Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

6 hours ago, Nuhauskis said:

I'm sure none of those will be universally available. Razorwing is an ult and the rest are definitely signature powers (the most useful powers of their respective warframes). It's unfortunate because that means the only universal invisibility ability will probably be Ivara's Navigator (or maybe her 1, but I doubt it since it adds a UI element).

oh, I doubt they will as well, but OP asked what we would want on a single Frame, so I gave as asked.

On 2020-08-02 at 3:38 AM, NaoEthelia said:

They're doing this to prevent players from burning themselves out. Good game design won't fix this, because contrary to popular belief, you can still burn yourself out regardless if the activity is fun or rewarding.

and wether someone burns themselves out on something should be up to the player if they want to do it. 

it should be entirely up to me if i want to spend say 24 straight hours grinding out Rep for a faction to get it done and out of the way or to balance it out with 1 hour of rep farming each day for 24 days, that decision should NEVER be made for the player, which is what DE has done and its terrible. let me farm whatever i want to my hearts content long as i can stand said grind. dont limit me. 

7 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey folks.

You should bear in mind that screenshots of this system pre-launch are very likely dev-build experiments and are not always indicative of a final choice. We’ll be making a Dev Workshop post (around the 13th or 14th of August) about the final approved powers list before we release on the 25th, however.

ty for clarifying on that!!!

my hopes for cloud walk are back now XD

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

I can't use Ivara's Navigator on anything except the Kuva Ayanga -- the speed is too fast for me otherwise and I suck at non-stationary flight sims. Also, her Artemis bow seems redundant (to me) versus her 1, so I hardly use it. Maybe replace one with Banshee's Sonar.

On a relative note, starting with Zaws (for Warframe), I had a growing worry about direction, distance, and shelving/recycling. Right now, the Chrysalis ability infusion -- which kinda realizes my fusionframe joke -- is another block atop my Jenga tower of worry.

What are you responding to, from my post? I was not talking about replacing navigator. I was saying it is the most likely ability to be extracted from Ivara..

Also, I'm not sure my post was the one to quote regarding the irrational worry you have with new systems being implemented in the game. I've not been a part of this discussion whatsoever and have only been commenting on the viability/curiosities related to certain abilities being pulled from warframes.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Just saying what I'd replace on Ivara, @Leqesai. And the worry was in regards to my earlier joke about Avatar Prime. Apologies for the confusion and lack of separation.

Ahhhhh I understand now. I was very confused when I initially read your response.

2 hours ago, AandOE said:

No, no, no.... what we REALLY need is Well of Life on every frame. Because. I don't know why, but why not.

I'd actually like to trade Oberon's 1 for this move, in order to make him a more utilitarian healer. Either that, or put that move on Harrow to expand his kit more as a dedicated support Frame.

And honestly, I'd wish they'd throw balance out the window on this one. Give us 3 more 'NG+' levels with Steel Path as part of the trade. Or enable Nightmare versions of Steel Path missions with both a Nightmare Modifier and a Sortie Modifier. This way we can find more and more challenging enemies to fight for these insanely powerful builds.

I remember something like - we can neither choose ultimates or "signature abilitys" from a frame.

more important questions would be like : is there a possibility to dismantle multiple frames at once ? or do we have to wait the 24 hours, til one frame is consumed, to be able to consume another one ? .. and most important question of all : does a frame need to be max rank to do so ?

hace 1 hora, kulow dijo:

I remember something like - we can neither choose ultimates or "signature abilitys" from a frame.

more important questions would be like : is there a possibility to dismantle multiple frames at once ? or do we have to wait the 24 hours, til one frame is consumed, to be able to consume another one ? .. and most important question of all : does a frame need to be max rank to do so ?

1- you cant choose abilities 
2- no, only one each 24 hours 
3- yes wait 24h and dismantle another 
4- No, you dont need to max it (even the demo showed mag lvl 0 and pablo confirmed you dont need to lvl up)

I love how so many distinctly different topics just got buried into this abomination of a thread.

Well since I can only assume this is where my topic went and where this reply will get sent if it was made anew.....

I just realized why they are holding off till the ~27th (daemos street date) to make the changes to the Simaris Syndicate price tables and it's consoles. While DE could thanos snap those changes on PC like well a thanos snap, consoles would likely require some level of cert. And since if any of the platforms can't have it then it wouldn't be "fair" and as such no platform gets the update until launch. 

Which pushes everyone's frontloading farm back as far as possible unless they want to spend double the syndicate standing in the interim.

good times, good times.....

While watching the event, I thought to myself "Oh boy, they can´t anticipate the chaos this will cause"!

I am 100% sure there will be so many broken combinations of donated abilities in combination with their augments, causing literally immortal frames or insane damage boosters. And some frame´s synergies are tied so closely together that ripping out a single one wouldn´t make any sense at all (Yes, looking at you, Octavia)

I could imagine though, that they might exclude a few warframes from the donation list for that reason.

What would otherwise be the alternative to fix "broken OP builds"? Nerf the whole ability? Very unlikely. Nerf the helminth system (-% of efficiency)? Simply disallow certain combinations? What would happen to already fused frames in this case? I somehow feel a little uncomfortable with the whole idea^^

Now, one question though: They did say that prime frames cannot be consumed. But can prime frames be "upgraded"? Or does the whole system only allow modifications of non prime frames?

2 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

While watching the event, I thought to myself "Oh boy, they can´t anticipate the chaos this will cause"!

I am 100% sure there will be so many broken combinations of donated abilities in combination with their augments, causing literally immortal frames or insane damage boosters.

I could imagine though, that they might exclude a few warframes from the donation list for that reason.

Now, one question though: They did say that prime frames cannot be consumed. But can prime frames be "upgraded"? Or does the whole system only allow modifications of non prime frames?

Yes, they said your prime frames can be upgraded using this system.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I dont see that happening to be honest.....likely it will be Gauss#3 being sacrificed. 

Kinds wanna put Ripline on Excal and make a Scorpion build.

Well if Nezha´s firewalker is confirmed, can you imagine Volt´s speed and damage output with his Speed ability, firewalker in combimation with his passive?

And there we already have a first big "?" 

Will Nezhas firewalker (damage caused by the flames) be affected by Volt´s passive (5 electricity damage per 1 meter traveled)? So rush for 1000 damage, recast firewalker, burn down the whole map, rinse and repeat?

Oh boy.

On 2020-08-03 at 9:54 AM, K-Squared said:

I'm glad I have 3 weeks to hunt down some of the parts I'm missing.

Me too. Although "some of the parts I'm missing" includes about 1.8 million standing with Cephalon Simaris so it's going to take me more than 3 weeks to get a duplicate of all the frames.

First, let me just say this is a salt post. 

DE Hyping New Content: 
unknown.png

DE on Stream: 
"Well actually that sounded too cool to include signature abilities so we're not gonna do that." 

Let us use cool abilities on our favorite frames. Go bold. Once you have end game gear it hardly matters anyway because all the stuff melts to weapons regardless. And bosses are immune to many powers and procs.   

il y a 5 minutes, Balegrim a dit :

I made an edit because apparently hitting control and enter automatically posts. 

I've been there.

I once pressed Tab to write bullet points, and then pressed enter and it got posted... 

There is something not right about this whole thing.

1) where can I find "signature ability" clearly stated in wiki for example for each frame?

2) when i google this, first warframe forum post is gone already - why? deleted, removed, censored?! So it is what - whatever DE says and you are not allowed to even discuss it?!

3) I bet "best" abilities will be chosen to be donated - one ability per frame. I mean, why even bother with this to then just spit in players face and make available only ability no one wants on the frame in first place

Archived