Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

30 минут назад, Tsukinoki сказал:

Exactly.
Mandatory mods 2.0 essentially.

And can you imagine what this'll do to recruiting?  Instead of "Looking for X frame" its "Looking for X frame with abilities A, B, C, and D!"

This just makes a mess of the ability system.

And there are only 2 ways for this to go:
A) This invalidates the vast majority of frames and you'll just put the best abilities on the tankiest frame
B) This will be a relatively useless system because it'll only (hopefully IMHO) be the "weaker" abilities since they sid it won't include the "signature" abilities of a frame.

Flexibility = / = must
Whoever will recruit on those terms can play alone. And is recruit really that different now ? It changes nothing. You just can tinker a warframe for yourself, thats about it.

4 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

And now I need to farm another Khora. And Harrow. And Nidus. And Equinox. And Ivara. And Hildryn. And Protea. PTSD galore >_<

I think I will just wait until each frame has a prime variant, and only then eat the original version. I have a feeling the abilities will not be especially important, although DE might make a booboo here again :). 

Edit:

And good luck grinding Grendel again ><. 

13 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Ex-main, replaced with Khora, Wukong and Gauss as time went by and they became more useful... Or rather Valkyr became less useful because other frames could fill her niche while doing even more. But I miss using Valkyr. Giving her another helpful ability will shine new light on her.

I am so happy!!

Hysteria has bonkers damage output with the enraged augment.

That thing basically shreds everything you can reach with slide attacks.

Not gonna lie, I like this upcoming feature. If DE still won’t rework Chroma I’ll just rework him myself by swapping the joke that is spectral scream with something else.

But I have one small concern regarding this and that is this may attract some levels of elitism. I am 100% certain in recruit chat someone will add some ridiculous setups requiremens and will spit on you if you don’t have it. Example..

H X Must Have Rhino with Wisp’s Motes, Inaros with Renewal emoji emoji emoji.

Edit : Mods why did you move my topic. It deserves it’s own thread for a more specific discussion.

1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

They are temping that players will throw in millions nekros in that machine to actually get that sweet desecrate because players is going say "I am going defiled the law".  This would be funny and popcorn to eat for the truth.

If those players can't read then thats not DE's problem...

I don't feel responsible for the crazy hobos outside either.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Oh god yeah. Like I said, stasis is broken as heeellll.

Theoretically infinite range? Check. Infinite strength, provided it effects the target in question? Check. Long duration? Check. Literally disable AI outright? Chekchek. How did it ever get past the initial design phase????

I love my rift magician dearly. But stasis is absurd.

The easy way out would be to replace Stasis with a Slow.... THAT SCALES WITH STRENGTH 😈!!!

If you play Booben then you know How Frustrating this would be 😛

i mean they can soften the blow by un capping it meaning with enough strength you can essentially get full stasis back... but at a base Slow Debuff of 33.33333% you would need 300% Strength to get full Stasis... and even then the amount of Slots used up to get that value leaves nothing for Duration and Range 😛

8 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Hysteria has bonkers damage output with the enraged augment.

That thing basically shreds everything you can reach with slide attacks.

I don't build frames to maximize just 1 ability as if the rest of her kit didn't exist.

Being powerful =/= being useful/fun. Otherwise Chroma would be the best WF out there.

Friendly reminder to all people that you don't get to choose which ability the Warframe gives when subsumed by Helminth.

It is preset, Shock from Volt, Pull from Mag etc.

Your dream easy mode Frankenstein frame isn't likely to happen.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Aeiya-tan said:

Assuming there'll be certain limitations or nerfs later, could get really broken really quickly.

They already said they won'r let you take their Ult(4) or their "Signature" move so pretty much everyones desired combos are out the door off the bat. 

I kinda want to know what we can get rid of and what we can take first. 

On Excal, I'd want to be rid of Radial Javelin but think it might be viewed as a signature ability.

It's all a lot to take in right now though as this presentation was way larger than I expected and the stuff the didn't talk much about speaks volumes too.

8 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

hmm....interesting...how about warframe passives?

I would imagine lots of people taking Octavia's or Atlas's Passive... 

If you dangle Energy or Knockdown immunity in peoples faces... How can they resist ? 😮

1 minute ago, Nesodos said:

If those players can't read then thats not DE's problem...

I don't feel responsible for the crazy hobos outside either.

it is like watching the hobos with the molotov cocktails throwing a super thick concrete wall and behind it is the pure steel wall and pure concrete behind that steel walls.  Pretty much it is like throwing water bottle at the wall for it will not crack overtime.

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

As per the tennocon info , you will be able to replace one ability with another,

And though i expect there to be limitations i would like to speculate and discuss what would be the useless abilities that are going to be easy to give up.

For me Mesas 1 takes the top pick,

what would be yours?

Chroma: Effigy

Volt: Discharge

Oberon: Reckoning

Ivara: Navigator (except on my Open World build, then none)

Khora: Ensnare

Valkyr: Paralysis

Nekros: Soul Punch

Nezha: His gorgeous good looks

Saryn: Miasma (Still don't get why people think she just spams this. It's pretty useless)

Rhino: Wish I could get rid of his passive >.>

Frost: Avalanche

Titania: There's abilities I want on her but none I really want to get rid of since her rework... Probably Spellbind...? idk.

Wisp: Sol Gate (Cool ability but mostly useless.)

Ember, Excal, Limbo, and Trin I'll leave as is because I think they complement their own abilities well.

Everyone else I either don't play enough to care or don't know well enough to know a good alternate.

Archived