Jump to content
Albi07

My feedback based on 1,789 hours of gameplay.

Recommended Posts

Hi. My name is Albi. I've been playing Warframe almost from the very beginning, when only a few thousand people played it online. I play with long breaks and I wasn't really focused on leveling up everything in the game. However, I have a 24 mastery rank and have already become familiar with all Warframe mechanics. I will try to describe what caused me a problem or irritated me during the game. I will describe exactly where in my opinion the problem is and give some suggestions on how it could change. I would like to address this feedback mainly to the developers of the game, because I do not believe that most people will want to read so much text, but comments are welcome and I am happy to discuss.

Missions
Warframe missions are very boring. I have always enjoyed creating new characters, weapons and testing various builds on them. But repeating different mission archetypes that look identical on every planet has never been something that prompted me to keep playing. In my opinion, each mission (although the smallest one) should have a storyline. Let me know that I am going to catch a target or defend a target that plays a part in this universe. While defending the capsule by several or several dozen waves of enemies, I do not feel the atmosphere of this game. I'm just doing it for the rewards. It should not be like this.
There are various camps, dungeons and hidden places in open locations like Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon. Despite this, there are maybe 5 missions in each open location. They just take place only in diffferent places. In my opinion, such large open spaces deserve more missions that would give NPCs in the city. There are quite a few camps or mines that I wouldn't know about if it wasn't for the achievements.

Mods and mod upgrades
- There are legendary versions of some mods in the game. However, not for every type of weapon we can get similar legendary mods. I have always hated this idea, because this way, weapons to which it pays to put this one legendary mod (for example Primed Charged Shell) are more used than those that focus on elements other than electricity. Since there are legendary mods for all types of weapons and for all types of enemies like for example Primed Cleanse Corrupted / Primed Smite Corrupted / Primed Bane of Corrupted and Primed Expel Corrupted (And almost no one uses it!!), it should be the same with elemental mods.
- Rivens give a large boost to weapon damage and are a very nice addition to the build, as the player then has more freedom to build weapons in their own way. However, there aren't many options to get it. In fact, you can only get them as one of the Sortie rewards. Several types can be purchased from some NPCs, but not to all weapons. In my opinion, a separate weekly quest would be a better solution that would allow a 100% chance of getting riven for a specific weapon type chosen by the player. A lot of my friends don't want to do Sortie, because it's usually 20-25 minutes, and the reward is usually Ayatan Anasa Sculpture..
-
Many mods are very useless and no one uses them. You should consider a rework or upgrade their stats to make it worth wearing. I'd love to see some new mods in upcoming updates as well. For example hybrid mods like Elemental damage / Crit chance or Damage / Crit Damage. Or more interesting Amalgam mods.

Rewards
- Lots of missions where you have to spend a lot of time to get to some C rotation for example - offers nothing to compensate for the time spent on this mission. Even if there is something interesting, the chance is 1 or 2%. In my opinion, as the level of opponents increases, the chance of getting the rarest items should increase. And for reaching a wave (e.g. 100?) Some poster or a statuette. The same for reaching the maximum enemy level.
Surely, many players would like to do it, if there was a unique reward for it. I reached the maximum level of 2000 and unfortunately I couldn't get any further, because our host was disconnected for a second and while loading the screen, our target, which we defended, died in 2 seconds. But that's another topic.
-
In the index, I should be able to find rewards that can drop from scanned chests or opponents. Instead, I have to open my browser and search for such information on fan sites.

Bosses
There is always a boss on every planet, but the fight is not too complicated.
Councilor Vay Hek is one of the bosses that are designed in an interesting way. Combat has several phases, each with a specific tactic. However, most of the bosses in Warframe are simply damage sponges that can be killed very quickly with good gear. If the fight with each of them looked a bit like the fight with the Eidolons (shooting off certain parts of the body, doing some side things to unlock the next phase) surely boss fights would be more challenging and interesting.

