Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Inaros Prime 28.2.1

[DE]Drew

Am 1.8.2020 um 15:58 schrieb [DE]Drew:

Optimizations:

• Made some micro--optimizations to rendering performance.

Related to this "optimization" ?

Am 24.6.2020 um 22:35 schrieb [DE]Bear:

Hey Tenno,

With this last update, we wanted to explain a change that was made in more detail:

We have retired some older (2008) 8-Bit rendering technology with this latest Hotfix, mostly because it provided little in regards to performance increases, but added a lot of detriment. This means that using Autoexposure and HDR settings are the way forward from now on.

This means that some of you using the old technology may have lowered your brightness settings to compensate for the light, and so the game seems abnormally dark. If you are seeing this issue, please go to your Display settings and reset your brightness to match the new setup.

Apologies for the confusion this may have caused!

----------------------------------------------------

Edit: @DasarelRP They are continuously fixing stuff that ain't broken (or fix a thing and break something entirely else) and noone understands it. I hope you'll get your function back, all I wanted to say is, you are not alone in the "why u fix this?" situation.

So, was nerfing Virtuos Shadow from procing by void dashing eidolon head a "FIX" in this hotfix?? So void dashing into enemies and hitting them apparently not a non damaging attack? then why bother with so many school perks that focus or change on how it reacts to when it hits an enemy?? why not "FIX" those too?!?!

I  also have a problem with the Xbox one controller on PC.

cant go in scope or shooting, the LT and RT Buttons working wrong.

I  have testing some things, load settings to default and other thinks. i mean its a problem with the high FPS, before this update i playerd FPS unlimited, no vsync (RTX 2080 nvidia) without any problems. 

after this update i musst set max.(limited) frames  to 144, the same as my monitor 144Hz  / 144PFS. Now it works !!

Seriously DE you have a mission timer on the Steel Path Ropalolyst fight, some of us grumpy ole codgers, well myself would like to take Steel Path at my own pace, 10 planets done soon to be 11.

I'm doing it solo I was at the halfway mark of the third stage doing the last tower taking off Ropalolyst shield to crash it back into the last tower and I get a message onscreen saying Mission Failure Imminent. Eliminate Remaining Targets!  I was in there solo for 30 minutes I would have finished that mission and beaten the Ropalolyst I was winning the fight PLEASE REMOVE THE TIMER ON THAT FIGHT!

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Seriously DE you have a mission timer on the Steel Path Ropalolyst fight, some of us grumpy ole codgers, well myself would like to take Steel Path at my own pace, 10 planets done soon to be 11.

I'm doing it solo I was at the halfway mark of the third stage doing the last tower taking off Ropalolyst shield to crash it back into the last tower and I get a message onscreen saying Mission Failure Imminent. Eliminate Remaining Targets!  I was in there solo for 30 minutes I would have finished that mission and beaten the Ropalolyst I was winning the fight PLEASE REMOVE THE TIMER ON THAT FIGHT!

That timer is triggered by not killing an enemy for 15 minutes.

If you can't kill the Ropalolyst right away, kill one of the surrounding Amalgam units or Sentients.

The timer will stop.

38 minutes ago, dimekikko said:

That timer is triggered by not killing an enemy for 15 minutes.

If you can't kill the Loparolist right away, kill one of the surrounding amalgamated units or sentients.

The timer will stop.

Thanks but the problem was no enemies to kill except the Flydolon, though I went back in with a different primary gun and my 277 amp (got to many to pick from) and beat the Steel Path boss in 18 minutes, the amp makes a huge difference. So all good, that's Jupiter finished after I do the survivals and sabotage.

OK DE, when exactly are you going to have Railjack in a state that isn't fundamentally broken?

