Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

3 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

Bye bye Elude on Baruuk...hello Wisp Reservoirs or Wukong's Celestial Twin, 

I cant see resevoirs or celestial twin being available. They are too damn good to be put on any frame. Resevoirs would be the best in slot for every frame. And celestial twin would be a close second.

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Sonic Fracture and Seeking Shuriken : If these 2 abilities are available, then all warframes can easily have 100% armor stripping. Not to mention that the most used element right now is Viral.

I dont think you understand what the work "Broken" means ...

I can already 100% Strip Armor with Unairu's Sundering Dash and it doesnt cost me a Mod Slot to do so... the effect is also Permanent (not that it matters...)

Infact I think Sundering Dash can affect more Enemies than those Two Abilities can.

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Even within 1st abilities, some abilities are just outright superior than other. CC for example, why would anyone keep soul punch, freeze, smite, etc when you can have Condemn that can CC multiple enemies while giving you shield or Desiccation that can blind enemies while opening them to finisher?

Anything you get from Harrow is going to be good... Even Thurible.

I highly doubt DE is going to give us Pocket Sand... not when we already have a perfectly Rubbish Ability in the form of Devour... I bet that's the one you are going to get. 

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Stacking specialty and removal of weakness : What if tanky warframe like Inaros can even get tankier with ability like Null Star?

I seem to remember a certain Warframe who was unkillable using Rage + Defy.... Remember how usefull he was...

You really need to go back to the drawing board if the best you can come up with is give Inaros more Survivability.  If it were up to me I would give the Tankiest Warframe something that  actually contributes to mission objectives....

If you want to see something Broken... Give Inaros Pillage or Thermal Sunder.

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

or now Inaros can easily buff his damage with roar or through armor stripping by using Seeking Shuriken/ Sonic Fracture?.

Thats Much Better !!!

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Chroma can easily be more OP just by replacing Spectral Scream with pretty much anything.

Including Pull.... Add Alil Effeciency and Our DPS Boy can CC.

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Well, these are all i can think for now, pretty sure there will be more. Feel free to add more.

Its going to depend on how Short Sited DE is but Trinity is a top Candidate... she got nerfed a bunch of times already... and This new Feature will paint another Target on her back for sure.

1 minute ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I think any warframe ability put into Limbo becomes super broken. Even the most basic abilities like Excal's Slash Dash or Atlas Avalanche become broken on Limbo. Just dash into the rift and then spam the infused power.

Would you even Bother... ? Limbo's Kit is probably already busted Unmodified. It would be less effective with anything replaced... albeit you can replace it with something that doesnt Require you to literally use anything other than his passive purely for Laziness sake.

4 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

Bye bye Elude on Baruuk...

Hmmmmm... Giving Up Elude ?

Sure I guess... if the conditions are right you can keep restrain down with using Lull and Desolate Hands alone.

Eh, i will probably just farm Wisp and once i fodder the xp, i fuse it into the frame along with normal Banshee and Volt from clan research.

Maybe i will use my Octavia as a fourth, Octavia Prime will be there soon anyways.

It's a regular frame, so the mastery is what will matter the most in this case.

Quest frames will not be the only ones that could be used for the fusion, right?

2 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

tediously stealth scanning your way through a dozen missions?

While it doesn't detract from your point, Steel Path does seem to offer really good stealth scan affinity, to the point I've maxed Simaris rep (28K) without doing the target in a single Spy mission.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I cant see resevoirs or celestial twin being available. They are too damn good to be put on any frame. Resevoirs would be the best in slot for every frame. And celestial twin would be a close second.

Considering they mentioned 4th abilities wouldn't be selected, any of Wukong's abilities still end up with good value. You got me on Wisp, though.

It might work like Railjack's Ability Kinesis where only specific abilities can be extracted from each Warframe. You might not be able to extract all the most amazing abilities.

Here's what Ability Kinesis gives you:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack/Tactical_Menu#Ability_Kinesis

I don't see Wisp's Reservoir for example (because it's too good!).

EDIT: And if I had to guess, Ability Kinesis was an experimental precursor to this new Helminth feature! Make sure Warframes can cast other Warframe abilities... and make sure the interactions of these non-native abilities on Warframes aren't OP.

Better yet, if you want even more broken, Inaros as a base, gets armor strip AND damage reduction from Link, HP regen and cc from Wisp's motes, millions of damage from Sonar and even more damage from Octavia's Amp.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Nope... Tesla Nervos is actually good even without The Augment... sort of.

I be its going to be Photon Strike....

If not Il gladly take Tesla Nervos.

Personally I hope Protea's fan grenade is the one she gets so I can replace Tesla with it (always preferred things going boom vs shocking).

I could easily see Protea and Vauban swapping their 1's for fun.

...Of course that would mean I'd need to farm Protea...two technically since I still don't have her yet.

So im curious as what DE considers a signature ability, it would be really helpful if they had a list out on that so that players doesnt over expect just to find out that a certain type of ability that they wanted to copy fall under that category. I, for instance would love to replace volt's shield with nezha's warding halo but now im not sure if that's considered a signature ability. Also i dont know if anyone payed attention, but during the stream it seemed as if they only had the 1st abilities of mag and volt, so it wouldnt be far fetch to assume that we will most likely only be able to duplicate these specific abilities, or am i wrong?

I hope this isn't a way for DE to figure out what frames/abilities need to be reworked/nerfed. 

Zephyr needed a rework since her last rework, and I don't want them to touch Limbo, nor does he need to be touched. He's perfectly fine the way he is for people that actually know how to play him. 

Players would over expect regardless as well as argue and complain about every individual ability on how it should/shouldn't be allowed or that 'x' is actually their signature ability.

The update is expected in about 3-4 weeks anyways. People can wait that long to figure out what builds they want to work towards.

And yes as far as I could tell each frame can only contribute a single pre-selected ability. If Mag gives pull then you'll never get Polarize, Magnetize, or Crush for other frames.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

during the stream it seemed as if they only had the 1st abilities of mag and volt, so it wouldnt be far fetch to assume that we will most likely only be able to duplicate these specific abilities, or am i wrong?

Reb said that each frame will have only one ability to donate, decided by DE. All ults are out. Signature would be stuff like Saryn's spores and Khora's whipclaw, but is a bit vague and leaves them a bit of wriggle room.

It's likely abilities that either 
A) don't translate well to be "universal" 
B) get used the most from that frame
C) all of the above

Also Pablo said Saryn's molt is one, and Nezha firewalker are the only skill he will spoil/leak for this stuff. 

so in other word, the most used abilities will be considered signature, which only leaves the 1st abilities of most if not all frames, since more players only uses 2,3, and 4th abilites of every frames. I knew something was odd when they only had shock from volt instead of say his 2nd or had pull from mag instead of her 2nd or 3rd.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Or his 4 and make it just cost energy

They said They aren’t doing 4th abilites.
His 2 is the only one that makes sense to do because his 1 wouldn’t make any sense on another frame, nor would his 3. And his 4 is well a 4, so it has to been his 2. It’s the only ability that’s not super connected to his theme.

The question would really be, which of each warframe’s abilities are more likely to be donated. We see in a trailer for the system, a warframe using Frost’s Ice Wave, so it would be reasonable to assume it could be anything ability wise 1-3 and not likely to include any 4th ability.

Archived