Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

1 minute ago, Nez-Kal said:

Way to pin yourself as a Karen, yo.

Who is this Infamous Karen ive been hearing about so much lately ? 😮

3 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

"If I deem something is INCONVENIENCING me and my fragile Entitlement, I will become TOXIC to the point of Ruining the Day/Lives of Everyone else around me!!!!"

That sounds about Right...

One time I had a Chroma yell at me for bringing Limbo to an eidolon hunt.... this Same Chroma also ended the hunt with The Least Damage Dealt...

6 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

You suuuuuuure you wanna carry that badge around?

What Badge ?

6 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

Or maybe, did you mean to say "Having to arbitrarily wait for things generally makes me feel upset, and is a bit of a buzzkill in a fast-pace, action shooter game like Warframe."?

Nope...

I mean it is a Buzzkill but thats definitely not what I meant.

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

Basically you can ask yourself what's your first impression of a certain warframe. That'd be their signature ability.

Right and that the problem, everyone has a different impression of each frame, for example to me volt was always his elec so i always thought his 1 and 3 was his signature, while others will say his 2nd ability is and as you saw in the stream his 1 was tradable

3 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

I’d imagine sonar would be the signature for Banshee so that leaves sonic boom or silence up for grabs... savage silence on Ash would be wild. I love giving an Ash my support as is... and I was sad when Hydroid lost his finisher damage.

Hydroid lost his finisher damage for true damage (and if you played with both versions), you would notice that nothing changed because they're the same thing.
Hydroid replacing his trash 1 with anything is going to be fantastic.

Just now, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Right and that the problem, everyone has a different impression of each frame, for example to me volt was always his elec so i always thought his 1 and 3 was his signature, while others will say his 2nd ability is and as you saw in the stream his 1 was tradable

Signature seems to be a defining ability, either in theming or play style. Most volts are running with his 2 or eidolon hunting with his 3, so both are defining on why people play him. You CAN play volt for his 1 but almost nobody does, hence why its donatable

I see this as a premise for a bigger, better and broader direction as well as a great innovation for warframe! In the past a base warframe was for the most part MR fodder and although each is a tool used for a specific job we all know that at some point each frame will have a prime variation, Excalibur excluded. I know I would use it until the prime released but then it was scrapped, now I'll feed Venus Helminth instead. 

One thing I hope and would like to do and many will call me crazy but first frame I feel should benefit the most from being subsumed is Excal Umbra, his abilities I don't care for but his sentience being able to be extracted to put into other frames? I'll make him as many times as I need to for that! 

If that is the premise that DE is aiming to do then this indeed a worthy reward for all my resources! 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Everyone has a different perception, yes. But what's the context for it? Usefulness? Power? Recognition?

As I posted above, people here seem to think Whipclaw is Khora's signature ability. That's just her best ability, not her signature. Venari is her signature.

Just look at Khora's in-game promotional diorama. At a glance, you'd have a hard time selling the idea that Whipclaw is her signature ability instead of Venari.

Warframe0233.jpg

So if you just ignore meta/power it becomes rather easy to identify signature abilities.  In other words, the ability a casual non-meta observer would associate with the frame at a glance without augments or maximization. You have to separate what's good/useful from what the perception of the frame is.

3 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

I’d imagine sonar would be the signature for Banshee so that leaves sonic boom or silence up for grabs... savage silence on Ash would be wild. I love giving an Ash my support as is... and I was sad when Hydroid lost his finisher damage.

oh yea ash would rock with silence or ivara's insibility since it goes on for a longer period of time. i wonder how they'll trade hydroid's abilities though, i feel like all of them are/should only be his since he's the only water frame in the game

3 minutes ago, Velitria said:

Hydroid lost his finisher damage for true damage (and if you played with both versions), you would notice that nothing changed because they're the same thing.

Savage Silence multiplies finisher damage, the puddle used to do finisher, now impact. And you’ve already mentioned the deal with the tentacles who’s damage I’m pretty sure is not multiplied by the finisher damage amplifier now.

Signature ability are typically the game changer for that warframe. Volt's ability has already been shown however (his 1st). In other words I think you can describe it as "the less useful ability of an warframe". 

Takes Zephyr as an example both her 1st and 3rd are the game changer for her. Her 2nd will probably taken by Helminth then. If DE have to choose between 1st and 3rd they will probably choose 1st because it's the less "cheesy" ability for the game.

30 minutes ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

So what im getting at is now i can replace my useless ability on one of my warframes with another useless ability from another warframe.

I think you are being far too pessimistic here especially since augment mods are going to work.  I will agree that a lot of frames don't really have a good power to donate but that hardly matters.  All I need is ONE good power from ONE frame that I can pass around to all the rest and this is awesome.

Imagine every frame able to strip 100% armor via Ash's seeking shurikens.  Or every frame getting 90% damage reduction from Nova's null stars.  I have no idea if those two powers will be included but they are just two off the top of my head that I would gladly put on all frames and seem likely candidates.  There are potentially a lot of powers I'd like and use that wouldn't fall under the categories of ults or signatures.

1 hour ago, MasterBurik said:

Considering they mentioned 4th abilities wouldn't be selected, any of Wukong's abilities still end up with good value. You got me on Wisp, though.

Yeah.... I was thinking about it and I think Cloud Walker is probably the most logical choice. It is incredible movement but it doesn't just give you a 300% damage specter.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

cant replace ult

Dang :-P.

Just now, BansheePrime said:

They said you could not copy it but did they ever say you couldn’t replace it?

I didn't hear them say that, but I might have missed it. Going to go rewatch.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Better yet, if you want even more broken, Inaros as a base, gets armor strip AND damage reduction from Link, HP regen and cc from Wisp's motes, millions of damage from Sonar and even more damage from Octavia's Amp.

Amp is an ultimate so it won't be an option. Also, you can't stack more than one ability as far as I know. You get to add one ability and that's it. So you could pick one of the ones you've listed (provided they're even options). 

Inaros with a ton of abilities is pretty ridiculous. Same with Hildryn, Nidus, Limbo and Baruuk

hmm...you're right, but if you cant copy it, its safe to assume that you can replace them either.

Depends on the rules I guess, a slot 3 ability might only fit into another slot 3, or it’s own slot and those below it on the totem pole. or any slot. That being said there’s also those none Warframe abilities you can get from Helminth to be considered.

edit: video shows you can replace any ability with the new one.

Archived