Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

19 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

In other words, the ability a casual non-meta observer would associate with the frame at a glance without augments or maximization.

[snip]

On that note, I also consider for the following abilities to be signatures following the above definition:

Wukong's Celestial Twin.

Valkyr's Warcry.

I associate "Big Staff" with Wukong (Primal Fury), and "Energy Claws" with Valkyr (Hysteria).

Or do Exalted weapon peeps get multiple "signature" abilities we can cut out of their potential selection pool?

3 minutes ago, DarthRednax said:

I'm just confused on what there doing with Octavia. The ability will obviously be her 2, both her 1 and her 3 are ridiculously op, but are they just going to run default manticor song?

i dont know, that's the odd thing im getting from this new system, for instance a volt using a limbo banish(which would piss off players) or a vauban using hydroid's ability... im not sure if it'll "fit" the picture of said frame..i still like and support their idea of implementing that system tho

17 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Yeah.... I was thinking about it and I think Cloud Walker is probably the most logical choice. It is incredible movement but it doesn't just give you a 300% damage specter.

But Cloud Walker is Good...

Im willing to bet its Defy.... Which is also good... but not as good as Cloud Walker.

1 minute ago, MasterBurik said:

I associate "Big Staff" with Wukong (Primal Fury), and "Energy Claws" with Valkyr (Hysteria).

Or do Exalted weapon peeps get multiple "signature" abilities we can cut out of their potential selection pool?

We don't know what DE's thought process is for certain. We know that they are scratching off ultimates by default, but that doesn't mean a frame can't be in a position in which their ult is NOT their signature (Like Khora with Venari), which means removing 2 abilities from the potential selection instead of just one.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

i believe steve said you can use the augment of whatever ability you use to put on your frames

well that means shock trooper works on any frame. We already have a confirmed viable use

actually now that I think about it, augments make a lot of bad abilities viable. Mirage's 2 is a nuke with the aug

35 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This was my first thought. The elemental damage augmented abilities might become staples. 

Agree. For the moment the obvious generally useful candidates are offensive or defensive buffs and debuffs. Direct damage won't be that useful (unless they allow something like whipclaw, which I doubt). I expect CC, utllity and mobility abilities to be situationally popular, depending on the frame they're being donated to.

That's not to say there won't be other, better synergies, but something like extra elemental damage is a pretty safe choice to replace an ability you never use anyway.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

t might work like Railjack's Ability Kinesis where only specific abilities can be extracted from each Warframe. You might not be able to extract all the most amazing abilities.

Yeah, that's right..  There's only one extractable ability, selected by DE, per Warframe.  It won't be an ult or a "signature" ability, whatever that is.

Shock for Volt was in the stream, and, Firewalker for Nezha and Molt for Saryn were revealed by Pablo on twitter..   I don't know what other  have been leaked, but that gives some idea of what they're going for.  Pretty much the weakest / least problematic ability is what most people are guessing.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They said They aren’t doing 4th abilites.
His 2 is the only one that makes sense to do because his 1 wouldn’t make any sense on another frame, nor would his 3. And his 4 is well a 4, so it has to been his 2. It’s the only ability that’s not super connected to his theme.

They said “Ultimates or what we call signature” and that alone does not immediately mean every ultimate, as every ultimate is not a signature ability. Especially because they mention desecrate. If they had said Ultimates AND signature abilities sure, it’d be no question, but until they release the list we cant be sure

1 hour ago, Vesiga said:

they're not doing 4th abils AND signature abils. meaning only 1-2 abilities per frame will be released. 

meaning for nekros; desecrate and shadows of the dead will not be there. but terrify/soul punch could

Pablo leaked only 2 other abils that ARE going to be there; Saryn's Molt and Nezha Firewalker

They said ultimates OR signature, not ultimates AND signature. 

While I agree that Venari is Khora's signature, whipclaw is almost certainly out as a donateable ability (unless DE still haven't figured out how broken that ability is, which I guess is possible given they nerfed the Xoris instead of whipclaw :-P).

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

They said “Ultimates or what we call signature” and that alone does not immediately mean every ultimate, as every ultimate is not a signature ability. Especially because they mention desecrate. If they had said Ultimates AND signature abilities sure, it’d be no question, but until they release the list we cant be sure

Do you really expect other Warframes to curl up into a ball that’s designed to look like Grendel curled up and inflated into a ball?

Archived