Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

10 minutes ago, Ketec said:

And to top it off - you now lose access to the original ability permanently? So you need more duplicates of your prime warframes = more grind, more forma, more time.

They showed that you can choose to only have the new ability on some of the A B C loadouts instead of all 3.

Kind of how everyone, right now currently, only uses the best Warframe with the best weapon, right? 

I'm more concerned with the Lore implications; Feeding a Warframe to the Helminth feels like a pretty chaotic evil thing to do. 

18 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

so it won't be mega sacrafice

I guess the point is for it to be a mega sacrifice. Also no ultimates and no signature abilities. I personally don't mind having that system for sacrificing warframes. It's about time for DE to let us do something with all the duplicate parts we're getting. Just craft them in 4 days an throw them in the Helminth to get some cool permanent abilities. 4 days craft for a permanent addition to the Helminth doesn't sound too bad imo. 

1 minute ago, _Euphoria_ said:

I am really uncomfortable about this feature because it can push powercreep into a new level. 

Imagine giving Saryn Spores or Wisp Motes to literally anyframe....

They stated Warframe defining abilities can't be transferred... and Spores is a defining feature of Saryn.

10 minutes ago, Ketec said:

This whole donation feature feels like a ridiculous grind fest.

We all know the horrible grind to collect all those parts, some has rare/harder to get resources. Then build each of them, wait 12h, build warframe, wait 72 hours.
And buy a wf slot to place these duplicates to.
Then fully sacrifice it, wait another 24h AND to get the skill - you have to grind more and more resources.

And to top it off - you now lose access to the original ability permanently? So you need more duplicates of your prime warframes = more grind, more forma, more time.

This "feature" completely killed the mood of the entire Tennocon.

Many people don't have the primes yet. I sold all of my normal frames when i got the prime so thats a good way to dump them instead for some credits.
The people that can use the system will already drown in resources so thats kind of like when noobs complain about endgame difficulty.

You also don't lose the original ability. They have clearly stated (and shown) that you can get rid of the infused ability again (each loadout slot can have its own abilities)

Maybe you should listen closely and think it through before killing your own mood with a system that isn't even mandatory.

As many veteran players, I have built all current Prime Warframes.

And, also, I've sold their non-Prime counterparts. With the upcoming Helminth update, I'm concerned about this.

Will we get them back?

Grinding for Equinox, Nidus, Harrow or Khora again, or buying all the quest blueprints/parts from Simaris in order to remade what had no use before... It makes me wanna quit.

Please, DE. Allow us to have all our previously mastered non-prime Warframes back for the sake of the new Helminth system.

I'm really concerned.

And thanks for the love and the amazing job, as always. I love you all.

I'm glad they went with curated abilities rather than free reign. Would probably be a little extreme.

Wonder what they'll do for Limbo? Since his passive is basically required for all his powers except his 'ultimate' which, no ultimates apparently.

Sketchy about this idea... this seams like your giving up on ever adjusting abilities and making them all useful.   Hate an ability?? Just swap it out and shut up......  

But my main point was actually feedback....  Sacrificing warframes is cool and all..... but this would have been even more awesome if you sacrificed Liches to it!!!   Since you use frames to make a lich you can control what abilities the lich has.... which in turn would control what you can feed your Helminth Plant.....

I just think it would add another awesome layer to liches.

2 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

I guess the point is for it to be a mega sacrifice. Also no ultimates and no signature abilities. I personally don't mind having that system for sacrificing warframes. It's about time for DE to let us do something with all the duplicate parts we're getting. Just craft them in 4 days an throw them in the Helminth to get some cool permanent abilities. 4 days craft for a permanent addition to the Helminth doesn't sound too bad imo. 

not really, if you take your favourite warframe to be fed into that feeding machine basically your going be pretty much depress the same time.

38 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Well I guess Chroma can at least have a usable 1, and I can finally replace Loki's Switch teleport with...literally anything else.

OTOH, Chroma is that much less likely to get a usable, natural first ability. 

Less pressure to improve things that aren't working, and more pressure to keep abilities the same or nerf them if they're transferable and might work too well on another frame.

edit.  That second part isn't related to Chroma, really.  Just something that bothers me about the new system. 

Just now, Loza03 said:

I'm glad they went with curated abilities rather than free reign. Would probably be a little extreme.

Wonder what they'll do for Limbo? Since his passive is basically required for all his powers except his 'ultimate' which, no ultimates apparently.

Limbo needs a full rework. Banishing things just never worked well. He should just go full time wizard. 

Archived