Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

Il y a 1 heure, kgabor a dit :

It's more likely we get Ash's invis instead.

Teleport would be too strong and it's the weakest invis ability, so DE would probably see this as the optional ability.

Despite its relative uselessness, it could open for some niche possibilities with the augment.

But Teleport would be sick on Banshee, with Savage Silence and Fatal Teleport damage bonuses stacking.

This would make me want to build another Banshee just for that specialized op build, will never happen though.

The idea was that Grineer can teleport behind the player using Twin Basolk. Making Ash's Teleport not that much of a signature move.
Like Commander which can also use Loki's Switch Teleport.

It's just speculation, but Ash invisibility use smoke screen, and he throws shuriken with his 1st ability. Both are fairly linked to his "Ninja Assassin" theme. Out of the 3 the teleport is the one that has the less tie with this theme, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I want Passives...

In Addition to that I want all significant Damage and Survivability abilities to NOT be transferable. Yes... That includes Volt's Shock ability with The Augment...

Contrary to popular belief I would choose Abilities that make the game more fun rather than deal more damage.

Id take Nova's Wormhole over Rhino Roar anyday... 

If I did want more Damage I would just do what I always do... COMPLAIN !!! 😎

I'd like to replace Nyx's Psychic Bolts (which I hate for being such a boring power with horrible new sound effect) with either Celestial Twin or Mesmer Skin.

Celestial Twin for even more fun with the theme of "who is the real tenno", and Mesmer Skin for the survivability as well as thematic synergy (eg first of all being hard to hit, and then enemies that do hit you get stunned).

If it's possible to replace Absorb, I'd even do that and put both these abilities in the place of 2 and 4 - because it would be a hell of a lot more fun to play! 🙂

On 2020-08-01 at 7:59 PM, Klokwerkaos said:

I feel like judging this mechanic ahead of time is a bit pointless.

Yeah, prime upgrades you would want to ditch the lower frame for years... but grinding out old frames should be a breeze for any vets.

Additionally it's likely we'll see that certain warframes will shine superior to others.  Like I can't imagine possibly ever adding "shock" to any frame.  That ability blows chunks.

It's possible they will always pick the worst possible ability for any given frame, and then we're stuck with a system that does nothing much.

If it's not that though, like probably five frames will have the best abilities that are useful in most situations.  Consider nova who has all abilities besides her ult that are super useful to any dump slot on any frame build because you either get a direct damage buff to guns, a damage reduction, or a teleportation, all of which are super useful.

IDK, even the "worst ability" on quite a few frames will be useful, and the "worst ability" is a sliding scale between frames, ie replacing one frame's worst ability with the worst ability from another will be a net-gain for that frame. Theoretically, only one frame will have the "best" worst ability, meaning every other frame will have a better option to pick from. This is of course ignoring synergy, ie a really bad ability on one frame might be Meta on a different frame. Long story short, I don't think there is a way this system could ever be pointless, just based on what we know so far. Looking at the confirmed abilities, we already have Nezha's fire walker. That's a straight buff for any frame with low mobility or CC. Molts augment (remember, they said we can use augments) allows for heals, something most frames do not have an option for. Volts Shock Trooper allows buffing friends with some dps, allowing otherwise selfish frames to now give buffs to teammates. The possibilities are nearly endless here. 43 frames, 43 abilities (43+ augments). The sheer amount of permutations is staggering. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, K1yosh1 said:

rhino iron skin/ nezha 3 on mirage imagine

As far as we know there will be at least 1 locked skill from each frame that cannot be transferred (maybe more). I am certain that Iron skill will be locked. In Nezha case, not sure. Some frames though have multiple strong skills, so will see how that works out. 

21 hours ago, SweetAnubis said:

Inaros *cough cough*

butcher by only giving basic damage attacks and no utility skills?

They've already confirmed firewalker for Nezha and molt for Saryn, and many frames don't even have a "basic damage" skill. Plus, you absolutely must consider augments with this. Shock might be a "basic damage" skill, but Shock Trooper definitely isn't, same goes for frost's Ice Wave. The only useless ability they've confirmed is pull lol, which is basically the bottom of the barrel, abilities only get stronger from there minus a few like Chroma and Nyx. The rest that have been confirmed I can already see uses for, and there are 38 abilities yet to be revealed. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Authoritycat:

IDK, even the "worst ability" on quite a few frames will be useful, and the "worst ability" is a sliding scale between frames, ie replacing one frame's worst ability with the worst ability from another will be a net-gain for that frame. Theoretically, only one frame will have the "best" worst ability, meaning every other frame will have a better option to pick from. This is of course ignoring synergy, ie a really bad ability on one frame might be Meta on a different frame. Long story short, I don't think there is a way this system could ever be pointless, just based on what we know so far. Looking at the confirmed abilities, we already have Nezha's fire walker. That's a straight buff for any frame with low mobility or CC. Molts augment (remember, they said we can use augments) allows for heals, something most frames do not have an option for. Volts Shock Trooper allows buffing friends with some dps, allowing otherwise selfish frames to now give buffs to teammates. The possibilities are nearly endless here. 43 frames, 43 abilities (43+ augments). The sheer amount of permutations is staggering. 