Warframes and their abilities
I've never liked the fact that despite having 4 abilities, most of the time you mostly use ultimates, or a maximum of two. A character that is very well balanced in this case is e.g. Ivara. She has a lot of tools for going from point to point, dealing damage and avoiding enemies.
She can even take them out from a distance without being detected using her "Navigator" ability. But not every Warframe can be talked about in superlatives. Grendel, Zephyr or Ash are virtually unplayable Warframes. If Inaros hadn't had such a large HP pool, nobody would have played it either. All I want to say, is that many warframes really need a rework. With such a rework, you should focus on giving the warframe as many tools as possible to diversify the game with it.

Melee combat
In many periods of the game,
the "meta" has changed several times. Even so, there is still a combo system that nobody uses. The problem is that before I can do this combo, it is likely that my enemy will die from some other player's area of effect attack, or I will kill him faster by clicking "E". Keeping pressing the "e" button is boring, but repeating the same button combinations over and over again and keeping an eye on their order is even more tiring and even irritating. I don't know why no one has yet come up with the idea that stances should give unique attacking skills with weapons, instead of unique combos that no one using. My idea would be to add a separate energy pool that regenerates quickly and can be used for unique attacks depending on the stance. Charge forwards, "Whirlwind" attack, blade throwing, jump with attack etc.
There would be plenty of ideas and stances would finally make a difference.

Hard mode and other "endgame" encounters
- Hard mode does not change anything except the level of enemies and their armor. Apart from the new essence, it gives nothing that would give a reason to repeat it. In my opinion, the experience for these upgraded units should also be improved by 250%. Same as regular loot. There should be some weapons or gear in the prize pool for these new essences. In any case, the prizes are few and unattractive.
- Nightmare missions should also appear on Hard Mode in a more difficult version.
- Sortie should offer more interesting rewards or there should be fewer of them, because only riven mods count at a later stage of the game.

Other insights
- Clem daily mission should give player more than just Clem clone, otherwise 10 minutes are lost.
- Bugs with joining parties have been around for a long time and should be fixed a long time ago.
-
Primary and secondary weapons should be able to match the melee weapons when fighting against endgame enemies.
-
Railjack missions should have more interesting hidden "rifts" to explore, when we fly to the destination.
- Umbra forma is too rare in my opinion
- Steam skins should also be available for platinum
- Conclave does not encourage you to play.
There are no PvP seasons or interesting rewards (or at least that's what I know about it).


And that was it. If I didn't mention something, it means I like it and I have no objections to it. The game is very addictive and for some reason I'm still leveling up my account. Hope for more fun and challanging story content in the future, not just more stuff to grind. We all grind together, right? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-08-01 at 2:06 PM, Albi07 said:

Grendel, Zephyr or Ash are virtually unplayable Warframes.

I do agree to a certain extent, Ash doesn`t need a rework just a revisit. I have put up a post showing Ash`s issues and the way to fix them tell me what you think of it and if this is well balanced.

 

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with all too much of this but I have a feeling that like usual, we won't get so many of these QoL improvements from DE any time soon. Let's hope, though! "We all grind together" lmao so true, that's Choreframe for you!

Edited by Novashank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

I have a 24 mastery rank, 1,789 hours of gameplay

OK.  I have max MR and 7k hours of gameplay, what's your point?  Your points need to stand on their own.  A new player can have valuable insight.  They are less likely to than a more experienced player, but that also doesn't mean there aren't total idiots at max MR either.  Having Max MR and X hours means you leveled up weapons and spent X hours playing.  It says nothing of the quality of your analysis or problem solving ability.  Granted, you don't get to be max MR in most cases without learning a little something along the way, but that's more a given reasonable concession than a point to be made.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

Warframe missions are very boring.

