Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

1 minute ago, selig_fay said:

I think they will be reworked to give a universal thing.

They would have to be. 

The only limbo ability i could see working with this is banish but if you cant go into the rift it would be really weird, functionally.

And nidus 2nd ability is the only logical choice since it doesnt interact with his stacks mechanic. 

Grendel is a weird one because feast is the only ability that doesnt rely on ingested enemies. But why would you use feast without his other abilities... seems really odd to me.

This is assuming they dont integrate some kind of functionality adjustments.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:
Grendel is a weird one because feast is the only ability that doesnt rely on ingested enemies. But why would you use feast without his other abilities... seems really odd to me.

On account of the Grendel is actually very strange. I think we will only get the ability of 1 of its buffs, because I don't think it will be possible to do the wheel mechanics, since this will be a problem for frames that already have this mechanics.

53 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

On account of the Grendel is actually very strange. I think we will only get the ability of 1 of its buffs, because I don't think it will be possible to do the wheel mechanics, since this will be a problem for frames that already have this mechanics.

I mean... The wheel mechanic is still dependent on having used feast to ingest a target. 

If we're given a nourish ability without the requirement for an ingested target then one could make the argument that it is actually better than the original ability.

I just cannot see them using any ability other than Feast for Grendel. 

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

I just cannot see them using any ability other than Feast for Grendel. 

I have a feeling abilities will be adjusted to not be too OP or to fit into frames. Similar to how they reworked healing abilities to work on defense objectives so all work but aren't too overpowered.

3 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I mean, I doubt many people have a regular warframe for every primed warframe they have

Wait, you mean most Warframe players aren't obsessive hoarders who don't sell the original even once they have the prime? My clanmate and I have started farming duplicates of everything because we can't bear to use up Rank 30 stuff.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:
I have a feeling abilities will be adjusted to not be too OP or to fit into frames. Similar to how they reworked healing abilities to work on defense objectives so all work but aren't too overpowered.

If this is the same as healing on defensive targets, then we will get a useless system. I mean, it's still a fail. I understand that people are afraid for the balance, but it seems to me that it is better to let it be a little stronger than completely useless.

1 minute ago, selig_fay said:

If this is the same as healing on defensive targets, then we will get a useless system. I mean, it's still a fail. I understand that people are afraid for the balance, but it seems to me that it is better to let it be a little stronger than completely useless.

I agree with you but i'm trying to not overhype myself if we end up getting disappointed. We all know that tennocons are pure hype material and in the end we're usually disappointed. I do hope that this isn't the case but we'll have to see.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:
I agree with you but i'm trying to not overhype myself if we end up getting disappointed. We all know that tennocons are pure hype material and in the end we're usually disappointed. I do hope that this isn't the case but we'll have to see.

Well, I think if it's the way they said it, which is "we can sacrifice a frame that will give us one ability that can be integrated into another frame," then I'll be fine with that. I mean, Yes, it can only be trash abilities, but OK, I have one trash ability in my frame that I don't like and I can swap it for another trash ability that just gives me fun. I mean, it's also going to be okay in its own way. 

The only thing I'm afraid of is that people are now talking about it being "very strong and other things" and DE won't look at the fact that abilities might be weak and will just add CD on top of energy consumption. I mean, maybe this would work for strong abilities, but it makes the system useless if the abilities are weak and have to be spam to be even slightly effective.

48 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Well, I think if it's the way they said it, which is "we can sacrifice a frame that will give us one ability that can be integrated into another frame," then I'll be fine with that. I mean, Yes, it can only be trash abilities, but OK, I have one trash ability in my frame that I don't like and I can swap it for another trash ability that just gives me fun. I mean, it's also going to be okay in its own way. 

The only thing I'm afraid of is that people are now talking about it being "very strong and other things" and DE won't look at the fact that abilities might be weak and will just add CD on top of energy consumption. I mean, maybe this would work for strong abilities, but it makes the system useless if the abilities are weak and have to be spam to be even slightly effective.

