Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

2 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

The real question is if I give helminth my mesa with 4 forma and a catalyst, that he gives me the forma and catalyst back. 

Probably safer to make a new Mesa.

my only request with this is that the lower the cost of warframe bp and parts from simaris as 100,000 standing for a bp and 50,000 for a part is really steep especially when you can only hold 130,000 standing and daily standing is capped. rebuilding the frames from simaris only to sacrifice them is gonna be painfully long and unrewarding even at mr29 its 4 days of capped standing to buy 1 wf blueprint and 6 days for all parts thats 10 days of maxing out your daily standing just to buy the blueprints to build the frames

Edited by (PS4)mrBloodshotAtWar
6 minutes ago, DeccanTraps said:

Have to say was not expecting that.

I mean yeah fully expecting to be grindy as all hell, but, we get to mix and match frames? how many sub par 2s can be replaced by Ironskin? how many mediocre 1s can become revnant's zerg like assimilator? Its a balance nightmare but its going to make things a lot more fun as well.

First of all de made it clear you will not be able to replictate signature and ultimate abilities ..also what abilities you want to put on other frames is upto you whether you want to even do that or not .they are not forcing you to put shock on your excalibur 

Edited by Sweg178

Mmmh, ok Pablo confirmed it already that Molt will be the ability for Saryn which includes the Augments as well. This opens the questions if this will be even more broken with Frames which already have a high Healthpool. Imagine Inaros or Nidus with Regenerative Molt? Yeah thats whats Warframe needs...

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

we might just get modified and weakened abilities for certain frames like Limbo. 

I agree, with Gauss, Grendel, Hildryn, Limbo, etc. etc. Lots of the newer frames especially that have such fully integrated kits that actually rely on synergy to function. 

I feel like there is literally no choice but heavy modification for some of these. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Probably safer to make a new Mesa.

Ah, yes. But you see. The thing about that is......I am Lazy.

(But yeah, I agree with the assumption that we aren't getting our Forma and such back.)

• Like 2
Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I agree, with Gauss, Grendel, Hildryn, Limbo, etc. etc. Lots of the newer frames especially that have such fully integrated kits that actually rely on synergy to function. 

I feel like there is literally no choice but heavy modification for some of these. 

will probably be something generic loosley based on the frame. Like maybe a non-void stasis move for Limbo. 

• Like 1
vor 1 Minute schrieb Tesseract7777:

The question is why DE is gonna open Pandoras Box with this. I mean they arent already capable of balancing weapons etc. etc. And now the "want" (at least they should, or this system will be broken beyond anything else) to spend time for balancing Frame Abilities and in a worst case scenario for each receiver of the subsumed ability? They cant even sustain Nightwave in a proper way. How is this gonna end with each update and adjustements to the Abilities. Man this will be a overlooked nightmare waste of man hours to sustain the system.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

That's means you will probably end up getting their 1st ability only which is rather useless in most cases.

Well, I wouldn't mind getting 1 Protea, Revenant, Octavia, Mirage, Garuda, Vauban or Valkyr (about Valkyr, this is my personal preference). I would like to be able to use 1 Wisp, but this is too good to be true. There are several frames where all abilities are useful, so I think that something will still be able to pick up. But if they make a Protea dispenser, I think it will be one of the most used things in the game.

For some reason this whole thing puts me off, one step closer to treat Warframes as mere items, why give them stances at all then? If they not act on there own, not complain being fed now?

On the system itself it feels gimmick wise and will be forgotten soon i fear again, another system like Arcananes, Focus, Mods, added on the pile we have.

I agree with most people here, instead of reworking frames they make this now, i am honestly disgusted by the presantation of it and how people still praise them for such, personal opinion here by the way. I simply not like how such gets implented and i fear we barely will even get story or lore to it much again.

It feels liek soem afterthought honestly, DE frorgettign or ignoring a alot after all and with this it feels like, "Oh right, we have that helmith room, maybe could add something with the infested update." Last minute addition or so.

