Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

9 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

I've been there.

I once pressed Tab to write bullet points, and then pressed enter and it got posted... 

I am glad to not be alone.

But yeah, honestly with the exception of bosses everything gets melted anyway through weapons. Many enemies are immune to certain status procs and warframe abilities, or they only work with reduced effectiveness. And by the time you're at a point in the game where you're slaying, well, having a celestial twin atlas or whatever doesn't make a huge difference. I can be forced to pick a frame I like less for a mission because it has better suited abilities, but that seems to undermine the point of what this system is supposed to do. And personally? I just wanna be able to get celestial twin on any frame I want because I enjoy doppelgangers. It's hardly a meta. 😛

But designing a system that lets you migrate a frame's power into one of your favorites is about the spirit of letting your favorite frame mimic the cool stuff other frames can do. And I think the update should stay true to the spirit of that design philosophy instead of going barely in and just giving us abilities that are hardly ever used on most frames. 

il y a 1 minute, anonimus_riga a dit :

2) when i google this, first warframe forum post is gone already - why? deleted, removed, censored?! So it is what - whatever DE says and you are not allowed to even discuss it?!

They got merged because people were posting multiple threads saying the same exact thing.

Just because a game gives you a lot of freedom doesn't mean they have to open the floodgates to ridiculous powercreep.

If anyone actually thought they'd do this you kinda are naive. 

I was already assuming they'd let you pick 1 weak ability to mix and match for fun....as shown by Volts 1 already in the livestream. 

Who in their right mind would greenlight giving every frame Saryns abilities? 

9 minutes ago, anonimus_riga said:

There is something not right about this whole thing.

1) where can I find "signature ability" clearly stated in wiki for example for each frame?

2) when i google this, first warframe forum post is gone already - why? deleted, removed, censored?! So it is what - whatever DE says and you are not allowed to even discuss it?!

3) I bet "best" abilities will be chosen to be donated - one ability per frame. I mean, why even bother with this to then just spit in players face and make available only ability no one wants on the frame in first place

Threads are being merged for one. They arent all gone. Ten people making the same thread is gonna get merged to stop spam. 

The list is being made and according to Pablo the list will be out in a special dev stream before Aug 25th.

The abilities are what they decide they will be. Until we have a full list people will flail arround regardless. 

You're more than welcome to howl. It wont change anything.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Just because a game gives you a lot of freedom doesn't mean they have to open the floodgates to ridiculous powercreep.

If anyone actually thought they'd do this you kinda are naive. 

I was already assuming they'd let you pick 1 weak ability to mix and match for fun....as shown by Volts 1 already in the livestream. 

Who in their right mind would greenlight giving every frame Saryns abilities? 

What difference does having Saryn's powers make to my mission success outside of sanctuary specifically? And when you run sanctuary its often piled with saryn's anyway. 

In most missions, having saryn's spore skill wouldn't even be as fast as cleaning house with a fully formad weapon. Her spores can't hurt bosses or eidolyns. And everything put in front of a frame pretty much does instantly if its not a boss or special unit. It's one thing to worry about power creep. It's another to acknowledge it makes almost no difference to most of the game's content besides being cool. 

3 minutes ago, Balegrim said:

What difference does having Saryn's powers make to my mission success outside of sanctuary specifically? And when you run sanctuary its often piled with saryn's anyway. 

In most missions, having saryn's spore skill wouldn't even be as fast as cleaning house with a fully formad weapon. Her spores can't hurt bosses or eidolyns. And everything put in front of a frame pretty much does instantly if its not a boss or special unit.  

It was an example......should I choose a different frame...? Ok....Chroma...

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

It was an example......should I choose a different frame...? Ok....Chroma...

The same of what I said above still applies. Chromas damage adds nothing to my ability to slay things outside of eidolyns except in some very niche and inconsequential cases. That's why coolness is way more important than power creep. I have more than enough damage to absolutely slay nearly everything anyway through forma'd weapons. Which Chroma's passive effects, mostly. Chroma's passive only matters for a couple of boss targets. And most boss targets don't actually reward you with anything substantial. I'm pretty sure that damage is really only helpful for eidolons and orb mother. But even then it's not vital. IE: Rhino. 

Plus we all have chroma. Who really cares if they let us do what's the most fun? By moving one ability of our chose besides an ultimate onto a frame. 

1 minute ago, Sparrow_Prime said:

Did you not see that they announced it. Why would naivety be a factor when you're reading it from an official announcement.

It's just gonna be a semantic argument. "Signature ability" could be "we're gonna let you put a frames ability on your other warframe". Not necessarily "we're gonna let you use this specific special ability for your warframes"

I never saw "signature ability" even used in the lexicon until the update. They clearly made a mistake though, it happens. 

31 minutes ago, Balegrim said:

First, let me just say this is a salt post. 

DE Hyping New Content: 
unknown.png

DE on Stream: 
"Well actually that sounded too cool to include signature abilities so we're not gonna do that." 

Let us use cool abilities on our favorite frames. Go bold. Once you have end game gear it hardly matters anyway because all the stuff melts to weapons regardless. And bosses are immune to many powers and procs.   

