Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chronicles of Samuvara: The Steel Path Project

The_Reverend

Hi everyone! I am working on a different way I'd like to play Warframe and I am calling it the Chronicles of Sumavara (COS) and I wanted to share it here!

THE CHRONICLES OF SAMUVARA (COS) will be a series wherein I do (or attempt) every single mission of the starchart on the STEEL PATH with the following (self-imposed) rules:

COS RULES:

(1) GEAR LOCKED. No gear [Q] allowed aside from the necessary like archwing for archwing missions (this means no health/energy/shield/ammo restores, ciphers, specters, etc.)

(2) ARSENAL/GEAR LOCKED. No changing weapons or mods. I have carefully thought out each weapon, and their corresponding mods, so that I have theoretically covered all my bases (e.g., hp management, energy management, ammo solutions, etc.).

(3) NO DEATHS. For a level to be considered 100% complete, I have to complete all objectives without dying once.

*This is an experiment as well, so we will see how this pans out!

MOTIVATIONS:

I have been playing warframe since 2013 where we had Starchart V 1.0 and Melee 1.0...you know...the good ol' days before orbiters existed so our main menu WAS THE starchart...where we had stamina gauges (and mods like "rush" affected how much stamina you had), bullet jumping didn't exist (only Excalibur could jump high with "Super Jump", his third ability), Dual Zoren was the meta for movement by doing "the helicopter", and the only "Arcane" items were arcane helmets...Wow has this game changed! Anyway, after 7 years (and counting) of being into warframe, I was growing tired of grinding and doing content the same way: finding a way to cheese it and then exploiting it then waiting for more content to rinse and repeat. I also found myself growing bored and having no fun in becoming able to wipe everything out too easily. So with the release of steel path, I decided to play warframe DIFFERENTLY than what I have been doing in general. First off, while making the COS trailer I came to appreciate how MUCH detail has gone into maps, enemies, sounds, and the overall game, so by playing a more stealth-oriented, slow-paced gamestyle, I can not only enjoy the beauty put into the game but play with an interesting challenge. I believe I have built an Ivara that is not going to be overpowered but have the capacity to take on anything with good planning and strategy instead of the current metas/brute forcing everything to win. I am expecting to fail and needing to re-think my strategy in gameplay instead of relying on simply switching warframes/weapons and clearing it by cheesing/nuking it. I am trying to play in a way that making mistakes really punishes the player (dark souls style), hence why I made a "glass cannon"-type character (but also not so powerful cannon) and am restricted from using health/energy/shield/ammo restores. I am hoping that some missions will require multiple attempts just like classic 1-player games like the Zelda series, Metroid Series, The Elder Scrolls, etc. where if you fail, you can't just change everything (i.e., your character (e.g., samus) stays the same with the same weapons)...it's on the player to figure out how to beat certain dungeons/bosses without simply "brute forcing" it but instead getting creative and really thinking critically. Hopefully this will be a different way of playing warframe, where I will be forced to play differently depending on context, and a refreshing way of thoroughly enjoying this beautiful game. I hope this will be a fun and engaging journey!

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

*I will record each and every mission and will probably livestream some of the missions on twitch!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/sharkpartygaming

**This trailer was mainly made to test out my video editing software (I have never made videos like this before). I will be releasing more informative videos and the series itself soon!

THE CHRONICLES OF SAMUVARA TRAILER: 

Archived