Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

Can't wait for the 25. to come, there is hardly any Warframe without a useless ability (sometimes different ones, depending on modding). Plus I love customization in general. All of the Warframes I use will be so much more fun with an extra ability of my choice.

calm down, if something is op it will be "patched" like who has never thought of a frame having some ability from other frame and you will have your perfect one. this is just that. now ofc players will minmax and get the meta. it wasn't a needed addition but like most of the things, it's there if you want it. simple as that. don't use it, if you are so against it. won't effect anything tbh other than the players who wants to experiment. that's all. 

1 minute ago, Dauggie said:

calm down, if something is op it will be "patched" like who has never thought of a frame having some ability from other frame and you will have your perfect one. this is just that. now ofc players will minmax and get the meta. it wasn't a needed addition but like most of the things, it's there if you want it. simple as that. don't use it, if you are so against it. won't effect anything tbh other than the players who wants to experiment. that's all. 

It's not as simple as "just don't use it". I'm never planning on using it, but in turn I'll be sacrificing efficiency. It's not about being it being OP, it's about ruining uniqueness in favor of the meta. The same reason I vehemently oppose modular frames.

10 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'm glad they went with curated abilities rather than free reign. Would probably be a little extreme.

Wonder what they'll do for Limbo? Since his passive is basically required for all his powers except his 'ultimate' which, no ultimates apparently.

Limbo is an interesting roadblock, but I'm more concerned about Equinox. Their 1 would be their defining ability, and every other ability changes based on their form. 

I think It's fairly straight forward.

The most used ability on a given frame is a signature ability.

Rhino: Iron Skin

Mesa: Shatter Shield

Wisp: motes

Saryn:spores

Grendel: 1st ability

But also abilities that just make a frame tanky will not be part of the selection nor invisibility. Essentially anything that could make a frame really op is a No-No.

2 minutes ago, Blexander said:

It's not as simple as "just don't use it". I'm never planning on using it, but in turn I'll be sacrificing efficiency. It's not about being it being OP, it's about ruining uniqueness in favor of the meta. The same reason I vehemently oppose modular frames.

I agree with your post. However, I'm not entirely against Modular frames, to me it would've been fine if the Helminth abilities were the only ones we were able to use instead of giving frame abilities to other frames, that's a no-no for me.

8 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:
My only quandary about sacrificing frames is do I really want to sac off the ones that have several forma invested? Hmm

You can create another. There is no limit on identical frames.

20 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Honestly the only one I am holding out hope for is Protea's Fan Grenade.

I'm hoping for a dispenser, because the ammo and energy looks interesting.

Just now, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Ability what now? I'm sorry i've been away from the game for a month or so, and haven't watched the latest stream

Can someone explain, while i quickly go through the vastness of google search?

In short, on tennocon, they showcased a system where we can sacrifice a frame to get one of its abilities able to replace another frames ability at our leisure. It's a watered down version of modular frames, and yes, it's a grind fest too.

9 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Can't wait for the 25. to come, there is hardly any Warframe without a useless ability (sometimes different ones, depending on modding). Plus I love customization in general. All of the Warframes I use will be so much more fun with an extra ability of my choice.

What do you hope to make? a fast rhino? a tanky mirage? or a elemental frost fire electric ember?
Can't wait to see all the possibilities of the new system.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Ability what now? I'm sorry i've been away from the game for a month or so, and haven't watched the latest stream

Can someone explain, while i quickly go through the vastness of google search?

With HoD we'll be able to sacrifice a non-prime Warframe to take a specific power from it, which can then be applied to another frame and replace one of their powers,

For instance, by sacrificing Mag you'll get Pull, which you will then be able to give to Excalibur in place of any of his existing powers.

Edit: Be aware that you can only replace one power in this fashion. Augments will also work (So for instance, Greedy Pull Excalibur will be possible).

5 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

I agree with your post. However, I'm not entirely against Modular frames, to me it would've been fine if the Helminth abilities were the only ones we were able to use instead of giving frame abilities to other frames, that's a no-no for me.

In all honesty, if this was a system where we could do the same (sacrifice a frame) but instead of replacing abilities, we modify their effects (like augments but a bit different), I'd be all for it. It keeps the frames the same, the meta isn't intrusive, it's easy to balance.

1 minute ago, TheNeonGod said:
Titania with mach rush and speed with razorwing blitz. Talk about fairy fast, if they allow those abilities come to play.

Most likely, math rush will not be available because it is related to the warframe theme. I think Gauss will get his 3.

Archived