I wait and see still, why i notmally not watch streams, takes suprise away and turns me away, to much hype, to much peopel reacting like it is the second coming of jesus, but did let it watch for the rewards on Twitch, onyl glance partly and catched my eye still. Side note, another "mother" figure also, i mean really? DE lately shoves alot of those mother figures in, Lotus was always there and ticks me off honestly, Little Duck feels like some cringy meme, Nora, i not talk about Nora, now another "Guide" for antoher worlds, while Syndicats and other NPC's rot away and never get mentioned agian.

You know, the immune people as example from Nidus quest? I bet they won't get mentioned, but lets push Glasmaker also DE right, something that will vanish and not effect the world at all anymore, i bet Arlo won't get mentioned on Deimos aswell or does anyone ever seen the Wolf coming back also?

It is simply bad storytelling and if i sound salty and like i rant, yes, i do, simply because of how this stuff gets treated, now we go t some literally mouth to feed that acts as resource sink, and this is what DE waste resources on, new war? Railjack additions? Fixing? Nah, lets move on once again, not fix K-Drive, instead bring some Dragonflys to ride on instead. See what i mean with this?

I swear if this update is rushed again, feels empty and not adds any to the wordl then i am seriously done withtihs game i think, i try  to enjoy it, love and DE normally, but lately it feels so ridiclious of how it "evolves".

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Mmmh, ok Pablo confirmed it already that Molt will be the ability for Saryn which includes the Augments as well. This opens the questions if this will be even more broken with Frames which already have a high Healthpool. Imagine Inaros or Nidus with Regenerative Molt? Yeah thats whats Warframe needs...

not really molts 500 health over 10  seconds my operator using magnus elevate can match that pretty easily in fact it can actually out do that really easily and inaros abilities already out heal that 500 health every 10 seconds by a lot molt on high health frames is pretty useless tbh

Edited by (PS4)mrBloodshotAtWar
2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Wonder what they'll do for Limbo? Since his passive is basically required for all his powers except his 'ultimate' which, no ultimates apparently.

Easy: rift surge. It just spends energy and does nothing :crylaugh:

But Limbo actually the most interesting case I guess.

19 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I bet it will turn out to be mostly a gimmick. Most warframes has their most useful ability on ultimate. But they said ultimate won't be on the list. Then the ability to be transferred is chosen by DE not player. That's means you will probably end up getting their 1st ability only which is rather useless in most cases.

Mostly true, but there are some frames with a full load of useful abilities in their kit. For example, any one of Harrow, Baruuk, Mesa  abilities could be combined with select other frames to make a broken build. 

Just now, Viges said:

I mean, DE has said before that a frame's ultimate ability isn't necessarily his 4... 

What if they claim that his "ultimate" is stasis, and his signature ability is Banish, and allow people to make a Cataclysm Bubble? lol. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (PS4)mrBloodshotAtWar:

not really molts 500 health over 10  seconds my operator using magnus elevate can match that pretty easily

Which you can bypass with Ability Strength. Last Time I check my Nidus had around 300 of it if I remembered correctly. So it could be 1500 Health over 10 Seconds. Not much. Sure. But I dont have to jump out to the Kiddo Gimmick to heal and getting oneshotted with it. It would be a Time Saver. At least for me.

Edited by ValinorAtani
  • Like 1
vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)Timidobserver:

Mostly true, but there are some frames with a full load of useful abilities in their kit. For example, any one of Harrow, Baruuk, Mesa  abilities could be combined with select other frames to make a broken build. 

This worries me as well. The Q/A Department is capable to test all synergies as the same amount of the Horde of Hardcore Min Maxers out there. I call a lot of broken and unintended exploity Builds to be released and hotfixed over months.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ValinorAtani said:
Which you can bypass with Ability Strenght. Last Time I check my Nidus had around 300 of it if I remembered correctly. So it could be 1500 Health over 10 Seconds. Not much. Sure. But I dont have to jump out to the Kiddo Gimmick to heal and getting oneshotted with it. It would be a Time Saver. At least for me.

Or you can save time by simply putting the healing mod in your melee. There are many options. I think that the generation of aggression will do more than augment for healing.

But I don't see it breaking anything. And I don't even know who would benefit from it. There may be a frame like Chroma that doesn't actually have CC.