Let me be blunt, it's a double affinity week.  That's a great excuse to break out the ship, and grind those last few intrinsics.  Fantastic.  I get into the ship, an discover that despite nine months of updating that railjack is still not working.  Let's cover these things from the top:

1) Bad math.  So, I create a full armaments quantity.  I load up, and do Gian Point.  I craft replacement stuff, do a run of earth, and think that I'll be getting into dry dock with a full inventory.  Nope.  I simply lost a couple of dome charges, and the energy drain seems to not know what numbers to be.  I can only guess that the 2 crafted dome charges are being rounded down to 1 on return to dock, but it really looks more like you have two tracking values for everything.  That is, in mission for resources numbering n, nactual = (roundup(n),0) while when you return ninventory = (round(n),0).  That's bad math there.

2) Deep runs suck.  Try running 3 rounds of Gian Point, and on the third it spawns points of interest (generators, galleons, etc...).  To make the thing work you need to go from one planet to another, and when you do the intermediate mission may error out.  What do I mean?  Try playing Gian Point-Rian Belt-Gian Point.  You get Rian Belt with about 30 fighters normally, but by doing the prescribed pattern you get about 70 fighters to spawn consistently.  The crewship numbers thankfully don't break.  Is this an indication that deep runs (more than 1) are not planned for?  Is the spawning bad?  Well, I'd suggest it's another broken railjack issue.

3) Finish it.  Right now people are hyped for the Tennocon reveals.  I am not.  I want the third orb mother, corpus railjack, and railjack to work.  I'd like you to actually finish things released in 2018.  We don't need another open world grind, we need the stuff you've already pushed out to be bare-bones complete.  Not this one faction three planets garbage.  Please stop releasing the minimum product, and promptly forgetting.  Some of us are still waiting for Fortuna to be done, not drooling over the next time and resource sink.  Yeah, Helminth is interesting but not interesting enough to make me overlook the huge resource costs you're already demonstrating.

I have a lot more to say, but let's leave it here.  Two years for this incomplete half-start of railjack is just frustrating.

-Edit start-

Let me explain my math here.  During a mission you have five dome charges.  You use 6, and two are considered "free" because of an avionic.  Thus you wind up with 1 in your inventory.

5-(6-2) = 1

I then craft.  I craft 2 per session, making a total of 4.  The actual bonus is crafting 50% more, but the game gives you two domes charges.  This is where we're going to use actual versus inventory.

nactual = 1+(2*2) = 5

Now the game as a whole keeps track of crafting sessions, rather than count of crafted.  As such, on mission resolution you start losing the charges.  That calculation, completed at mission end, is:

ninventory = 1+(2*1.5) = 4

In this way, returning to dry dock causes you to magically lose a dome charge.  It's really goofy for longer runs, and might be why we are getting some weird interactions.  This would theoretically allow the return inventory to exist negative.  Let's run 3 rounds of Gian Point, using 18 charges total.  Let's also not factor in the avionic for ease.  I decide to craft only when I'm at 3 or less, so none are wasted.  Let's figure the math out:

nactual = 5 - 18 + (2*9) = 5

ninventory = 5 - 18 + (1.5*9) = 0.5 

The game knows you can't have a negative charge, but when you return to dry dock after 4+ missions it has the tendency to bug out.  It almost seems like that's the point where you can resolve to have a negative number of dome charges, and the game simply decides to bug out. 

I'm having a harder time explaining the energy economy.  It seems like the usage and replenishment there are borked because of the interaction between the Hyperflux avionic and the ship.  Your energy count can be 796, and the game always seems to want to resolve that to a multiple of 50.  Again, I'm only guessing at a borked resolution of the mathematics here.

I'm also seeing some interesting new costing.  A fire costs 25 revolite to patch, and a hull breach suddenly seems to cost 100.  Why?  Well, I patched the two about 3 times, and always dropped from 300 to 175.  It's almost like another silent nerf, that nobody is talking about because the game mode is dead.  Like nobody is dealing with the buggy mess.  I may be projecting, given my predilictions, but I know that if I had maxed out my intrinsics there'd be no reason to go back now.