Yeah, no joke.  Most things you do for 2000 hours get boring.  Everyone wants more content and new game modes and stuff to do.  Yes we have legit gripes that 2019 was by far the worst ever year of modern warframe releases and suffered immense content drought and that is a problem.  This year however, since April (since they were scrambling to fix 2019 releases in first quarter) they have been very consistently putting out quality content at a reasonable pace (not amazing and mind blowing, but it's been consistently "good").  I want to say I don't disagree with you that missions get boring, but that this is a natural byproduct and it's kind hard to take seriously when you haven't put in the time to master all the aspects of the game, meaning, you haven't explored it to the fullest.  I would dare to say you have tons more to do in this game than I do, and I have plenty to do.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

There are legendary versions of some mods in the game. However, not for every type of weapon

Legendary mods are balanced around weapon type (primary, secondary, melee, arch, etc.)  All of these things have legendary mods.  I have no idea what you are talking about.
If you are saying not all things are perfectly balanced and that least to lack of diversity, yeah, that's going to happen, that's why they shift the meta every three months.  Besides players don't actually want things in perfect balance anyway, they just think they do.  What they really don't want is for metas to develop that are SUPER OP that are out of their grasp, but that's going to happen to casual players when someone people play this game as a literal job.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Rivens give a large boost to weapon damage and are a very nice addition to the build, as the player then has more freedom to build weapons in their own way. However, there aren't many options to get it.

disagree that they aren't plentiful. 
1) sorties
2) riven slivers that guarantee 1 per week if you play even a little.
3) The most important one: You can purchase with premium currency that you can earn in game.   This means you can have as many rivens as you want.

If you don't know how to earn plat efficiently that's more about you than it is about the game.  The opportunity is there.  Players can ethically earn 100p a day starting at MR 6 (because it takes about 6 trades to earn that much), and at max MR I can trade 1000p on a bad day, 4k on a good day and all while being ethical and not including riven sales.

Simply put this is a poorly constructed argument.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Many mods are very useless and no one uses them. You should consider a rework or upgrade their stats to make it worth wearing.

Yes and no.  Some mods simply can't achieve the same kind of usability, the question is more "is there a viable use case for this and does it do the intended job" is more the question.

People crapped on status damage reduction mods for the longest time... till steel path was a thing and they found their old builds getting 1 shot by toxic ancients... and then they didn't actually use that mod, they just complained and got defensive when it was pointed out that A) others were able to complete SP in the first 24 hours of launch B) there is a specific mod of that they probably have at least 10 copies of, and if not they can get one for like 1p.

I don't disagree that some mods could/should be looked at, but the reasoning why they should be looked at has to be because there is no good use case for it beyond being a "filler mod" to clutter the tables, and even then, that's a viable reason as far as DE is concerned, and as a player, you can just consider that an endo/credit drop.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Lots of missions where you have to spend a lot of time to get to some C rotation for example - offers nothing to compensate for the time spent on this mission. Even if there is something interesting, the chance is 1 or 2%.

that's on purpose and isn't going to change, sorry.  Play more if you want more chances to get the best loot.  This is a free to play game.  The INTENTION is to rub you raw with artificially padded grindwall and timegating so you buy premium currency to bypass it.  It's never going to play like a $60 45 hour runtime game.  Altering your expectations is best.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

I should be able to find rewards that can drop from scanned chests or opponents. Instead, I have to open my browser and search for such information on fan sites.

People have been complaining about the new player experience for a long time.  DE also has notoriously bad UX and UI and could benefit from hiring a legit professional in that department, or if they have, listening to that person.  That said, the new user experience overhaul is scheduled for the end of the month and it's likely many upgrades will be in there.  I doubt it will be this extensive but lets see what they do before crapping on it, yeah?  They've known this is a problem and I promise that working on it is a REAL priority for them, why? Because if they make the new user experience easier more people stick with the game, more players means more dollars.  It's just good business.  I doubt the new player experience will be "that much of an improvement" but, lets see before we throw stones, yeah?

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

There is always a boss on every planet, but the fight is not too complicated.

Everyone:  "DE, we want more boss fights and reworks of old ones"
DE:  "Here are several reworks of bosses and some new upcoming boss enemies later this month!"
You: "DE, I want more boss fights and reworks of old ones"
DE: 😕 
They are workin on it yo.  I feel you, you want it done 4 years ago.  We all did, and last year was indeed a mess and they were and still are, and rightly so, being raked across the coals and suffering for it.  They are however, diligently turning out content this year and working to right the ship.  Give credit where credit is due.  I'm not white knighting or saying they are a perfect company, far from it, but like... pump the hate breaks a little on this one, Thanos.  They are doing what they can.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

I've never liked the fact that despite having 4 abilities, most of the time you mostly use ultimates, or a maximum of two.

