Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

We know about volt shock (damage buff with the aug), mag pull (greedy pull might be something for some frame), nezha firewalker (confirmed by pablo) and saryn molt (also confirmed by pablo). Those 4 abilities are already not bad.

Waiting to see if Hydroid can cast subbed abilities while in undertow.

Mag Pulling everything into the undertow slurp slurp slurp.

Ok, here is the list of potential abilities that each frame might give for subsuming.

I just removed the ulti, which we know will not be eligible, and kept the abilities that were said to be the ones for subsuming (Volt shock, Saryn molt, Nezha fire walker, etc.)

Each frame will -should- have one, and only one, ability for subsuming. On that ability, augment will work.

Personnally, looking forward to this new system...

Warframe           1             2             3

Ash        Shuriken    Smoke Screen  Teleport

Atlas      Landslide            Tectonics            Petrify

Banshee              Sonic Boom        Sonar    Silence

Baruuk Elude    Lull         Desolate Hands

Chroma               Spectral scream              Elemental Ward               Vex Armor

Ember  Fireball Immolation        Fireblast

Equinox               Metamorphosis               Rest&Rage         Pacify&Provoke

Excalibur             Slash dash          Radial Blind        Radial Javelin

Frost     Freeze  Ice Wave             Snow Globe

Gara      Shattered Lash Splinter Storm  Spectorage

Garuda Dread Mirror     Blood Altar         Blood letting

Gauss   Mach rush          Kinetic Plating   Thermal Sunder

Grendel               Feast     Nourish               Regurgitate

Harrow Condemn           Penance              Thurible

Hildryn Balefire                Pillage   Haven

Hydroid               Tempest barrage            Tidal Surge         Undertow

Inaros   Dessication        Devour Sandstorm

Ivara      Quiver  Navigator            Prowl

Khora    Whipclaw            Ensnare               Venari

Limbo   Banish  Stasis    Riftsurge

Loki        Decoy   Invisibility           Switch Teleport

Mag       Pull                       

Mesa    Ballistic battery Shooting gallery               Shatter shield

Mirage Hall of mirros     Sleight of hand Eclipse

Nekros Soul punch         Terrify 

Nezha   Fire walker                        

Nidus    Virulence            Larva     Parasitic link

Nova     Null star               Antimatter drop              Worm Hole

Nyx        Mind control     Psychic bolts      Chaos

Oberon                Smite    Hallowed ground            Renewal

Octavia Mallet   Resonator          Metronome

Protea  Grenade fan      Blaze artillery    Dispensary

Revenant            Enthrall                Mesmer skin     Reave

Rhino    Rhino charge     Iron skin              Roar

Saryn    Molt                     

Titania  Spellbind             Tribute Lantern

Trinity   Well of life          Energy vampire               Link

Valkyr   Rip line Warcry Paralysis

Vauban                Tesla nervos      Minelayer           PhotonStrike

Volt       Shock                  

Wisp      Reservoirs          Will-o-wisp         Breach surge

Wukong              Celestial twin    Cloud walker     Defy

Zephyr Tail wind              Airburst               Turbulence

I mean, I doubt many people have a regular warframe for every primed warframe they have, or a duplicate for every warframe that doesn't have a prime yet, to do it anyway.

And you're going to need to hit max rank with the Helminth for unlimited slots anyway.

*And* it's going to take a lot of resources to just put one frame in there.

So yeah it's gonna be a lot longer than 44 days for most people.

52 minutes ago, ZenHare said:

The thing is that DE has to pick one of four powers for each warframe and some frames have no weak abilities or their weak ability is their ultimate. So, I predict that 90% of players will use the same small handful of abilities. So, DE will most likely pull this back for rework or nerf it heavily, e.g. a borrowed ability is only 50% as effective as the original.

Wukong Im looking at you!

Comments on your list Pumba.

