Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

I kinda want hyldrin's balefire on Wisp...

I mean, I know there are limitation, but if we just assume for a moment that there are no limits, I'd probably do this:

- Spore as Wisp 1

- Magnetize Wisp 2

- Xok..Xo... the broken dude's 2 that steals guns as Wisp 3

I'm sure it's been thought out a lot at DE so there have to be some limitations but I feel it's going to push powercreep so much further while simultaneously stripping identity from the warframes themselves boiling them down to a few powers. The implications from the little bit seen so far in Tennocon while it's neat as a little fun idea it can lead to so many busted things (the quickest being just put spores on everything. Inaros being now the likely template for anything since he's very tanky with very little effort) with things leading to now the new literal "Metaframe" amalgam with maybe some later content balancing around this which then if you don't partake you are stuck.

And personally now stripping the parts of the warframes away to me is saddening and personally I think it's a reason to not really properly balance some abilities. Oh Chroma's spectral scream is lacking well just replace it we don't need to balance it. I'm not saying that will be the case but the idea is there. I think there need to be heavy restrictions or the abilities themselves should be used to a lesser efficency if we must continue with this otherwise for me personally I can see this kind of killing the game. No offense to DE of course but these are just my thoughts on it. I don't want to lose identity for more powercreep, boiling down new frame arrivals to powers to strip down and move to other frames.

From all those I just need to rebuild Ivara...and Saryn and Chroma.  

Guess I'll head to farm Rathuum again lol

22 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

And now I need to farm another Khora. And Harrow. And Nidus. And Equinox. And Ivara. And Hildryn. And Protea. PTSD galore >_<

Really of all frames Limbo is the biggest "???" out there.

His kit is painfully interconnected, nothing works without his passive...unless DE decides to give people Banish for laughs...which just sounds awful because that means any frame can be a trolly Limbo.

40 minutes ago, Aldain said:
42 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

OTOH, Chroma is that much less likely to get a usable, natural first ability. 

Less pressure to improve things that aren't working, and more pressure to keep abilities the same or nerf them if they're transferable and might work too well on another frame.

You're probably not wrong, but its something.

To clarify, the second part wasn't really related to Chroma, specifically.  Just an overall concern  I have.    And even with new frames, designers will be more likely to incorporate at least one generic and weak ability with an eye toward how it might otherwise get abused in other kits. For instance, I think frames like Garuda or Harrow might have come out very differently if their designs had to take this new system into account.  

Just thinking out loud, really.

edit: Just saw your post about Limbo.  Yeah, that's an even better example.

While I'm excited about the gameplay avenues that become available from a customized skill set, I'm more than a little conflicted about our method for doing this. Up until this point the Warframe/Tenno relationship had this definite "power of friendship" angle to it that made them feel like partners. We also know that Warframes are, to some degree, sentient creatures created from agony & suffering and who only find peace in our presence. Feeding them to a wall sort of flies in the face of all of that. 

How are we any better than Alad V, who tore an Excalibur to pieces and drove Valkyr to madness, when we're digesting Warframes that are no longer useful to us? How does DE justify us as the good guys with a straight face after this? Am I definitely thinking about this too much? 

Just now, Furappi said:

Probably Limbo's first skill Banish, is simple and direct damage skill

Yeah, but it's just too trolly.

Currently you can at least expect a trolley behavior if you see a Limbo in your squad, but enabling every frame to have such potential would cause an anxiety meltdown to a good chunk of the player base. 

And the player base has been whining for way too long for DE to not notice. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Or maybe we can give this a try before we throw a hysterical temper tantrum over a completely optional feature?

Come On, Tenno.... surely you know us better than that by now. 🙂

UNLEASH TANTRUMS !!!

2 minutes ago, Ketec said:

What about the ability specific augment mods? Can you use those aswell?

Thats a Damn Good Question... ofcourse the answer is no.... but you never know for sure.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

No it isn't? Puts enemies in the opposite plane to you, i.e. the rift. Which you need his passive to enter.

Oh yeah... I forgot about that... 

And you cant use his 2 and his 3 bevause those need 1/4 to actually work...

I sence an Ember Style (The World on Fire Kind) Rework coming 😮 !!!

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

To clarify, the second part wasn't really related to Chroma, specifically.  Just an overall concern  I have.    And even with new frames, designers will be more likely to incorporate at least one generic and weak ability with an eye toward how it might otherwise get abused in other kits. For instance, I think frames like Garuda or Harrow might have come out very differently if the design had to take this new system into account.  

Just thinking out loud, really.

No no, I get what you mean.

And I also agree with the concern that it will make reworking old frames not a thing anymore because Helminth might be a band-aid in DE's eyes.

I'm just seeing the silver lining that in the interim we can at last get rid of some of the meme abilities for something at least worth half-using.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Oh yeah... I forgot about that... 

And you cant use his 2 and his 3 bevause those need 1/4 to actually work...

I sence an Ember Style (The World on Fire Kind) Rework coming 😮 !!!

I am nervous, but have also eagerly awaited this day. I hope they are kind to my beloved rift magician. 

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can just see Banish getting so abused by ability heavy frames since abilities ignore the rift.

Meme enclosed:

Spoiler

Just now, Ryujin said:

So what happens when we destroy a primed frame? i got duplicates sitting around 😮

They literally said we can't do that, Helminth is allergic.

Archived