Yet limtied as they said, signature moves and ultis, makign this limited liek Zaws and Kitguns, peopel will go for another meta build with this i fear and onyl usign certain abiltiys while others still get ignored, instead of buffing we get this poor mans excuse of a system, on top of robbign the frames there identity, what is the point of Warframe trailers if there purpsoe why they were made suddenly can be shifted partly into other frames? Another lore down the drain.

Besides we stil lpaly the same starchart only in different level varietys, Deimos will be another Open world attempt seemingly which i nmy eyes not works for Warframe, yet new content with new gameplay we rarely get, just new frames to replay the same old missions, now we goten this poor excuse on top of newer frames, thhe mess gets bigger and bigger, odler frames never wil lgeta rework now because this can be used as excuse now to be used with the Helmith system now.

The point is not it being pointless but rather feels swallow, how does it fele diffrent if i remove oen ability for another, why play that Warframe if i can use one ability on another Frame, why have any variety at all still if peopel will only use the "useful" ones if there is even any.

I like this game for it's variety but it becaem more dead each update, new metas, no balance, and yes you need balance also in non-pvp games for obvious reason to not break things and have a certain playtime. Now we getting this and it feels like they given up, liek they not want to rework more so they give this, after 3-4 years havign the Helmith room we getting this for it? DE lost its touch as much i still love them over many other companys.

Perosnal opinion, i will ignore this system just like i ignore Eidolons, Arbitration and Steel Path. I play and enjoy what i have, new frames ok to try, this system feels lik try and error, sacrifcie a frame get its ability only to notice it not works as well with what you wanted or so, try again.

Again most thing pissing me of, variety is dead with a meta will come with it for sure, while identity fo frames will be lost, why make new frames at all then? Just drop abiitys for it while we at it. No need for new frames right? Just sell skins instead for all frames i guess.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

As far as we know there will be at least 1 locked skill from each frame that cannot be transferred (maybe more). I am certain that Iron skill will be locked. In Nezha case, not sure. Some frames though have multiple strong skills, so will see how that works out. 

No it's 1 ability from each frame. 43 abilities in total, and you can add only 1 to a frame at a time. Anything more than this would be too much. 

Personally i would love to see some "kind of useful" abilities extracted from the frames, not just those situational, but almost useless abilities like Frost, Volt, Mag, frist abilities. I just want some utility, survivability, and power.

[DE] Let us break the game a bit

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Authoritycat said:

I did specifically say this at the end by giving nova as an example... what are you trying to convince me of exactly?

1 hour ago, FaridRLz said:

Personally i would love to see some "kind of useful" abilities extracted from the frames, not just those situational, but almost useless abilities like Frost, Volt, Mag, frist abilities. I just want some utility, survivability, and power.

[DE] Let us break the game a bit

On Chinese devstream, Wuclone was shown as a donated ability. So it can be fun.

Edited by selig_fay

Im looking forward to it, but im a little nervous since some frames need synergy from all their abilities to even function, and some abilities are just going to be useless no matter who theyre on. Things like chromas 1 for example. At the same time if you gave say vex armor to inaros instead of sandstorm he'd be neigh invincible and highly damaging with ways to restore his high hp pool back

11 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Semi-joke, but could we make a Warframe into the Avatar?

Base warframe: Atlas

Sub Frame: Frost/Hydroid

Weapon: Ignis Wraith

Not sure how to add Air

Edited by Ender140

Hey folks.

You should bear in mind that screenshots of this system pre-launch are very likely dev-build experiments and are not always indicative of a final choice. We’ll be making a Dev Workshop post (around the 13th or 14th of August) about the final approved powers list before we release on the 25th, however.

• Like 60
4 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey folks.

You should bear in mind that screenshots of this system pre-launch are very likely dev-build experiments and are not always indicative of a final choice. We’ll be making a Dev Workshop post (around the 13th or 14th of August) about the final approved powers list before we release on the 25th, however.

Thank you for the clarification.

29 minutes ago, 1OfTheUndying said:

Rhino's Iron Skin
Volt's Speed
Loki's Invisibility
and Titania's Razorwing

I'm sure none of those will be universally available. Razorwing is an ult and the rest are definitely signature powers (the most useful powers of their respective warframes). It's unfortunate because that means the only universal invisibility ability will probably be Ivara's Navigator (or maybe her 1, but I doubt it since it adds a UI element).

I think that realistically, most of the older warframes like Rhino, Volt, and Loki will not give anything too useful (Their 1 abilities) whereas newer warframes like Harrow, Mirage, Titania, or Equinox all have decent abilities that could benefit a lot of other warframes since none of them have damage abilities but rather self/ally buffs and enemy debuffs.

Edit: To answer the OP, I would use any ability from Harrow, Mirage, Titania, or Equinox to replace Wisp's 4.

Edited by Nuhauskis
  • Like 1

For max synergies, all the infusion powers (Eg, corrosive-Volt, gas-Ember, ect).
For debuffing and orbs, Nezha's 2, even though it won't have all his other synergies with it.

Volt's shield.

Anything from Nidus's/Garuda's/Khora's kit.

Edited by TheArcSet