Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

6 hours ago, Balegrim said:

What difference does having Saryn's powers make to my mission success outside of sanctuary specifically?

It doesn't. Warframe is not hard, and pretty much any mission can be completed with pretty much any setup.

That's really not the point, though. It's not about the difference in success/failure -- success is already pretty granted. The point is the experience you want your game to deliver to its players. Spore on Mesa/Chroma would mean you could increase your nuke potential significantly, which players would undoubtedly find satisfying, at least initially. But being able to do it all the time (and a lot of players would for sure use this over anything else all the time) would turn the game very idle, even lazier than it already is. Too much powercreep messes with the game's engagement levels. So if DE wants to deliver Candy Crush-level player input, they should definitely let us smash nuke abilities into one frame. But if they want to keep calling this game an action game, they shouldn't let us do that.

19 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Universal Damage Reduction by Default with no Band Aids would be even better.... 😛

Not really, that's what we already have. Shields have innate 25% reduction and Every frame has a minimum standard of armor. Adding "Universal Damage Reduction by Default" would be the equivalent of increasing base armor value again (Was done to most frames in Warframe Revised). It wouldn't change much compared to giving the option for a damage reduction ability.

39 minutes ago, Blexander said:
That's because DE made sure to NOT give us access to the actually good abilities. But if you look at the comments, as soon as they heard "no signature abilities, no 4ths" they all of a sudden went "aw that's too bad, this isn't going to be as great as I wanted it to be". With enough pressure, the community might just get their wish and have access to ALL abilities. It's happened before.

Molt is one of the best CC's. Your argument doesn't work here.

40 minutes ago, Blexander said:
Is... Is that NOT a problem in your eyes? Adding a system that either leaves you behind if you don't conform to the meta it makes, or is insignificant to the point where it's used only temporarily and then becomes obsolete? And also, I did mention a much more important problem, as in, reworks being made much slower if at all

No, I don't see it. Yes, we will have strong synergies on a large number of frames, but that's all. And I think it's the opposite of good.

41 minutes ago, Blexander said:
You can't know that for sure, plus you're being way too optimistic. You yourself said that reworks take too long. If a system comes in that lets frames with bad kits have a single better ability that makes them more viable/playable, well, what's the rush in getting a rework out. Worst case, scenario, they let us have more than 1 ability and then DE kick their feet up on the desk and say "yup, these frames are good now, no need to look at them anymore".

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/699451606?t=00h43m49s

One of the good things that will come with this system.

44 minutes ago, Blexander said:
Why would I? I'm not fond of leechers and people who leave on the 1st rotation.

About the fact that I have occasionally seen Hildryn on Eidolons, but Hildryn has nothing to offer for this. But with the new system we will be able to do it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

I have a question. Am I wrong in thinking that a Warframe's ability set is relevant to its identity? Because I'm under the belief that each frame is meant to be unique, and that's kinda what I'm concerned about -- infusion posing a risk to, even overwriting that identity.

Or maybe I'm just worried about nothing.

For the record, balance has little-to-nothing to do with my concern.

no your concern is very real, all this is very concerning and problematic

the un high commissioner for warframe rights needs to be alarmed

22 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Molt is one of the best CC's. Your argument doesn't work here.

It's not used for CC. It's a status-cleanser with a speed buff and aggro swap. And it's only 1 out of 40-something, so YOUR argument doesn't work and only strengthens mine, where I say that every build will have the same ability because it's the best option.

23 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

One of the good things that will come with this system.

I've been on this roller coaster many times. We'll see if they deliver.

24 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

About the fact that I have occasionally seen Hildryn on Eidolons, but Hildryn has nothing to offer for this. But with the new system we will be able to do it.

How? None of the abilities used for Tridolon will be accessible. Unless you want the % radiation damage buff on guns, on a Hildryn, who doesn't need/use a lot of PS.

27 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

No, I don't see it.

You don't see an issue with adding a system that may prove to be obsolete? You play Lunaro much?