1 minute ago, ValinorAtani said:

This worries me as well. The Q/A Department is capable to test all synergies as the same amount of the Horde of Hardcore Min Maxers out there. I call a lot of broken and unintended exploity Builds to be released and hotfixed over months.

Lol it might be a good idea for them to just exclude Warframes that don't have a sufficiently useless ability. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Agreed.

Everything doesn't have to be rushed.

Nah screw that remove the time gates like Standing caps and let players rush it if they wish, 

time gates have always been garbage ideas in gaming, its an excuse to slow the player down because of bad game design. 

Let the player spend 80 Hours spread over a week if they wish, instead of forcing them to spend 80 days just to achieve the same result due to a bullcrap time gate. 

took me an entire month just to level my entire solaris unite just so i can get into Profit taker for the stuff i needed to rank Vox Solaris or to do Nightwave, challenge. 

Regardless of  if its over 80 days or the course of a single week of nothing else but sleep and food. 80 hours spent is 80 hours spent playing the game, both benefit the game and its developers. the differance is the latter is more respecting of the player by letting them spend that 80 hours how they wish. by letting them tackle the content at their own pace rather then feel forced. which makes them want to contribute more to the game in various ways. and come back for more. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I mean, DE has said before that a frame's ultimate ability isn't necessarily his 4... 

What if they claim that his "ultimate" is stasis, and his signature ability is Banish, and allow people to make a Cataclysm Bubble? lol. 

Actually stasis will work the same way: just spends energy and does nothing. So why not :crylaugh:

But I think they will just give his specter's banish, which just knock downs. I doubt they'll rework the whole Limbo or any other frames for that system.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Viges said:

Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

In all seriousness, although I'm fond of the ability myself, it's probably the most disposable move in his kit. If I'm axing a power to replace with another, that's probably the one. Whilst I'm less fond of stasis for design reasons, unfortunately for the time being it's too useful to remove - if mainly for its objective defense abilities. 

43 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Ash - Shurikens. Potentially popular given the augment's ability to strip armor.

Do you really think they will let us use The Augments ? Come on now... you know DE Better than that by now 😛

Atlas - ... Landslide? Seems pretty powerful for such an ability, though, so they might go with something like Petrify. Not sure how the Rubble mechanic will play into this.

I doubt we will get Land Slide... It will probably just be Tectonics.

Banshee - Sonic Boom. Also potentially popular for its augment for the same reason as Ash.

And just like Ash i doubt we will ever be allowed to use the Augment on other Frames.

Gara - Shattered Lash. Also s'alright

Thats her Signature Ability... 

You know exactly which one they will pick for Gara... Her 3 😛

Garuda - No clue, these abilities don't really fit with the theme of others. Dread Mirror? Or maybe just go Bloodletting since it's simple?

I think Dread Mirror... the only reason I say this is because Without her 4 Dread Mirror is not as powerful... i fact its kinda Rubbish.... but it will make for a fun Meme....

If Im wrong that means we get Healing Or Energy..... Do I even have to say it ? 😎

Harrow - Condemn. Lock everyone up in CHAINS and gain overshields for it.

Anything You get from Harrow would be nice...

Im flagging him for Nerfs later on despite the fact that he's barely in a good place right now.

Hydroid - Tempest Barrage

Well... It makes enemies Fall Over... its not bad.

Inaros - Desiccation. Hey wide range conal blind ain't bad for CC, and opens up to finishers.

Pocket Sand ? 

I would say Devour is Inaros's signature ability but theres no way in hell they would ever give us Pocket Sand ! 

Even Sand Storm seems more likely than Pocket Sand..... because Trinity is A never ending Battery then I guarantee you wont be getting Sand Storm...

That just leaves Devour...

Happy Munching

Ivara - Quiver or Navigator. Considering the utility of Quiver, it might actually be Navigator, which ... could be potentially huge depending on loadout choices.

I wouldnt be surprised if its Prowl aswel... I know thats primarliy what Ivara is known for but The Truth is anyone of these 3 Abilities is pretty Good...

