Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

It wuold bee nice that we can change more then just 1 power, even if i have to give real money i wuold do in a second. And when we sacrifice frame it wuold bee cool to have some of his alt helmets that we can use for all frames.... 

2 hours ago, (NSW)mbennett2000 said:

Not really, that's what we already have. Shields have innate 25% reduction

Tell that to Inaros and Nidus...

2 hours ago, (NSW)mbennett2000 said:

Adding "Universal Damage Reduction by Default" would be the equivalent of increasing base armor value again (Was done to most frames in Warframe Revised). It wouldn't change much compared to giving the option for a damage reduction ability.

Your twisting the words to suit your Argument in an Unfair manner....

I never asked for more Armor... I asked for Universal Damage Reduction....  and that would Change alot...

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Tell that to Inaros and Nidus...

Your twisting the words to suit your Argument in an Unfair manner....

I never asked for more Armor... I asked for Universal Damage Reduction....  and that would Change alot...

Your missing what I am saying, I promise I'm not trying to twist your words. I am saying that armor and damage reduction have the same effect mostly, increasing the EHP per point of health. Both things have the same effect and adding universal damage reduction to all frames is accomplishing the same goal again. Sure it doesn't affect the two health only frames, but they have been developed with the fact that they don't have shields in mind (Inaros: Massive Health and ways to heal. Nidus: Undying with Stacks and Innate Health Regen)

In my opinion the request is redundant and only results in increasing all frame EHP which was already done with armor increases. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)mbennett2000 said:

, I promise I'm not trying to twist your words. I am saying that armor and damage reduction have the same effect mostly

They dont.... 😐

2 minutes ago, (NSW)mbennett2000 said:

Both things have the same effect and adding universal damage reduction to all frames is accomplishing the same goal again.

It isnt 😐

3 minutes ago, (NSW)mbennett2000 said:

In my opinion the request is redundant and only results in increasing all frame EHP which was already done with armor increases. 

How is my request redundant... ?

Im asking for Damage Reduction that works 24/7 under every circumstance. 

You want to to sacrifice one of your Abilities for Damage Reduction....

The difference is Night and Day...

1 hour ago, killerJoke66 said:

to be all honest it wouldnt matter if saryn had dopplegangers or some another broken combo because we already have numb gameplay , it really cant go more numb at this point 

Personally i didnt get mad because i guessed they wouldnt let us have 'too much' fun (looking at you Steve) so .. i was really only suprised with the infested-butterfly-kdrive thingy that after the update we'll be able to shoot while basically k-driving so thats really positive imo , i wasnt really expecting that  

for the mech-suits i think the hype is unnecssary whats gonna happen is a medicore damage and mobility tool for killing stuff while looking cool ? im still waiting for a connection between nora and lotus and orokin and the further lore proggression. 

Considering they did this in quarantine is suprisingly good , not too good tho but still good , have to wait till 25th if theyre gonna remove or add some stuff from what theyve shown in tennocon.

I will say that there seems to be a lot of lore here for you with mother and whats happening at the "Heart"

What I'm saying is that it's not just statistical values that create synergy. For example, if say you where to put Ivaras Navigator on Nova to control her Antimatter Drop. I'm not saying that would be a thing, BUT if it were what effect would it cause? Surly there is a statistical concern when using the two together, but there is a potential mechanical interaction as well. As I said, It's not just values there are a potential concern, there are mechanical interactions that weren't possible before that would have to be looked into.

Lastly, restrictions can help promote creativity. While we will soon find out what abilities are going to be the big game changers, it will be manageable. If the all the abilities were released then it would be like trying to put out a fire with a bucket of water, but who knows we may get more abilities later on and this could just be an intro into the system.

I'm not directly opposed to having more of a selection. I love options, but I am understanding in how this system can dramatically change things, for better or worse. A system on this scale takes time, and theorycrafting... You can spend hours just talking about synergies between just a few frames, let alone... What... some 40+ Warframes.

It's not exclusively about the balance, DE did say they would already be making adjustments as necessary. 

It's also the issue of signature skills - the identify of the frame. They aren't going to allow everyone to step on the toes of the originating frame, making them obsolete. Even a toned down Vex Armor or Spores on other frames, combined with their own specialty, would leave no reason to actually play those frames. I mean, Chroma is actually a very overrated frame with a garbage kit that is held up exclusively by Vex Armor. You take that from him and you wouldn't need to even have him in your inventory. And even a weakened Spores is better than most of the worst abilities in any frame's kit so it would be an obvious upgrade, just for the contagious corrosive procs if nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

They dont.... 😐

It isnt 😐

How is my request redundant... ?

Im asking for Damage Reduction that works 24/7 under every circumstance. 

You want to to sacrifice one of your Abilities for Damage Reduction....

