Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

53 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Got to be realistic. The abilities available to be removed/added are most probably going to be the crap ones. are there any good ones (likely) might work better with another frame?

To be fair, many crap abilities are crap by relativity. Like, Shock is crap because Volt has Discharge. But other frames don't have any kind of damage dealing potential, or might want a single-target stun for one reason or another. Or maybe you have Nekros and add pull, so you can have greedy pull, because reasons, since IIRC, augments do work.

Just now, Oreades said:

So DE creates a situation where the logical solution is to delete the old/outmoded frame.

Then DE creates a situation where that previous logical solution they created is now a problem.

So DE can sell you the solution......?

Platinum can be obtained by playing. Believe me, there are worse situations. Here you are given a choice.

On the other hand, only older players will have this problem. New players will know about this system, so they won't make the same mistake as us. The only thing DE do to fix this is simeris event.But I really don't think it's that important.

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Aaah but heres the catch... What would you give up in Return... Ivara's Abilities are kinda good.... granted I dont like Prowl or Artemis Bow... but I wouldnt give up those for some Toxin.

For sure navigator, I hardly ever use it personally and toxic lash would prolly mix well with her stealth and bow

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I think this was determined by The Community... not by DE themselces....

Volt Shields are obviously Volt's defining characteristic more than Speed is....

Not that it matters... DE can simply flag them both leaving us only with Shock 😛

The same goes for Rhino... You think DE is really going to let us have either Roar or Iron Skin ? 

Its going to be charge...

Exactly.

People really need to start thinking of it with this simple process and realize DE hyped them up a bit much. 

What ability would you remove on a frame given a choice? That will be the ability you can transfer to other frames after sacrificing it. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Daiwulf said:

All we need to know is which abilities will be availabe. Did they say if each frame can only have 1 ability converted

I'm pretty sure that's what she said. DE has or will choose the ability from each frame that can be extracted.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Cry some more. 

There are frames with anywhere between 1 and 3 abilities that practically have zero use whatsoever. God forbid they get another option.

*cries in Rune Factory Special*

You could definitely frame this as an attempt to sidestep the problem of constantly being asked to rework X, Y and Z frame. It might even turn out to work well. 

God forbid I tender my opinion that it probably won't. It puts me in mind of the way WoW: Cataclysm broke a lot of the old system structures open, technically allowing for a lot of new possibilities. The end result was a lot of unsatisfying choices that just made the game more difficult to parse and contributed to what became (I think) the largest six-month sub count drop any game had ever seen to date.

I guess this game has turned into a DSP stream, and anyone who says something doesn't seem like a good idea is a dirty detractor.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in Selphia.

Edited by notlamprey
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

imagine now everyone gonna add celestial twin to their favorite frames. 

Mirage + twins = 8.... I would like to see it. Sadly it won't happen.

Edited by quxier
sad truth

It will be at least minor ups to things like Chroma. But for example Rhino, what would be his "no copy" ability? Because if it is iron skin omegalul I'd use roar on many frames. Gara for example is pretty op atm, put her anything that boost damage in slot 3 and she will start to one shot everything(except greeners) solo in SP offscreen as she does even pretty late in arbis.

And if Khora gets an incidental buff, it will be problematic as the frame already trivialise endless missions alone.

The thing that would be spicy as well would be to share the 1 spells of frost/volt/ember/oberon/saryn with their augment. Free steroid for anyone who had previously a nono 1 spell...

Ah and Wukong, twin is op and even his cloudwalk is insane, give him another speed boost and you are looking at consistent 30s cap missions ^^.

Edited by Galuf

Am I correct in my understanding that we can only change one ability - i.e. we can't completely overhaul a kit. That's still a substantial difference, but that's the main point I need to make sure I'm aware of.

1 minute ago, Galuf said:

It will be minor ups to things like Chroma. But for example Rhino, what would be his "no copy" ability? Because if it is iron skin omegalul I'd use roar on many frames. Gara for example is pretty op atm, put her anything that boost damage in slot 3 and she will start to one shot everything(except greeners) solo in SP offscreen as she does even pretty late in arbis.