Hopefully you get it now.  The math sucks, and when we return to drydock everything costs more.  Instead of 2 craftings to get 4 dome charges I need 4.  Instead of 300 energy per two craftings I get 200.  It's not huge numbers, but when you need thousands of resources and magic math is breaking my ability to simply have what I crafted it's a bit more than inconvenience.

The idiot fix here is to change the amount of crafting boosts.  That's right, instead of 50% more you get 100%.  This way, for dome charges, n is going to match.  That would mean more energy, more munitions, and more revolite.  So what?  Bump revolite to 400 in the reserves, keep energy the same, and do nothing to munitions crafting.  You don't fix the basic math issue, but this fixes your issue for the fully upgraded crafting boost. 

So we are clear, this is why I have issues with considering that you play the game.  Basic math issues like this break flow, and make people believe you simply cannot release good content.  It's only good after a dozens patches, so any major release is about two weeks of garbage before stability.  It's not because we are trolls, or hate.  I've spent time trying to understand and replicate a basic mathematical error that should have been apparent months ago.  Despite that, the focus now is on the new hotness.  Another sand box that has 12 green plastic army men, who cannot move past a four inch bubble despite the 10 square feet of sandbox.  The joke was Fallout 4 and the settlement being under attack, but it seems like DE hasn't gotten that joke quite yet.

-Edit end-

DE, please at least do not  DO NOT DESTROY CLAN DOJO MAKING SYSTEM.

Currently, to make the clan greater hall ( the hall needed to make other bigger halls) the requirement is of a GREAT HALL, which is NOT AVAILABLE in the build menu. So the only way to actually expand the build limits of the dojo remaining to us players is using inspiration halls, which do not allow the upgrade to higher halls.

PLEASE, DO NOT BREAK THIS SORT OF SIMPLE SYSTEM WHILE FIXING OTHERS

9 hours ago, Onyx_Iron said:

DE, please at least do not  DO NOT DESTROY CLAN DOJO MAKING SYSTEM.

Currently, to make the clan greater hall ( the hall needed to make other bigger halls) the requirement is of a GREAT HALL, which is NOT AVAILABLE in the build menu. So the only way to actually expand the build limits of the dojo remaining to us players is using inspiration halls, which do not allow the upgrade to higher halls.

PLEASE, DO NOT BREAK THIS SORT OF SIMPLE SYSTEM WHILE FIXING OTHERS

Are you sure you can't make the other halls?  I've been rebuilding my dojo in the last few days, after the latest update had already released, and have been able to build all the halls just fine.  It does list that you need two requirements (Clan Great Hall and Great Hall for that step, I believe), but it's actually only one requirement, as the Clan Great Hall counts as the Great Hall too.  It's silly to list them as two separate requirements, but you should be able to build the Clan Great Hall just fine and continue building the other halls past that once it finishes.

Let's discuss some double standards.  Let's do so, and highlight that DE is not playing reasonably here.  If you actually read this DE, and want to understand, I will explain the fix.

Now, Simaris requires about 250k standing per warframe.  That's 100k for the blue print, and 50k for each part.  Some of us have spent literal months grinding to have all of the parts, because you can earn at most 35-40k standing at MR 29 per day.  That's 30k base and 2-4 simaris targets offering a bonus of 5k-10k.  Doing the math real quick, that's 7 days of grinding for a full set, assuming you actually get 4 scans per day.  

What has DE decided to do?  Well, they announced through other channels that they were going to halve the standing costs.  Let's view that as a good thing for people who are furiously grinding now, but for those of us literally sinking months of time in to build reputation it's a gigantic insult.

What happened the last time something like this occurred?  Let me refresh everyone's memory, it was "universal" standing medallions.  We got them as a vanishingly rare drop, and citing a single tweet DE said that the universal medallions wouldn't be universal.  Maybe this is the point where you can see my frustration.  DE decided that side-stepping the broken conclave system was fine, but the long term simaris grind is not.  Seriously?