My guess is you will only get 1 Thing from Quiver.... NOISE ARROW !!!

Khora - Whipclaw

Ha !!! No Way.... not after The Xoris Nerf.

Its going to be Ensnare and you know it.

Limbo - I have no idea rofl all of his S#&$ depends on warframe mechanics and banishing people to limbo.

Hes going to get nerfed.

Loki - Decoy zzzzzz. Or maybe Switch Teleport.

Switch Teleport has too much Troll Potential... So I think its just Decoy.

Mag - No credit for this, was already stated.

It was Pull right ? I bet it was Pull 😛

Mesa - Ballistic Battery. I guess?

Its Total Rubbish sooooooo... Yes 🙂

Mirage - Hall of Mirrors is too iconic and Eclipse are too strong to give. Maybe they'll be real $&*^s and make it Sleight of Hand to piss people off.

BINGO !!! Now you're thinking like a Real DE Employee 😉

Nekros - Soul Punch

Yep... Anybody who thinks its going to be Desecrate is a fool.

Nezha - Probably Blazing Chakram.

Nope... Il bet Dollars to Donuts thats his Signature Ability... Fire Walker is more useless so That will be the one...

Obviously it wont be Halo...

Nidus - Virulence I guess? Again we'll have to see how they handle scaling for stuff.

I doubt they will... You will get Virulence as is... un modified 😛

Nova - Antimatter Drop probably. Null Star is the #1, but it's primarily defensive, which... is weird for a frame, come to think of it. And giving a defense multiplier buff ability seems not like something they'll do with these abilities.

Thats Cool... Il Take Antimatter Drop...

Or Wormhole... 

Just Like Harrow... anything you get from  Nova will be fine...

Except if they try to nerf her they will piss off significantly more people.

Nyx - Probably Psychic Bolts which will be hilarious because Nyx just got semi-popular again because of her ability to strip defenses. Hi Nyx, bye Nyx.

Probably the first Ability since its rubbish unless you can Hijack a Ancient Healer.

Oberon - Smite?

Makes Sense.

Octavia - another weird one. Maybe Mallet, but that's going to be odd.

Mallet is too Good... Im going say the Disco Ball.... everything else is too good.

Im also flagging Octavia for Nerfs later on...

Saryn - Uh.... uh ....... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh... Can't do spores...Toxic Lash also does spores. Molt, probably?

Probably Molt... which is fine because it gives you a Speed Boost 

Titania - All these abilities seem equally likely, honestly.

Thatz what happens when all the ability are rubbish... suddenly they all become Candidates 😛

personally I want Lantern. 

Trinity - Most of these abilities seem pretty signature, tbh. Link, maybe.

Status Immunity? Nope... too good.

First Ability is more likely.

Valkyr - Rip Line because f*** you who wants a useful ability?

Il Take Rip Line over Paralyze anyday 😛

Vaub - Tesla Nervos?

Nope... Tesla Nervos is actually good even without The Augment... sort of.

I be its going to be Photon Strike....

If not Il gladly take Tesla Nervos.

Volt - Shock zzzzz.

Yep !!!

Zephyr - Airburst

Yep !!!

Tailwind would actually be useful on other Frames sooo... cant have that.

And those are the frames I own.

No Gauss and Grendel ? 😮

31 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Imagine Inaros or Nidus with Regenerative Molt? Yeah thats whats Warframe needs...

Why would you give Inaros Molt ? He literally gets the most Benefit from Arcane Grace and Medi-Ray. 

There are more effective ways to break the game 😛

23 minutes ago, Viges said:

Thats the thing though... Rift Surge literally doesnt even activate if nothing is in the Rift...

23 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Which you can bypass with Ability Strength. Last Time I check my Nidus had around 300 of it if I remembered correctly. So it could be 1500 Health over 10 Seconds. Not much. Sure. But I dont have to jump out to the Kiddo Gimmick to heal and getting oneshotted with it. It would be a Time Saver. At least for me.

True... But first you would have to give something Up ?

Is anything Nidus has worth Trading in for Molt especially if it needs the extra slot for the Augment ?

Doubtful 😛