This speaks about your playstyle and not the game.  I rarely use abilities at all, no need, cast animations are often a waste of time in most missions with exceptions of course that exist.
If a certain warframe doesn't speak to you, try a different one, or try building and playing that frame different.

Simply put there are tons of frames to choose from.  Because of the diverstiy not all are going to resonate with you personally and that "should" be expected.  I hate saying should, but it's more than reasonable.  Play the frames you like.  All of them are viable for all content in the game.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

All I want to say, is that many warframes really need a rework.

This is probably the least true thing I've seen.  This is not warframe 2015 with massive gaps between frames.  yes, some frames are better suited to certain tasks, but all Frames are viable now.  none of the frames are overkill s tier anymore, and I would all frames are A or B tier, and you might be able to argue, maybe some are C tier.  In no case is a frame D or F tier.  If all Frames are viable, that means it's about player choice, as it should be.   If you want different kinds of play, change up your play style.  If you want to earn rewards as efficiently as possible, than play the strict meta.  But the important thing is that this is YOUR choice, not mandated.  No frames "desperately" need a rework at this time.  could any of them use some tweaks?  Sure.  But is it a crippling priority?  No.  I have to say I honestly think this is you speaking from a lack of knowledge.  By your own admission you take long breaks and don't have that many hours in the game.  I'm willing to bet you don't have 5 forma on every single frame and have tested out all of their various meta builds and abilities in the last month and more likely, some frames have been collecting dust for many months or even years.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

there is still a combo system that nobody uses.

i would strongly disagree with this.
Your idea is still a nice one and all (with merits and flaws), but statement this is far from true.
Go spend some time doing over 2 hours in arbitration with the meta endurance runners.  You'll see combos.  You'll also see spin and melee/heavy spam.  Combos are relevant though, just not in most content.  The reason for this is because most players are super casual and can't be bothered to learn the combos for a stance, not that the stance is bad.  If DE instead mandated the combo system it would make the player base frustrated.  Instead they made the smarter move of incentivising it at certain advanced levels of play.

 

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Hard mode does not change anything except the level of enemies and their armor. Apart from the new essence, it gives nothing that would give a reason to repeat it. In my opinion, the experience for these upgraded units should also be improved by 250%. Same as regular loot. There should be some weapons or gear in the prize pool for these new essences. In any case, the prizes are few and unattractive.

Yeah, that's exactly what they said it would do.  Yes we all wanted new and unique enemies and special abilities on them and such.  No they have not invested in that as of yet.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

In any case, the prizes are few and unattractive.

This is by design.  Much like how arbitrations get updated once every 1000 years or so, expect this probably will too.
The goal is to not increase the gap between casual and advanced players, that's bad game design.  This is why this shouldn't be chock full o rewards.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Nightmare missions should also appear on Hard Mode in a more difficult version.

Everyone wants more hard mode.  This is probably in the pipe somewhere but DE learned not to talk about stuff 2 years away After last year.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Sortie should offer more interesting rewards or there should be fewer of them, because only riven mods count at a later stage of the game.

This is a lie.  This is an opinion stated as a Fact.  I find plenty of value with anasas and endo drops.  because you don't has to do with your experience level and not managing your inventory effectively.  People also complain about boosters like it's bad, also not a bad reward.  The problem isn't that the reward has no value, it's that you don't understand the value of the reward.
This is why new players are always complaining about earning plat.  They don't understand the value of the tools they have and what they are earning.
But as always, ignorance to the fact doesn't make it a bad design.  Additionally DE while being the most ethical f2p, does still have vested interest in "letting players figure it out" and not handing them the solutions because that encourages plat sales, which are never needed EVER, and the only reason someone might think they are is because they are ignorant about many aspects of the game.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Clem daily mission should give player more than just Clem clone, otherwise 10 minutes are lost.

it's weekly, not daily.  5 clem clones are useful, again, this is an ignorance issue.  Don't tell me how you already have so many of them either.  I guarantee that there is a strong chance I have more of them.

