The Steel Path: Inaros Prime 28.2.1

hace 5 horas, Xenophil dijo:

Aw, no maggor leg armor fix for Rhino

I'm on board with this. Right leg? It's positioned weirdly on most frames from what I've seen so far.

PLEASE DE don't nerf virtuos shadow, eidolon hunting is the ONLY reason why I still play this game after so many years

Edited by Vambow
  • Like 4

I was really hoping to see a fix for the pulse turbine bug that's made me swear off railjack missions until it's fixed.  Some of the doors in the pulse turbine aren't working and it makes the mission impossible to complete with no workaround, and has happened to me three times in the last few days.  I hope a fix is being worked on, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who considers having a decent chance of an impossible to complete objective a deal-breaker for railjack.

MF9jtaO.jpg

• Like 1

DE, let's talk about your presentation, and what we've seen thus far.  I'm going to start with the negative, and finish with the positive.  The mentality here is to highlight what is wrong, and follow with the longer list of what was right.

Let's talk about the Helminth chair, and the resources.  You've shown us the WoW resource and XP grind shenanigans are what you are planning on, and it isn't appreciated.  For those missing what it is I'm talking about, let's review.  WoW had a daily limit on XP, to prevent grinding.  People lost their crap.  They re-implemented it as an "xp boost" that wore off, but made the default rate as low as the penalty, and people said it was good.  No, we can do math here.  The "bonus in resources if you haven't fed it to the mouth in some time" is that garbage, and it's not something that we're going to be stupid enough to fall for.

Zephyr Deluxe.  I just can't understand.  You had a design years ago...then lost it.  Then showed it resurrected on some of your streams.  Now you're showing something completely different.  I know my frame of choice is not favored, and I get it after Gara and Khora have deluxes and Zephyr Prime is already vaulted.  Come on though.

3 and a half weeks for Heart of Deimos.  It's been demonstrated to be another content island, and the third orb mother still hasn't released more than 18 months later.  I was wrong in assuming that you'd not broach another open world after the lackluster showing on the last two, but really?  Somebody really must like ctrl+c and ctrl+v over there.  

Bug fixing.  You recently patched the game, and broke more of Fortuna.  In the South-western most area of the map there is a lake with a crashed corpus dropship in it.  Previously a rope could be hopped on, and you could walk out to the crash to fish.  The rope is now not a rope, and the collision on the crashed ship doesn't exist.  That's right, you can jump through the ship into the coolant lake.  Combine that with the 4+ areas where stuff can spawn outside of the map on the corpus ship tileset, that hasn't been fixed 3+ months later, and the focus on another content island of open world is insulting.

Can you guys stop releasing weapons that are almost as good as the stuff already in the game?  Arcane Pistoleer gives you a visual indication of duration, and upon a headshot gives you the ability to not consume ammo for that duration.  The drop weapon.....has the same thing but no visual indication.  You have to listen for the sound, and fire rate increase, and have no idea when the thing has started or run out until your ammo counter starts to drop.  That's an issue when the gun has a 24-48 ammo pool and anything above level 30 can tank 2-4 shots to the face quite easily.  It's even more tricky with a 50 accuracy, when those headshots basically require near melee range....and melee is orders of magnitude better.  This is not something that I'm investing in, because it's basically arcane pistoleer but with a mediocre gun.

The positive list is longer, but I have less to add.  

You have a promise date, and a release on all platforms.  Hopefully the Heart of Deimos is the first good release of this year.

Tennocon showed off actual assets, without promising the moon.  It's not exciting in the same way as the railjack reveal, but it's great not to be angry when almost two years later that isn't anywhere near what we got.

Finally delivering on Hydroid Prime trailer....three years after introduction and one after it was vaulted.  I'm glad you've delivered, but there's a stack of about 12 awaiting something.  It's good to put the meme to bed, but it would have been nice to also mention that no future primes will be getting a cinematic too.

The rewards, barring Hydroid Prime, actually worked this year.  It was nice.  I would say that the pistol has a lot of issues, but it was fun.

The 10+ days of boosted affinity is nice.  It's weird, but nice considering.

The Twitch Prime bonus is a drop+drop chance booster...and the new world area opens within its release window.  Hopefully this will ease the new resource grind for Deimos...please don't make me regret that optimism.

Let's talk new player experience.  It's nice that you've only shown a cinematic and in-game renders.  It's hard to believe that it won't be jarring one you get to standard missions....but at least the on-boarding should get better.

