Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

For Equinox I'm thinking her 3. Metamorphosis for me just doesn't make much sense, its kinda her signature ability. Her 2 would effectively make every warframe capable of a sleep Equinox build, so thats out of the question. Ults were said to not be eligible at all, so that leaves her 3 as the last sensible option at least for me. The power strength aura isn't too strong or too weak, and the damage reduction has diminishing returns as the enemies get further from Equinox.

Also Pablo confirmed on Twitter that Saryn's ability would be Molt and Nezha's Firewalker.

I'm really scared what they will do with Limbo lmao.

• Like 1

there's also the fact that some abilities rely heavily on optimized mod builds to be considered OP.... and to make them OP on other frames could ruin what makes them OP... for instance Inaros is OP with lots of armor and health mods, now say we wanted to give him a nuke power. said nuke power is best with range mods, strength mods, efficiency mods and in some case also duration mods. Swapping in those mods would hurt a lot of Inaros's OP survivability bringing him down to more reasonable levels. so while at first glance it may seem like a lot of give op power to op frame a lot wont be very compatible. so once again it comes down to tenno intuition or preference.

heck i'd personally love a snow globe ability or jetstream on my inaros... but both abilities would be much weaker on inaros mod build than say a frost or zephyr mod build.

(on a side note... think passives will be transferable? cause i wouldnt mind zephyrs floating passive on inaros either)

Sorry but I love the idea. I don't think they will let us have all the best frame's abilities, just regular and ok ones, sound like an extra not a game-chaging experience. It looks great for casual gameplay, for fashion and a good thing to waste my time with lol

• Like 1

The only things I would change on this list would be:

Equinox’s ability to rest and rage as her duality is a signature feature and serves no other purpose to other warframes.

Protea I’d which to a dispensary which is more of a utility ability.

Frost. We have seen in the short Helminth system trailer showing a warframe using Frost’s Ice Wave.

Otherwise it seems like a good hypothesis.

• Like 1
Just now, Iamabearlulz said:

I really hope they don't pick Ballistic Battery for Mesa. It's one of the few abilities in the game that is entirely worthless, and they need to give people a reason to farm regular Mesa again, rather than just the Prime.

I agree. I’d like to see shooting gallery as her unbound ability.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Aceofgods said:

Mirage: Sleight of Hand. Augment: Explosive Legerdemain.

Not the ability one would want from this bounty of useful tools, but the only one that meets the criteria. May have some use on Corpus missions, but largely underwhelming.

Spoiler

You-Serious.gif

Explosive Legerdemain, the ability that's more stupidly OP than Saryn's spores... is underwhelming?

Seriously, if Sleight of Hand is the one Mirage donates, I'm putting it on all my Warframes, cause this ability is so insanely, stupidly powerful, nothing else will match it. Because of that it's far more likely that it will be Eclipse, or in the best case scenario, Hall of Mirrors. With the proper build, Sleight of Hand is way too OP to be allowed to spread. If you think the complaints about Saryn's spores were many, wait until you see every frame and their mom have Sleight of Hand w/ Explosive Ledgerdemain.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

I agree with your post. However, I'm not entirely against Modular frames, to me it would've been fine if the Helminth abilities were the only ones we were able to use instead of giving frame abilities to other frames, that's a no-no for me.

Yes, 100% agree. Giving a Warframe's ability to another will create more trouble then anything. Even if DE limit the feature to only work on first ability, giving abilities like Wukong's Celestial Twin, Mirage's Hall of Mirrors, Wisp's Reservoirs , to other Warframes will cause them to loose their uniqueness and cause certain Warframe to become too over power. And removing majority of the Warframe's first ability like Grendel's Feast, will render them useless or less effective.

And when certain Warframes becomes way too over power, how will DE handle the situation? Ability nerf? Apply restrictions? Overall, I'm not a big fan of this features. A fun idea, but  can be very troublesome and very hard to handle if thing spiral out of control.

Edited: Just went back to watch the stream again. Rebecca mentions that each Warframe can only give away 1 ability, that could either mean we can only choose 1 ability to sacrifice or there's only 1 ability on each Warframe that you can sacrifice, means you can't choose what you want to sacrifice. But still, Not a fan of this feature because It still take away a Warframe's uniqueness. 

Theyve+been+a+thing+since+the+closed+bet

Edited by JasonKoh
  • Like 2

I also feel this is a sort of unintended $&*^ move. Having to regrind Equinox, Mesa, Atlas and many others all over again just doesn't make me feel good for the upcoming content, even tho I am excited for questline and Xaku.

Would be great if the player has had the basic frames leveled up and within codex, that they would be accessible or returnable somehow, otherwise I'd rather just play something else once the meaty part of the upcoming content is finished rather than going back to those farms.

1 hour ago, Vesiga said:

You can only do it to the normal frames. Which are "mass produced" from the foundry, so they're NOTHING like Umbra. So it's prolly fine

I'll hold my reservations on that. Remember, any frame that was Stalkered in the Second Dream still broke War on their own.

Edited by Acersecomic
  • Like 2

Please do NOT allow Limbo to be fed to the Helminth Chrysalis!!

I'm already seeing chatter on the discord servers that I am apart of how people want to use his Banish & Stasis abilities to troll people or further drive his image into the dirt.

Poor Limbo already has a bad enough rap as it is and has been nerfed already. It would be a shame to see this latest update be a cause to ruin his kit any further.

DE has already stated that the Helminth is a picky eater and that if you feed it certain thing it becomes upset and/or angry.
It could easily be explained that consuming a Limbo Warframe is not to the Helminth Chrysalis' tastes, it would prevent player's from being abused by these abilities, and save Limbo from future nerfs.

- Otherwise I love ALL of the points that you bring up Aceofgods and I think these would be fantastic features to add to the system, ease some of the time-gating, and make it more engaging! 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Yeah.... I was thinking about it and I think Cloud Walker is probably the most logical choice. It is incredible movement but it doesn't just give you a 300% damage specter.

Sweet heal and escape for squishy frames

Doubt it will be defy because the use of the staff would seem to be limited to Wukong only

Edited by Zzz-Somnus-zzZ