You also could, you know, not play it.  You have the option to choose how you spend your time in the game.  Unlike 3 years ago there is now enough activities going on that there is always a choice in how you spend your time and always something to do that is rewarding, and again, that's a strength.  providing choice empowers the player.  The weakness is that not all players will understand or recognize that value, especially when presented with so many options.  Again, the greatest strength of warframe is also one of it's biggest weaknesses "You can play however you want".

The reason it's a weakness though, is less about the game and more about the player.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Bugs with joining parties have been around for a long time and should be fixed a long time ago.

This sounds like a bad faith argument.  I'm fairly certain that if it was just a light switch to flip issue, change a 0 to a 1 somewhere and it's fixed, it would already be done.
If you are so incredibly talented at coding an MMO you can always apply there as a bug fixer though.  Or you can accept that this is clearly a priority for them and they have a vested interest in having players have an enjoyable experience.

I hate to say it but scott was very correct (paraphrased), some people actually think DE is out to get them, and that's not the case.  They actually want the game to be enjoyable and fun and that you choose to support it because you want to.  This is reflective in all their broad strokes of design.  Do they get it wrong?  Even a lot?  And make giant mistakes sometimes... sometimes even many times in a row?  Sure.  But to say that they are doing it on purpose (which is what you'd be implying) is just ludicrous to me.  I get that it can "feel" that way at times, but that's just not an argument from good faith.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Primary and secondary weapons should be able to match the melee weapons when fighting against endgame enemies.

1) your assumption is wrong that they don't, as many use cases prefer a range weapon.  You put the tool into the job.
2) they absolutely should not.  The point of the melee working at a greater pace is to force engagement and reward the player with greater risk taking.

I strongly oppose this sentiment for literally all the game design reasons.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Railjack missions should have more interesting hidden "rifts" to explore, when we fly to the destination.

So what you're saying is "DE should produce more content faster!"  OK.  No player disagrees with that, we all want more MORE (unless you're brand new and still overwhelmed by the game).  There is this thing called quality of life and sleep and such though.  DE is not a mom and pop shop, but they aren't a huge AAA studio either, and last year they certainly F'd the dog to death on content releases... but again, this year, far better track record on releases, give credit where credit is due.  This year doesn't make up for last years failures, but it does show they are doing what they can to right the ship.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Umbra forma is too rare in my opinion

It's also an entirely unnecessary mechanic for all content in the game.  I hear you, we all want more rewards.  Do we NEED them though?  Honestly until there is content that requires umbral builds in the game (which SP does not) then this is a non issue, you want it, you don't need it.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Steam skins should also be available for platinum

This is a complex issue.

Console players can only pay plat for them.

PC players have to pay cash.  The concept is that they pay cash to the content creators, so that cash has to come from somewhere, and plat sales aren't proffit, they are an escro account.  That play isn't profit until it's removed from the game.

I agree with the notion of "if console can have it why can't we!?!?" but you could say the same about how we on PC get releases before them in most cases.

Much like the release thing, I can only imagine this has something to do with it being a complex issue with many moving parts to it.

Clarification from DE would be nice, but I also don't consider this a top priority, mainly because it's a skin yo.  You don't need it you just want it.  At a certain point you gotta check that privilage.  yes, you're a paying customer and you want what you want, but you can't go into a diner and demand they seat you at a military tank rather than a booth or table.  

I would like to think if they could make this a bit more user friendly in a way that wasn't a problem for them or content creators or various platform contracts, they would.

That said you can take that up with the tennogen division head.

On 2020-08-01 at 8:06 AM, Albi07 said:

- Conclave does not encourage you to play. There are no PvP seasons or interesting rewards (or at least that's what I know about it).


Yeah, and mirage deluxe and hydroid prime trailer (even though we have to bury the latter meme).

DE has vested interest in PVP not being a crapfest.  It should be better.  it isn't.  They've chosen to ignore it to improve other aeas of the game, I'm betting someone has this working somewhere to overhaul it and make it suck a little less, but it's also not a huge priority.  Should it be better?  yeah.  Should it have been done years ago?  Also yeah.