Overall, I'm not hyped.  I'm also not disappointed.  As far as I'm concerned that's a success.  Given how poorly the past few conventions have reflected actual content release, it's nice to maybe think that this will be different.  We'll see in four weeks.  I'm not hoping for anything, but it'd be nice to not have to be done with this game.

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 5
15 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Fixes:

• Fixed a script error when casting Nekros’ Shadows Of The Dead ability.

98621673C318CEF18323D0A079074E0D24F62CFCCEC3359F1617D743D9C15F9C3D26FE255B68C1494B6DDF10CA69AAEA24880198785C11A4DB200B80Not fix this one... shadows of the dead still not re-positioned when recasting. Only using the 100 energy, without any shadow follow.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Fixed Lotus VO appearing in the Deadlock Protocol Quest when it shouldn’t. 

Thank you for this. The lore enthusiasts are now at peace

:cool:

2 hours ago, outseeker said:

any idea why bait and dye items are just falling straight through the world in orb valis? nightwave wanted rare feesh and it was quite a challenge lol

I think this is a longstanding bug. Cannot remember the earliest report I could find, but there was definitely something in 2019.

21 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:
  • Fixed incorrect Riven Dispositions for Panthera Prime and Karyst Prime.
  • They are both at the correct Riven Disposition of 0.5.

this is absolutely disgusting, this has been in the game for multiple weeks, id bet its to sell prime access. I 100% regret giving money to this company.

And they are doing it again with the tennocon drop!!

Edited by Grim_ReeperS117_2
  • Like 1
15 часов назад, Vambow сказал:

PLEASE DE don't nerf virtuos shadow, eidolon hunting is the ONLY reason why I still play this game after so many years

++++++

• Like 1

DE why, I played with ps4 controller and ds4 all was working perfectly but with this fix i got so many problem ( camera moving alone, can't scroll properly in the arsenal, X button not working and need to restart DS4, can't use the touchpad anymore) undo that change please

Day 2 after the virtuos shadow nerf/bug. And still no fix. DE, please give us a reason for doing this. I know it might not be a huge issue for a squad of 4 to do 5x3, but it's SUPER frustrating for someone who can only do 5x3/4x3 in a squad of 2. (Yes, not everyone has so many friends who hunt eidolons regularly).   You can't just nerf whatever you want when seeing players getting the jobs done with less people. If you hate seeing people in a squad of 2 hunting eidolons, why not just force them to form a complete team before they even leave Cetus?   Also, based on the description on warframe wiki, "Virtuos Shadow is an Arcane Enhancement for Operator Amps that grants a chance to increase Critical Chance on headshots." And, the description for blazing dash in Madurai says "void dash leaves a trail of fire that deals 1000 damage/s over 14sec". How's is dealing damage to eidolon's head not a headshot? ?

Edited by Vambow
  • Like 2
5 часов назад, Tsmitter сказал:

Virtuos Fury n Virtuos Shadow no longer Prox on Eidolons. Seem the Operator's Void Dashes no longer works on Eidolons

...and Virtuos Ghost R.I.P.

11 hours ago, outseeker said:

any idea why bait and dye items are just falling straight through the world in orb valis? nightwave wanted rare feesh and it was quite a challenge lol

They seem to have a lot of bugs with collision detection and fishing recently.

As an aside, the longest period seems to be cold.  Fly South-Southwest from Fortuna, until you hit a lake with a crashed dropship inside of it.  There's a small platform on the lake, with a non-hostile NPC on it.  Jump out to this platform, but don't jump on the dropship (they screwed up the collision detection on it, and you'll fall right through).  If you've got a Oxylus and the scan aquatic lifeforms mod you'll be able to see the fish.  I believe it's the Tromyzon's that are here, they're the long rare fish.  It's easy to catch 6 in a single cold period if there's any spawning activity (hot spots) nearby, no bait or dyes/pheroma needed.  It's not a solution, but it will provide you an "easy" way to get the nightwave event completed.

Otherwise, yeah.  DE has been breaking a lot of stuff.  2019 and 2020 are not good years for content, and the Deimos hype being used to hide some nerfs for bugs they haven't addressed in literal years is insulting.  Well, I guess this means the Eidolon hunting is simply going to be ignored again, once people get their arcanes.  Too bad about the 5% drop rates and time gating.  You know, the mechanics that artificially increase engagement without actually adding content.  Now we need 21 drops for a complete arcane that's not something to be unhappy about.....

• Like 2
  • [DE]Megan locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic