had that i think would be cool

I realize that. It's just that it's going against what italics are generally used for-- emphasis. Seeing them used this way annoys me even more than those who post in obnoxiously bright colors for no discernible reason. XP

I realize that. It's just that it's going against what italics are generally used for-- emphasis. Seeing them used this way annoys me even more than those who post in obnoxiously bright colors for no discernible reason. XP

i can agree about the color thing but i really dont care how people feel about how i use italics so if you follow anything i do then your going to have to deal with it sorry

This isn't 100% correct. If you put the blackest black (Smoke) on the Embolist, it actually shoots a black smoke. Almost like a shadow. Not sure if this will ever apply to other weapons and I'm not too sure about what other weapons have a similar effect (maybe torid if I remember correctly), but the coding is definitely there.

This isn't 100% correct. If you put the blackest black (Smoke) on the Embolist, it actually shoots a black smoke. Almost like a shadow. Not sure if this will ever apply to other weapons and I'm not too sure about what other weapons have a similar effect (maybe torid if I remember correctly), but the coding is definitely there.

I wish it did. Smoky Black Vortex =win