Banshee              
    Sonic Boom (the worst so likely)    
    Sonar (too good)
    Silence

Ember  
    Fireball (nice little damage buff for some frames with augment)
    Immolation (too good)    
    Fireblast (nice little heal for some frames with augment)

Garuda     
    Dread Mirror     
    Blood Altar (most likely?)         
    Blood letting (too nice)

Khora    
    Whipclaw (way too nice with augment)            
    Ensnare (the weakest so likely)               
    Venari (signature)

Mag       
    Pull (the worst so obviously)                       

Mirage
    Hall of mirrors (too good with augment)    
    Sleight of hand (way too good with augment)
    Eclipse (too good)

Nova     
    Null star (too good)               
    Antimatter drop              
    Worm Hole (the worst so likely)

Nyx        
    Mind control  (toss between these two)    
    Psychic bolts (toss between these two)
    Chaos (signature)

Octavia
    Mallet (most likely?)  
    Resonator          
    Metronome (signature and no mandachord anyways)

Protea  
    Grenade fan (too good)      
    Blaze artillery (too good)    
    Dispensary (too good)

Saryn    
    Molt                     

Titania  
    Spellbind (meh)
    Tribute (meh)
    Lantern (meh))

Trinity   
    Well of life (likely)          
    Energy vampire (way too nice)              
    Link (way too nice)

Valkyr   
    Rip line (the worst so likely)
    Warcry
    Paralysis

Wisp      
    Reservoirs (way too nice)         
    Will-o-wisp (the worst so likely)        
    Breach surge

Zephyr
    Tail wind (the worst so likely)             
    Airburst               
    Turbulence (too nice)

19 hours ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

damn I'm so speechless...

Everyone will be unique now. Imagine the possibilities. The grind will be well worth it.

thoughts?

Absolutely agree. As long as they don't butcher it from what we've been show and told on pablo tweets, i can see having lots of fun with it and spending time in it. Thankfully long term players are being rewarded for their efforts too since they can feed Helminth with all their stocked up resources. 

33 minutes ago, Syln said:

I love the idea but in the mean time i think that it strip every warframes from their identity, i rather have an helminth original pool of power each with their own specificity and look so that you still get the possibility to replace some useless power without making warframe using each other skill (which for some reasons unsettle me).

You can only swap out a single power. Warframes will still have their passive and 3 other abilities. If a Warframe only has one good ability that defines them, then it probably needs a rework. 

1 minute ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

You can only swap out a single power. Warframes will still have their passive and 3 other abilities. If a Warframe only has one good ability that defines them, then it probably needs a rework. 

Inaros *cough cough*

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Absolutely agree. As long as they don't butcher it from what we've been show and told on pablo tweets, i can see having lots of fun with it and spending time in it. Thankfully long term players are being rewarded for their efforts too since they can feed Helminth with all their stocked up resources. 

butcher by only giving basic damage attacks and no utility skills?

19 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Basically they're allowing us to use a warframe ability in a certain frame in the expense of sacrificing that warframe you get the ability from.

This could make or break warframe lol

I am expecting for things to get pretty broken and super fun 😃

Though, some elements of the system are still unclear. I know DE mentioned some skill(s) will be locked. I am unsure is it one skill or multiple from each frame. Some frames have multiple strong skills. Example from Tenno con, Volt. Skill 1 and 4 won't really do much. DE put shock on Exciluber, which do es not matter. But skill 2 & 3 will be very broken on nearly every other frame. Every frame now is Eidolon hunter. Just drop volt shield (though I assume it will be the locked skill for Volt). But that still leaves skill 2, which can nearly double the damage of most melee frames. How about Mesa skill 2&3. My Banshee has survivability issues? Just drop Mesa skill 3. How about dropping that on Inaros. I always thought Inaros need 90% damage reduction 😎.

I guess the next dev stream will clear things a bit.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:
Though, some elements of the system are still unclear. I know DE mentioned some skill(s) will be locked. I am unsure is it one skill or multiple from each frame. Some frames have multiple strong skills. Example from Tenno con, Volt. Skill 1 and 4 won't really do much. DE put shock on Exciluber, which do es not matter. But skill 2 & 3 will be very broken on nearly every other frame. Every frame now is Eidolon hunter. Just drop volt shield (though I assume it will be the locked skill for Volt). But that still leaves skill 2, which can nearly double the damage of most melee frames. How about Mesa skill 2&3. My Banshee has survivability issues? Just drop Mesa skill 3. How about dropping that on Inaros. I always thought Inaros need 90% damage reduction

😎.