There's no 'no copy' ability - the way they described it, DE select one ability and that's the one you get.

Just now, (PS4)i7081277 said:

For sure navigator, I hardly ever use it personally and toxic lash would prolly mix well with her stealth and bow

I love Navigator 😮 !!!

but then again I have weapons that can actually utilize it...

i suppose I wouldnt need it if I can have Navigator on a different Warframe.... Like Trinity 😈 !!! Oh Boy... I can already taste the Nerfs !!!

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Exactly.

People really need to start thinking of it with this simple process and realize DE hyped them up a bit much. 

Hey they Didnt learn when they Showed off Railjack, Eidolons, Fortuna, Archwing and Liches...

Why would they learn now ?

At least the content hasnt released yet so they get to be happy before DE Crushes their Spirits:P

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

What ability would you remove on a frame given a choice? That will be the ability you can transfer to other frames after sacrificing it. 

Indeed... its the perfect trap 😛

• Like 1

Don't think of this system as a build your own warframe kind of thing. think of it as a way to make the warframes we already have more dynamic and custom. will you choose invisibility? or an ability that improves survivability? will you choose an ability that adds to your dps? or maybe gives you a new way to deal dps?

The more i think about it, the more this seems like a bad idea. So i'm trying to list possible balances issues that might comes with future ability infusion.

1. Sonic Fracture and Seeking Shuriken : If these 2 abilities are available, then all warframes can easily have 100% armor stripping. Not to mention that the most used element right now is Viral.
  2. Even within 1st abilities, some abilities are just outright superior than other. CC for example, why would anyone keep soul punch, freeze, smite, etc when you can have Condemn that can CC multiple enemies while giving you shield or Desiccation that can blind enemies while opening them to finisher?
  3. Stacking specialty and removal of weakness : What if tanky warframe like Inaros can even get tankier with ability like Null Star? or now Inaros can easily buff his damage with roar or through armor stripping by using Seeking Shuriken/ Sonic Fracture?. Chroma can easily be more OP just by replacing Spectral Scream with pretty much anything.

Well, these are all i can think for now, pretty sure there will be more. Feel free to add more.

• Like 3

guessing most of the transferred powers will be the rather useless ones, while ultra powerful obvious picks like Peacemaker or Spores won't be a thing. god only knows how something like this could be properly balanced, and giving up a whole warframe, that's throwing away hours, days or even weeks of grind, and all the Forma and stuff invested into them. that's a hefty price to pay for one ability IMO.

10 minutes ago, schilds said:

Ok, I just found the bit in the stream. Rebecca says "every warframe in the game has had one ability chosen"

Thank you.  I was starting to  wonder if I'd been imagining things.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

He is too big for Helmith to swallow.

Grendel would swallow the Helmith.... this would be nice joke.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Or his 4 and make it just cost energy

No.. ultimate moves (or how it was called). So only buff might be used... however I wonder how? Afair the strength of this buff depends on number of enemies eaten.

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Thank you.  I was starting to  wonder if I'd been imagining things.

So was I, lol. People getting carried away.

Gotta catch these things quickly because it's amazing how quickly/easily misconceptions can arise and how persistent they can be (even after more accurate information is later supplied).

Edited by schilds
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

Okay, but everyone understands that this is still 900k standing even after the cuts, right?  From a syndicate that has daily standing caps?  Where the ONLY way to earn standing is one set of daily synthesis targets and then tediously stealth scanning your way through a dozen missions?

That's a month of synth target every day followed by stealth scan farming every day, assuming you have the max cap for max MR.

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan

I'm just a bit bummed that we can't use prime frames for it... 😞 That means I won't invest in it, even for my very wished Valkyr's Zipline. Because when primes release I'll still have to deal with the lackluster ability I replaced, and thus face a downgrade.

So no point in getting used to alternative abilities in frames since I'll have to sacrifice them down the line. But that's me.

• Like 1