Much like mirage deluxe and hydroid prime trailer, some things get deprioritized to the point where it's ridiculous.  It's not a great look, but it's not like they don't know either.











 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-08-01 at 9:06 AM, Albi07 said:

Hi. My name is Albi. I've been playing Warframe almost from the very beginning, when only a few thousand people played it online. I play with long breaks and I wasn't really focused on leveling up everything in the game. However, I have a 24 mastery rank and have already become familiar with all Warframe mechanics. I will try to describe what caused me a problem or irritated me during the game. I will describe exactly where in my opinion the problem is and give some suggestions on how it could change. I would like to address this feedback mainly to the developers of the game, because I do not believe that most people will want to read so much text, but comments are welcome and I am happy to discuss.

Missions
Warframe missions are very boring. I have always enjoyed creating new characters, weapons and testing various builds on them. But repeating different mission archetypes that look identical on every planet has never been something that prompted me to keep playing. In my opinion, each mission (although the smallest one) should have a storyline. Let me know that I am going to catch a target or defend a target that plays a part in this universe. While defending the capsule by several or several dozen waves of enemies, I do not feel the atmosphere of this game. I'm just doing it for the rewards. It should not be like this.
There are various camps, dungeons and hidden places in open locations like Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon. Despite this, there are maybe 5 missions in each open location. They just take place only in diffferent places. In my opinion, such large open spaces deserve more missions that would give NPCs in the city. There are quite a few camps or mines that I wouldn't know about if it wasn't for the achievements.

Mods and mod upgrades
- There are legendary versions of some mods in the game. However, not for every type of weapon we can get similar legendary mods. I have always hated this idea, because this way, weapons to which it pays to put this one legendary mod (for example Primed Charged Shell) are more used than those that focus on elements other than electricity. Since there are legendary mods for all types of weapons and for all types of enemies like for example Primed Cleanse Corrupted / Primed Smite Corrupted / Primed Bane of Corrupted and Primed Expel Corrupted (And almost no one uses it!!), it should be the same with elemental mods.
- Rivens give a large boost to weapon damage and are a very nice addition to the build, as the player then has more freedom to build weapons in their own way. However, there aren't many options to get it. In fact, you can only get them as one of the Sortie rewards. Several types can be purchased from some NPCs, but not to all weapons. In my opinion, a separate weekly quest would be a better solution that would allow a 100% chance of getting riven for a specific weapon type chosen by the player. A lot of my friends don't want to do Sortie, because it's usually 20-25 minutes, and the reward is usually Ayatan Anasa Sculpture..
-
Many mods are very useless and no one uses them. You should consider a rework or upgrade their stats to make it worth wearing. I'd love to see some new mods in upcoming updates as well. For example hybrid mods like Elemental damage / Crit chance or Damage / Crit Damage. Or more interesting Amalgam mods.

Rewards
- Lots of missions where you have to spend a lot of time to get to some C rotation for example - offers nothing to compensate for the time spent on this mission. Even if there is something interesting, the chance is 1 or 2%. In my opinion, as the level of opponents increases, the chance of getting the rarest items should increase. And for reaching a wave (e.g. 100?) Some poster or a statuette. The same for reaching the maximum enemy level.
Surely, many players would like to do it, if there was a unique reward for it. I reached the maximum level of 2000 and unfortunately I couldn't get any further, because our host was disconnected for a second and while loading the screen, our target, which we defended, died in 2 seconds. But that's another topic.
-
In the index, I should be able to find rewards that can drop from scanned chests or opponents. Instead, I have to open my browser and search for such information on fan sites.

Agreed so far, except instead of buffing useless mods I would just get rid of them all together. This game has a problem with mod bloat that can scare away new players and steer them in the wrong direction. 

 

On 2020-08-01 at 9:06 AM, Albi07 said:

Bosses
There is always a boss on every planet, but the fight is not too complicated.
Councilor Vay Hek is one of the bosses that are designed in an interesting way. Combat has several phases, each with a specific tactic. However, most of the bosses in Warframe are simply damage sponges that can be killed very quickly with good gear. If the fight with each of them looked a bit like the fight with the Eidolons (shooting off certain parts of the body, doing some side things to unlock the next phase) surely boss fights would be more challenging and interesting.