I don't think the system is intended as a way to make frames more powerful. I think the argument that there will be balance adjustments and/or the weakest abilities from each frame being the ones that transfer has pretty sound logical sense.

I am hoping this system is more of a further form of customization than something to make frames noticeably more powerful. People are going to be disappointed when it is released, I think, because the hype is unrealistic given DE's track record.

7 hours ago, Kaokasalis said:

One thing that worries me however is that DE said it will take 24 hours to consume a frame fully. Currently there are 43 normal frames in the game which will be 44 when Xaku arrives. That's 44 days to unlock all abilities

You're assuming you can have a library of as many as you want, and don't either have to buy Helminth slots or level it to gain additional slots. For all we know you only get one per level or something.

It's going to take 4 days to build each of these frames anyway, and lots are going to have abilities you don't really want.

I'd wait for the dev workshop before worrying about build time.

I'm reminded of folks, going back to late 2017, demanding that I use a specific ability (identified by button), then being disappointed when I pressed that button...and got a different ability because layout is subjective. This infusion thing...this is gonna add some more chaos if folks start demanding certain abilities be used, never mind if a certain button be pressed. 😆 Which reminds me, I suggested the ability to link controller layouts...but that's for a different day.

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

It's going to take 4 days to build each of these frames anyway, and lots are going to have abilities you don't really want.

Yeah, but I can be building every single frame at once and they can be sitting in foundry in ready state, not even consuming a slot. I've already started this massive build project, and I'm sure many other end-game players have as well. So a lot of people will have majority of the frames ready in their foundry and enough open slots to go at least a few at a time.

That said, I'm not personally bothered by the fact that it won't be an instant process, and I'm even ok with one frame at a time - though, it'd be nice to have the duration shifted to 23 hours for the same reason as forma builds. Main reason I'm building everything is to have options once the list of abilities is finalized, so that I can start with the ones that I really want, and progress to the others later.

But the fact that it takes time to build a frame just isn't an argument here. Even if you start 4 days before the release of Heart of Deimos, you can have every single frame built in time. Theoretically. In practice, yes, some of these will require longer prep, and I'm glad I have 3 weeks to hunt down some of the parts I'm missing. Nonetheless, I expect I'll be among these who will have everything ready to go on drop.

While it's nice to finally see something in this manner, I'm afraid that it may fall short.

As we know it will be 1 ability per frame that we can add to the list and I worry that majority of those may end up being useless with only a handful of abilities that are decent.

If we had a selection of 2-3 abilities then it would make things a bit more worthwhile.

I've suggested this feature for years.

One of the most common complaints I hear is "I've got everything I want to use all ranked up and forma'd, now what?".  Well, if you aren't a collector, you're kind of out of luck.

The chrysalis system definitely changes things up, and I hope DE continues to look over and iterate on their core systems like this to add more progression and customization to our favorite frames and weapons.  Between this and the return to cinematic quests with new environments and enemies, it seems like a true return to form for DE and the more classic updates.

Not sure yet if it's enough to make me come back to the game and play like I used to, and I'll hold judgement until I see the final implementation, but I'm so happy that it appears that they are listening.

so far we have only been shown of the simpler damage powers we can subsume (molt being the exception). While im sure theres players hoping to get nuke abilities on their favorite frames, im personally hoping for more utility abilities to fill much needed holes in my fav frames. Im personally hopping for a travel ability such as tailwind or cloud walker. Or an area defensive bubble ability such as snowglobe.

What are some utility powers yall are hoping for to fill holes in ur fav frames?

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

They would have to be. 

The only limbo ability i could see working with this is banish but if you cant go into the rift it would be really weird, functionally.

And nidus 2nd ability is the only logical choice since it doesnt interact with his stacks mechanic. 

This is assuming they dont integrate some kind of functionality adjustments.

Banish would be insane on Excal because his exalted blade goes through the rift. A lot of abilities go through the rift.

I'd love teleport or wormhole. My go-to is Limbo, and more space/time shenaniganry is good as far as I'm concerned. Alternatively, that weapon-stealing power from the Broken Frame (Xaku I think his name is?) would also be suitably magic for me.

Archived