52 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

volt in particular will have one of the best donor abilities

and oberon even more so, also an "old warframe"

ember as well, certainly

and i suspect donor version of frost 2 will be changed to follow suit and grant bonus cold dmg 

Only in groups that are planning their composition around those powers. In PUGs, it's a toss-up if it increase or decrease your damage done because they changed your damage type.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Are you the CEO or something? You realize you're just 1 customer, right?

you know .. as customers we have the supply/demand mechanic going on right ? him/her just being 1 person doesnt change the fact that they can still demand  , it doesnt have to be taken into consideration but giving the notions of 'youre just 1 person and theyre big company so your opnions wont be heard/doesnt matter' is not a healthy approach .. given that i assume you dont work for DE and even if you were thats not a proffesional approach.

to be all honest it wouldnt matter if saryn had dopplegangers or some another broken combo because we already have numb gameplay , it really cant go more numb at this point 

Personally i didnt get mad because i guessed they wouldnt let us have 'too much' fun (looking at you Steve) so .. i was really only suprised with the infested-butterfly-kdrive thingy that after the update we'll be able to shoot while basically k-driving so thats really positive imo , i wasnt really expecting that  

for the mech-suits i think the hype is unnecssary whats gonna happen is a medicore damage and mobility tool for killing stuff while looking cool ? im still waiting for a connection between nora and lotus and orokin and the further lore proggression. 

Considering they did this in quarantine is suprisingly good , not too good tho but still good , have to wait till 25th if theyre gonna remove or add some stuff from what theyve shown in tennocon.

the power creep is inbedded in this game , DE needs to change dozens and dozens of interactions just for us to not oneshot sortie levels or even above 300+ with certain setups , at the worst case godroll rivens would still be able to do it so ... again i dont see any point of being scared of power creep , we are already swimming in it almost drown (except hyrdoid cuz fck him amirite ahahah (no) )

21 hours ago, BlackHandd said:

the second i start playing nezha i fell in love with abilities and the frame in general.when i heard that in next update the firewalker ability (first one) is gonna be the the ability that u can use on other frames i got mad.why the most noticeable thing about him,the flaming path that he leaves behind,is not considered "signature"?!

I know what you mean.  It's going to be weird hearing other frames do the kick jump, leave a trail of fire, and know that a sweet little Nezha that never hurt anybody was devoured by the helminth to make it happen. 

sad lilo and stitch GIF

Fortunately I think very few people are going to choose his ability! 😛

20 часов назад, DrakeWurrum сказал:

I'm personally disappointed that Volt's Shock is the ability he donates, instead of Speed.

Speed is his signature ability + shock is pretty usefull: stun couple of enemies and apply nice damage bost with augment

i dunno the more that gets confirmed and leaked the less hyped im getting.... i rly want to see some utilities for travel abilities and bubble abilities. but its looking like not likely. guess my inaros will still be despised in defensive missions and stealth missions XD

it would juste need to make that the effect is calculated with a reduced value of strengs/duration/range.

as exemple, the Spores of saryn are very dependent of the range. if the ability was calculate with the range*0.3 (75 range if we have 250range) ; it would not allow to kill all the map, so would not be op.

same for Vex armor of chroma : with strengs*0.3, it would be fine.

or Molecular Prime of Nova with duration*0.2, to only affect a small area. (most of the ultimates ability are strong because they hit a large area, but if it was a small area, it would be fine)

the only ability that could not be in this are when they depend of somthing other, like for the 2nd and 3rd spell of limbo.

While it may be easy to adjust ability stats, it's not easy comparing every ability to every other ability in terms of synergy that was never intended. It's a little more complicated then just lower range here, lower strength there... I mean, players working in teams have created very devastating combos, now they are allowing us players to place abilities from other warframes onto another... yeeaaaahhh.

il y a 37 minutes, (XB1)DarkForceLegend a dit :

While it may be easy to adjust ability stats, it's not easy comparing every ability to every other ability in terms of synergy that was never intended. It's a little more complicated then just lower range here, lower strength there... I mean, players working in teams have created very devastating combos, now they are allowing us players to place abilities from other warframes onto another... yeeaaaahhh.

it is not hard to know the synergy, it only need to know what buff/effect are multiplicative.

and most of the buff are for the team, so with looking to the best combo in team, we know what will be the best combo on 1 warframe.

by giving the first spell of volt with the mod augment, we already have a mutiplicative effect. It can be use as standard value ; to reduce the effect of everything that is stronger. (for the exemple of the vex armor with strengs*0.3, it correspond)

most of the damage ability don't interact with other effect, so there is no problem of synergy for them. the synergies are only a probleme for buff/debuff.

Archived