Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

even thou we get warframe be eaten what about the parts of warframe can they be devour instead we have to forge the actual full warframe?  If not this is a draw back I probably I don't want but I wanted to use Iron skin with Inaros to make it so utterly awesome.

10 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

Everyone will be unique now

I seriously doubt that....
Depending on what abilities are compatibly (and I'm glad not all of them are) it will lead to a few abilities that will now be on every frame that anyone plays simply because they are the "best" abilities...
This will be quite the opposite of "unique" since now instead of unique kits every warframe will have the same few abilities from other frames.

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

I seriously doubt that....
Depending on what abilities are compatibly (and I'm glad not all of them are) it will lead to a few abilities that will now be on every frame that anyone plays simply because they are the "best" abilities...
This will be quite the opposite of "unique" since now instead of unique kits every warframe will have the same few abilities from other frames.

Basically this; we're just going to end up with another Mandatory Mods situation.

Credit to DE for trying, but at some point you've destroyed so much category structure that the whole thing becomes a soupy mess. This doesn't sound like anything that would make me want to pick up the game again.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Iron Skin seems like a “signature ability”. I doubt DE will let us put it on other frames.

not really or other wise it would be possible it would become the obvious ppl will demand but more likely I want the thing eat bp or already made bp so it won't be mega sacrafice and crafting each frame is pain and extra big money cost.

1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

not really or other wise it would be possible it would become the obvious ppl will demand but more likely I want the thing eat bp or already made bp so it won't be mega sacrafice and crafting each frame is pain and extra big money cost.

DE stated in the stream abilities like this would be locked to the original frame only.

It seems like the whole point is a resource sink. I imagine we will keep the requirement to craft frames.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

DE stated in the stream abilities like this would be locked to the original frame only.

It seems like the whole point is a resource sink. I imagine we will keep the requirement to craft frames.

they also said no ultimates, so it will either be rhino charge or damage boost, im guessing it will be rhino charge.

This whole donation feature feels like a ridiculous grind fest.

We all know the horrible grind to collect all those parts, some has rare/harder to get resources. Then build each of them, wait 12h, build warframe, wait 72 hours.
And buy a wf slot to place these duplicates to.
Then fully sacrifice it, wait another 24h AND to get the skill - you have to grind more and more resources.

And to top it off - you now lose access to the original ability permanently? So you need more duplicates of your prime warframes = more grind, more forma, more time.

This "feature" completely killed the mood of the entire Tennocon.

6 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Basically this; we're just going to end up with another Mandatory Mods situation.

Credit to DE for trying, but at some point you've destroyed so much category structure that the whole thing becomes a soupy mess. This doesn't sound like anything that would make me want to pick up the game again.

Exactly.
Mandatory mods 2.0 essentially.

And can you imagine what this'll do to recruiting?  Instead of "Looking for X frame" its "Looking for X frame with abilities A, B, C, and D!"

This just makes a mess of the ability system.

And there are only 2 ways for this to go:
A) This invalidates the vast majority of frames and you'll just put the best abilities on the tankiest frame
B) This will be a relatively useless system because it'll only (hopefully IMHO) be the "weaker" abilities since they sid it won't include the "signature" abilities of a frame.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Ketec:

And to top it off - you now lose access to the original ability permanently?

Next time try to listen and stop letting your anger blind and deafen you. Rebecca literally said that you can choose your configuration. If you wanna keep an original ability, you can do so.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb notlamprey:

It will end like the Lich-Weapons. One or two Abilities will surpassing everyone else. This will be a balance nightmare. Not sure why they are so shortsightet to run into this.

Archived