Tbh, dude we don't need negative energy from players at this point. 
If you don't like the changes and the updates and all the content you are getting, just simply leave. Don't ruin the fun or be a simple buzzkill for our other dedicated and appreciated players.

Being able to freely remove any abilities from Warframes to put them on others would be way too much. With that I could just get Wisp's buff burritos on my Trinity and then I'd have pretty much no have no reason to play Wisp anymore If I could transfer Saryn's spores to any other frame then there would be no reason to play anything else.

2 minutes ago, Balegrim said:

The same of what I said above still applies. Chromas damage adds nothing to my ability to slay things outside of eidolyns except in some very niche and inconsequential cases. That's why cool is way more important than power creep. 

No one cares if you think a frame sucks outside of 1 area. That's your opinion you're applying to a specific situation. 

The point is theres no reason for a frame to have a bunch of powerful abilities all in one kit.....

9 minutes ago, Balegrim said:

The same of what I said above still applies. Chromas damage adds nothing to my ability to slay things outside of eidolyns except in some very niche and inconsequential cases. That's why coolness is way more important than power creep. I have more than enough damage to absolutely slay nearly everything anyway through forma'd weapons. Which Chroma's passive effects, mostly. Chroma's passive only matters for a couple of boss targets. And most boss targets don't actually reward you with anything substantial. I'm pretty sure that damage is really only helpful for eidolons and orb mother. But even then it's not vital. IE: Rhino. 

Plus we all have chroma. Who really cares if they let us do what's the most fun? By moving one ability of our chose besides an ultimate onto a frame. 

Who really cares....? Uhm, apparently the people that own and/or make the game.....

Are you the CEO or something? You realize you're just 1 customer, right?

1 minute ago, -CoI-IAmNotMatthew said:

Being able to freely remove any abilities from Warframes to put them on others would be way too much. With that I could just get Wisp's buff burritos on my Trinity and then I'd have pretty much no have no reason to play Wisp anymore If I could transfer Saryn's spores to any other frame then there would be no reason to play anything else.

That's your prerogative. I personally like to shake things up. And you only get to equip 1 at a time as I understand it, anyway.  

21 minutes ago, Balegrim said:

In most missions, having saryn's spore skill wouldn't even be as fast as cleaning house with a fully formad weapon. Her spores can't hurt bosses or eidolyns. And everything put in front of a frame pretty much does instantly if its not a boss or special unit. It's one thing to worry about power creep. It's another to acknowledge it makes almost no difference to most of the game's content besides being cool. 

Khora, Octavia, Nidus.

1 minute ago, -CoI-IAmNotMatthew said:

You can shake things up by just using a different frame.

I wanna shake things up even MORE. But putting lots of different things on lots of frames. It's implementing like this is half hearted and makes little tangible difference to a players ability to do content. But it does make stuff a lot cooler. 

5 minutes ago, Balegrim said:

That's your prerogative. I personally like to shake things up. And you only get to equip 1 at a time as I understand it, anyway.  

Oooooh, I need to apologize, then. I was unaware you only wanted to "shake things up". That totally makes sense now. Thanks for that deep and nuanced reasoning.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Oooooh, I need to apologize, then. I was unaware you only wanted to "shake things up". That totally makes sense now. Thanks for that deep and nuanced reasoning.

Isn't that entirely the point of this system? To freshen things? Like functionally what's it for? I'm pretty fundamental and to the point about it. And that, to me, appears to be its chief purpose. It won't accomplish that by only giving us a warframe's most boring and unused abilities that we never use even when we're on that frame anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Balegrim said:

Isn't that entirely the point of this system? To freshen things? Like functionally what's it for? I'm pretty fundamental and to the point about it. And that, to me, appears to be its chief purpose. It won't accomplish that by only giving us a warframe's most boring and unused abilities that we never use even when we're on that frame anyway. 

It will if you have basic game knowledge and an imagination. As far as we know for now, you can use augments as well. So using volts 1 with Shocktrooper can turn a boring power into a 200%+ damage increase. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Do you try to win all your arguments with passive agressive hostilities, instead of intelligent debate?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

It will if you have basic game knowledge and an imagination. As far as we know for now, you can use augments as well. So using volts 1 with Shocktrooper can turn a boring power into a 200%+ damage increase. 

Yeah I know what they can do. I'm aware of all the abilities and most of their augment cards. That ability doesn't do much for me endorphin wise since a heavy attack from a slash build or well built melee weapon isn't adding much to my damage functionally. Dead in .1 seconds is dead whether I'm hitting for 100k or 1000k. For most content I don't need it, as afore mentioned. But being able to celestial twin my atlas or hall of mirrors my limbo is a lot cooler and more fun to use than "here's some static damage you won't notice or need for 90% of what's in the game." Because those abilities feel awesome. But Volt's power is arguably a more game breaking thing than most of the abilities I'm advocating to see in the update. The ones I'd really like to see, anyway. 

Not that given metas and each frame's power output I see it meaning a whole lot. 

1 minute ago, Sparrow_Prime said:

Do you try to win all your arguments with passive agressive hostilities, instead of intelligent debate?

Oh sorry man, what's wrong with just shaking it up a bit? 

No you're totally right. We should be able to trade Ults for every frame and put IronSkin on everything.....just to be intelligent and shake it all up.

Archived