Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

I'm not joking though :-P.

I don't really expect anyone else to agree, but you can smash a whole corridor/pack of enemies into a quivering heap, be invulnerable while you're doing so, and be on top of them while they're trying to get up. A couple of stabs later and they're all dead.

the funny thing is that i've never seen anyone use hydroid in any mission ive been into, the one and only time i used him to lvl up and gain mastery point, a guy made fun of me( even tho my damage eclipsed his) he was using a nidus if i remember correctly.

Could be completely wrong about what will be transferrable and what will transfer well, but the speculation is fun at least :-).

Just now, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

the funny thing is that i've never seen anyone use hydroid in any mission ive been into, the one and only time i used him to lvl up and gain mastery point, a guy made fun of me( even tho my damage eclipsed his) he was using a nidus if i remember correctly.

I use him occasionally, and his 2 is the ability I use the most, his 3 is the one I avoid.

2 hours ago, schilds said:

Reb said that each frame will have only one ability to donate, decided by DE. All ults are out. Signature would be stuff like Saryn's spores and Khora's whipclaw, but is a bit vague and leaves them a bit of wriggle room.

Also this is just the beginning of possible modular warframes. Eventually leaving things possible of being able to choose any frame and 4 different abilities is not out of the question now that they are creating this system for a test. This could destroy the meta for frames and being able to chose any frame and being able to craft them for anyones liking. A system similar to how they were planning on Archwing.

But who know, what they have in mind. No one knew Heart of Deimos was tied to 2019 trailer release.

Just now, schilds said:

Could be completely wrong about what will be transferrable and what will transfer well, but the speculation is fun at least :-).

im not lying if i tell you that im quite excited to see all the combo people have come up with XD, a hydroid using an atlas ability and so on...will be fun to watch and play with.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

lol is the ability that good?

only for aoe spam (bramma becomes a saryn tier map clearer) and melee (which all deal damage instead of only 2). Excal would be great because its a free way to make his 4 spam much more effective

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

Also this is just the beginning of possible modular warframes. Eventually leaving things possible of being able to choose any frame and 4 different abilities is not out of the question now that they are creating this system for a test. This could destroy the meta for frames and being able to chose any frame and being able to craft them for anyones liking. A system similar to how they were planning on Archwing.

But who know, what they have in mind. No one know know Heart of Deimos was tied to 2019 trailer release.

i highly doubt they'd ever allow that as it would leave room for people to make incredibly OP frames which would brake the game and push all the players that just wanna play for fun out the window since people would require you to have the most OP build in order to join raids(whenever they come back, if ever).

I'm looking forward to this system.

Regarding the grind, I don't think it'll be that bad. They said this is not a system for beginners. Veteran players will already have regular frames and their Primes, and so can just immediately donate the regular frames once the update launches. Primes are strictly superior to regular frames (although Excalibur Umbra isn't due to the annoying passive), so there's little reason to keep the older ones. The only concerns are having to re-farm frames that don't already have an upgraded version — Harrow in particular is going to be an absolute nightmare.

I'm a bit concerned that most of the warframe abilities involved in this system won't actually be any good. Fire Walker? Molt? Ice Wave? Pull? All meh to me. Volt's Shock on the other hand is an amazing ability, if you can spare the augment slot...

I'm excited for the brand new Helminth abilities, but the ones shown on the stream all seem to have very lackluster stats. Very short durations, high cooldowns... I hope there are some actually decent ones in there.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

i highly doubt they'd ever allow that as it would leave room for people to make incredibly OP frames which would brake the game and push all the players that just wanna play for fun out the window since people would require you to have the most OP build in order to join raids(whenever they come back, if ever).

Well if they can do it for Archwing they could do it Frames. All possible now they are making this "modular single ability"

Just now, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

i am very curious how they intend to make this work though, since some warframe, their power kits need each other to work, heck even the augments are the same way.

my best guess is that they just accept some stuff will be near useless. They do the same thing with mods and arcanes

Well this was an interesting reveal. It's something for us to do with some of those trillions of resources that arent used and we can do something fun. 

I know some people are saying its yet another grind, but this isn't something mandatory or needed for game progression. 

Now we need to wait and see what abilities we can and can't transfer. Personally I'm hoping I can put stuff like descecrate on tanky frames, but we'll see.

Hell I can see me just lobbing random stuff into this thing just to see what reactions it has 😂

Just now, ShogunGunshow said:

Mirage will be Sleight of Hand for sure. 

Which might have mildly amusing results on a Prowling Ivara. But that's about it.

I could see this making her OP when coming to stealth and damage boost. 🙂

Archived