So how about that fix.  Admit you screwed up with universal medallion.  Admit that you've gone backwards recently on a lot of stuff, because of the community backlash.  Give us some tokens in other places too.  If you're wondering, here's my list of crap that you released with stupid costing.  I will include those fixed, for fairness.

1. Simaris standing costs are way too high - to be halved in Heart of Deimos per outside announcement from a developer
  2. Universal medallions are not universal - Let us plow these into conclave, instead of citing one tweet
  3. Railjack costs were nuts - already fixed
  4. Moas cost 2 million credits - already fixed
  5. The Hema - decrease research cost.  I researched it, I don't care about the "reward."  I want more people to have access to it.
  6. The Sibear - decrease cryotic costs.  30k at 100 per means a single weapon requires 300 extractors....that is nuts
  7. etc...

-Edit-

Let me add a few more notes on the insanity here.  

Requiring literal millions of points to get your operator skills unlocked.  This is earned at a fraction of affinity, so literal billions of affinity.

Requiring so many kills of the Eidolons, and linking the best loot there to RNG.  A 5% drop, and 21 drops required, is still nuts.

Speaking of arcanes, how are those arbitrations going?  Yeah, another 21 required drop event.  

Braton Vandal.  A thing that will require you to be decently high in mastery rank....to grind for an RNG chance to get a weapon that is not useful by the time you can reasonably grind for it.

Intrinsics.  Release state was garbage rewards, taking months to fix.  Even today, the rewards being on a power function is just silly.  

Nightwave.  The goal here was transparent, drive continuous engagement.  The means are depressing.  Locked level caps, weeks of content being stretched out to months, and the hiding of auras, nitain, and cosmetics behind the wall is making being a new player worse.  For the veterans it's just a daily check list, while the grinders are looking at it and laughing atop their piles of resources that make everything but the few new pieces of content a joke. 

If you still think this is all acceptable, then I have nothing to say.  It's like you're in angry birds, and an advertisement pops up.  You return to the game, and play another 5 minutes.  The screen then goes black, and requires you do an authentification puzzle to prove you're human.  5 more minutes, and you're forced to complete ten word puzzles and a survey to get more play time.  I've spent real money.  I supported you.  I just want to play the game without having to stop and do some innanity.  No, I don't want an RNG grind for toroids.  Yes, I can do a 33% drop mission.  No, a 10% drop rate is not acceptable.  No, a 2% drop rate is insulting. 

I support you selling prime access, some basic features (slot), cosmetics, and even tennogen.  I don't support you pushing people to purchasing with crap drop rates (read: landing crafts with a sub 1% component drop rate), and not with systems claiming to be "player choice."  I didn't buy Fallout 76 after Fallout 4.  I didn't because their season pass was half cosmetics for your bases, and I knew it would be worse with 76.  Warframe is getting to be exactly that.  Liches were a joke.  Railjack is a gigantic resource sink.  Frame part drops have been getting worse over time (yes, Grendel was worse given the 75 vitus essence drops required).  You're indicating a pattern of things going worse, and I don't think ignoring it anymore is an option.

-Edit end-

I'm sorry, but you're pulling an EA here.  Namely, earning Darth Vader was something that was "rewarding the player for their time investment" but really setting up either a painful grind or allowing people to buy success.  What?  Yeah, pay to win.  You can spend a week grinding or spend a few hundred platinum to just buy it.  This crap is not going forgotten DE, and you need to either decide to be good or bad.  If you don't reinforce that you aren't a mobile game, it's soon going to be a foregone conclusion with these bait and switch changes, especially so when the same issue has a different fix each time.  Yeah, Moas were and "accident."  The Hema and Sibear would be insulting for veterans...assuming they wanted to install a grind gate that would dissuade new players.  Simaris standing is getting halved....after several years of being this high because you've introduced a new system.  Make a stand, and be consistent.  Your current joke of consistency points towards poorly trying to wring money out at some points, while others with integral systems can be fixed.  The conclusion is you are emulating Fallout 76, more than a fair system.

Archived