The difference is Night and Day...

Yeah I think that you should need to sacrifice energy to have an extremely high level of universal reduction past the existing armor reduction. If these things are innate, then firstly the survivability of frames would be waaaaay to high, it is already high as is as long as you're not standing still. Second, you want it to be a gameplay choice to choose a frame/ability to give you more survivability instead say a damage or cc ability to create variability in builds and loadouts.

1 minute ago, (NSW)mbennett2000 said:

Yeah I think that you should need to sacrifice energy to have an extremely high level of universal reduction past the existing armor reduction.

Gimp yourself if you want to... I wont do the same.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)mbennett2000 said:

If these things are innate, then firstly the survivability of frames would be waaaaay to high, it is already high as is as long as you're not standing still

It actually isnt... if it was Methods of healing wouldnt be used so often...

The only Survivability where this doesnt apply is Iron Skin, Mesmer Skin and Invisibility. 

5 minutes ago, (NSW)mbennett2000 said:

Second, you want it to be a gameplay choice to choose a frame/ability to give you more survivability instead say a damage or cc ability to create variability in builds and loadouts.

Because thats an Interesting choice ? 

Being able to survive and deal damage is hands down the laziest set of options Ive ever encountered in any game Ive played....

Its why I love Super Giant Games so much... 

They understand that its Dumb to design your game to have Health and Damage not only as Options... but even as something you should even concern yourself with... Its a Combat Game... ofcourse you need Health and Damage... give me a choice thats actually interesting.

The Chrysalis system is a new and exciting thing coming with the Heart of Deimos, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I already sold my old frames and useless frame parts. There was no reason to keep them before. The logical thing was to sell them to free up the slots and get a bit of credits back. When they were useless, it seemed like a fair deal at the time, but now that there's something amazing you can do with them, it feels like they're punishing old players that already got rid of them and forcing people to re-grind. I wouldn't have sold these things had I known there would actually be something to do with them.

Similar to how we got to respec our Focus choices when the new Focus system came out, I'd love if we could "respec" this choice now that there's actually a system here to work with.

Even just a chunk of Helminth standing progress that corresponds to the frames/parts we've sold would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

I know what you mean.  It's going to be weird hearing other frames do the kick jump, leave a trail of fire, and know that a sweet little Nezha that never hurt anybody was devoured by the helminth to make it happen. 

sad lilo and stitch GIF

Fortunately I think very few people are going to choose his ability! 😛

They'll mostly be subsumed for "completion"...isn't that worse?

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We know they're buffing some abilities to make them more desirable, but it's possible that some may be nerfed in the overall balance pass.

Please don't nerf Explosive Legerdemain. I like my nuke Mirage for defense missions and ESO. And for ESO she doesn't really shine unless you have a Trin support (for max range and strength build).

il y a 46 minutes, (XB1)DarkForceLegend a dit :

For example, if say you where to put Ivaras Navigator on Nova to control her Antimatter Drop.

Navigator probably only work with weapon projectile.

il y a 46 minutes, (XB1)DarkForceLegend a dit :

While we will soon find out what abilities are going to be the big game changers, it will be manageable. If the all the abilities were released then it would be like trying to put out a fire with a bucket of water

As i said, with this, it would be easy to make a change. If reduce the duration of somthing to 50% is not enougth, it is very esay to reduce to 35% instead.

il y a 46 minutes, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- a dit :

Even a toned down Vex Armor or Spores on other frames, combined with their own specialty, would leave no reason to actually play those frames.

the reduction of effect is enougth to totaly change the ability.

if on chroma, it multiply the damage by 4, and on the other warframe, by 1.8, there is a good reason to play chroma.

or for saryn ; kill everthing on the map, or just kill a pack of monster is totaly diferent.

And 2nd point : only one ability can be change ; you steel have to play the warframe to have the other. if only one ability make the identity of a warframe, this warframe probably need to be change. (exeption for the exalted weapon. that also should not be usable on other warframe)

il y a 46 minutes, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- a dit :

And even a weakened Spores is better than most of the worst abilities in any frame's kit so it would be an obvious upgrade, just for the contagious corrosive procs if nothing else.

true, but it is already the goal of this, to remoove the usless ability for somthing usefull.

but it need to have a choise between lot of usefull effect.

if i have the choice between a weakened Spores ; or a small Molecular Prime, or a short invisibility, ... all of this are interesting, and my choice would depend of the warframe, of the type of mission that i will do with it, ....

I wouldn’t count on DE doing anything except what they are with the prebuilt Khora parts from stream drops. Except for a few frames they can be gotten quite easily again and the point of the system is for that “sacrifice” to enhance others. 

Just like the rest of the game have to grind or buy. Choice is yours. 

Archived