 

You're the only one I've seen that prefers the Vay Hek fight over the others. I'm in the small majority that thinks that DE actually designs boss fights very well for a shooter, at least all the bosses post Neptune. Invulnerability phases suck but they're necessary in shooters. The only thing that can make bosses challenging in shooters are mechanics. The perfect example of this is the exploiter fight. I LOVE that fight. It honestly feels like the closest thing to a raid since... raids. My only complaint with boss fights are of course the old bosses that need a facelift and the number of phases. The rule of 3 is a golden rule for a reason, but DE seems to follow the rule of... 5? Its a bit too much for a fight that you'll have to repeat over and over and over....\

 

On 2020-08-01 at 9:06 AM, Albi07 said:

Warframes and their abilities
I've never liked the fact that despite having 4 abilities, most of the time you mostly use ultimates, or a maximum of two. A character that is very well balanced in this case is e.g. Ivara. She has a lot of tools for going from point to point, dealing damage and avoiding enemies.
She can even take them out from a distance without being detected using her "Navigator" ability. But not every Warframe can be talked about in superlatives. Grendel, Zephyr or Ash are virtually unplayable Warframes. If Inaros hadn't had such a large HP pool, nobody would have played it either. All I want to say, is that many warframes really need a rework. With such a rework, you should focus on giving the warframe as many tools as possible to diversify the game with it.

Honestly a lot of warframes have overlooked abilities that people complain about because players don't see their use right away or it isn't obvious. A lot of frames don't need reworks, just someone to show you the synergy you're missing. And with the coming addition of the helminth, this complaint will be mostly fixed. 

On 2020-08-01 at 9:06 AM, Albi07 said:

=Melee combat
In many periods of the game,
the "meta" has changed several times. Even so, there is still a combo system that nobody uses. The problem is that before I can do this combo, it is likely that my enemy will die from some other player's area of effect attack, or I will kill him faster by clicking "E". Keeping pressing the "e" button is boring, but repeating the same button combinations over and over again and keeping an eye on their order is even more tiring and even irritating. I don't know why no one has yet come up with the idea that stances should give unique attacking skills with weapons, instead of unique combos that no one using. My idea would be to add a separate energy pool that regenerates quickly and can be used for unique attacks depending on the stance. Charge forwards, "Whirlwind" attack, blade throwing, jump with attack etc.
There would be plenty of ideas and stances would finally make a difference.

Hard mode and other "endgame" encounters
- Hard mode does not change anything except the level of enemies and their armor. Apart from the new essence, it gives nothing that would give a reason to repeat it. In my opinion, the experience for these upgraded units should also be improved by 250%. Same as regular loot. There should be some weapons or gear in the prize pool for these new essences. In any case, the prizes are few and unattractive.
- Nightmare missions should also appear on Hard Mode in a more difficult version.
- Sortie should offer more interesting rewards or there should be fewer of them, because only riven mods count at a later stage of the game.

Other insights
- Clem daily mission should give player more than just Clem clone, otherwise 10 minutes are lost.
- Bugs with joining parties have been around for a long time and should be fixed a long time ago.
-
Primary and secondary weapons should be able to match the melee weapons when fighting against endgame enemies.
-
Railjack missions should have more interesting hidden "rifts" to explore, when we fly to the destination.
- Umbra forma is too rare in my opinion
- Steam skins should also be available for platinum
- Conclave does not encourage you to play.
There are no PvP seasons or interesting rewards (or at least that's what I know about it).


And that was it. If I didn't mention something, it means I like it and I have no objections to it. The game is very addictive and for some reason I'm still leveling up my account. Hope for more fun and challanging story content in the future, not just more stuff to grind. We all grind together, right? 🙂

Agreed, mostly. I tried complaining once that melee is completely overshadowing primaries and secondaries, but I was drowned out by players that have never really touched challenging content and so they thought I was crazy. I would also leave Clem alone. Right now he's mostly a meme and we don't need another grind in this game. These are some really good points though, I hope someone at DE sees them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...