Volt 1 exists and this is enough to understand that we can get an electric damage boost from augment on any frame.

4 hours ago, Samhel said:

The Helminth Chrysalis system is undoubtedly the most interesting gameplay system that comes with the Heart of Deimos update, but as far as I see it, we can only get some low dps abilities for frames like shock, ice wave or things like these. Whose gonna even use pull or shock that they showed us anyway? I mean, this system, could make builds so much more interesting, but with these abilities I don't know if it's worth the time to farm out frames just for sacraficing them... What does excalibur give us then? Slash Dash? ;-;

Most likely the only abilities you get from sacrificing a warframe is the ability that everyone using that frame would replace with something better. So, not likely.

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but did anyone notice that in the stream, the Pull ability showed unranked stats? As in, not a rank 30 Mag's Pull stats, but an unranked Mag's Pull stats.

I'm hoping these abilities aren't all going to be the unranked versions... That would really suck.

2 hours ago, ZenHare said:

The thing is that DE has to pick one of four powers for each warframe and some frames have no weak abilities or their weak ability is their ultimate. So, I predict that 90% of players will use the same small handful of abilities. So, DE will most likely pull this back for rework or nerf it heavily, e.g. a borrowed ability is only 50% as effective as the original.

I agree. I personally think, for my taste and gameplay experience, that warframes like Protea, Khora, Mirage have full useful and strong kits and any of their abilities will be a fine addition for any other warframe I use so I'm looking forward to them, whichever they are. If they end up nerfing borrowed abilities they will straight up kill the sacrifice system because you're giving up a mediocre ability slot for another mediocre one, you're not really gaining a 5th ability. It is gonna be a mess to balance for sure.

My other concern is about abilities that have synergy within their own full kit, like Limbo, Grendel or Octavia. Their abilites are linked to each other and, when casted separatedly, are somewhat pointless.

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Exactly. Why do they even make games?!

Right? How dare they?! And if they did, who would play such stupid things? Certainly not people who constantly say that the game itself and the devs who make it are trash and yet still play it every day and keep coming back and complaining on the forums all the time. Certainly not those people... no sir. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I think any warframe ability put into Limbo becomes super broken. Even the most basic abilities like Excal's Slash Dash or Atlas Avalanche become broken on Limbo. Just dash into the rift and then spam the infused power.

Avalanche is Frost's ult so no. Atlas 1st? most probably no too, or they can just nerf rebalance it. And how can it be broken if it does no damage? Yea sit in the rift and dash into every enemy 50 times to kill it - looks great :crylaugh: 

Most 1st powers don't scale and useless on high lvl enemies. And I expect that powerful abilities and augments (like elemental buffs probably) will be adjusted before release anyway .

10 minutes ago, Viges said:

And I expect that powerful abilities and augments (like elemental buffs probably) will be adjusted before release anyway .

The main thing is that it is justified. If elemental buffs are nerf for everyone just because rhino can do a lot of damage, it will be wrong because other frames can't do it. On the other hand, Saryn has the ability to damage buff as a toxin and augment as damage buff as a corrosion, but no one is talking about it. The only thing to do, I think, is to prohibit the installation of augments of one group.

7 hours ago, Zzz-Somnus-zzZ said:

Sweet heal and escape for squishy frames

Doubt it will be defy because the use of the staff would seem to be limited to Wukong only

Right.

Additionally there are a number of abilities that seem very illogical to function outside of their original frame.

Nidus, grendal, gauss, limbo for example. Their entire kits work too synergistically or are dependent on functionality with qualities of the warframe that would need to transfer as well.

Just now, Leqesai said:
Nidus, grendal, gauss, limbo for example. Their entire kits work too synergistically or are dependent on functionality with qualities of the warframe that would need to transfer as well.

I think they will be reworked to give a universal thing.

39 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but did anyone notice that in the stream, the Pull ability showed unranked stats? As in, not a rank 30 Mag's Pull stats, but an unranked Mag's Pull stats.

I'm hoping these abilities aren't all going to be the unranked versions... That would really suck.

I doubt that they will be unranked versions.

Archived