Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on the Helminth Chrysalis - The most shocking feature ever revealed?

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

OK So For the longest time if you deleted a quest frame you could never get it back and the problem there primarily came in the form of people who inadvertently deleted them before mastering them. Eventually they where added to Simaris as blueprints for the low low price of 250k Simaris Rep each, also not a huge deal, at the time. As it was typically a costly penance for what was in most instances a one off mistake. 

Fast forward tho over multiple years of Prime upgrades and people on mass deleting their previously outmoded questframes for their upgraded Primed Variants. Which have now retroactively been given a purpose and because the Primed versions are excluded the only way to get those quest frames back is to slog through 250k Simaris rep..... each. 

I kinda have a problem with that. 

I also wonder about frames that have the whole synergy going in their kit. 

For Limbo it might just be his 1 and it's gonna just act more like an "isolation" skill when swapped, coz you can push some enemies in the rift and they stay there and not able to harm you but you can't shoot them although warframe abilities pass through rift, so yeah, might be his 1.

1 hour ago, Lakyus said:

As many veteran players, I have built all current Prime Warframes.

And, also, I've sold their non-Prime counterparts. With the upcoming Helminth update, I'm concerned about this.

Will we get them back?

Grinding for Equinox, Nidus, Harrow or Khora again, or buying all the quest blueprints/parts from Simaris in order to remade what had no use before... It makes me wanna quit.

Please, DE. Allow us to have all our previously mastered non-prime Warframes back for the sake of the new Helminth system.

I'm really concerned.

And thanks for the love and the amazing job, as always. I love you all.

You know I had asked for something like this a long, long time ago. The ability to buy back any previously mastered items like a "pawn" system, hell even without any upgrades you spent on it. Of course everyone in the discussion dismissed it completely because that would take plat spending away from DE, and I guess that's true.

Limbo can’t be viable at all, unless, we can get his dash that places is in and out of the void, then again I wouldn’t want that cause I normally avoid limbo players during matchmaking and not knowing players have this ability would be in for an absurd new level of troll

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Did you not watch the stream? 

Nope... Never watched a single DE Stream ever 😛

hell... Ive never even had a stream running muted in the background... I just couldnt be bothered.

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Not only is there a resource requirement but there is a 24hr timegate from when you opt to sacrifice the frame to when you actually gain access to the ability. 

And thats after having to Grind for the Warframe Components again...

Damn... DE bringing out those Epic Grinds this time 😮 !!!

3 minutes ago, BossPontes888 said:

Hum. In all honesty the most broken ability I can think of is Trinity second ability. That in any Warframe will be overpowered.

That Trinity's signature ability, so that's not gonna be available for swapping. Maybe it's gonna be her 3.

I love it when a Megathread is being born and everyones' replies look like the insane ramblings of a thousand different ideas. 

Kind of like how our dead Warframes will feel as all of their thoughts & hopes & dreams are combined into a single entity as their cloned bodies are slowly melted into the wall. 

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

And thats after having to Grind for the Warframe Components again...

Damn... DE bringing out those Epic Grinds this time 😮 !!!

Lemme brighten your day by telling you how it gets worse. 

Over the years as you've replaced your mastered quest frames for their primed counterparts and because DE excluded Primed frames from the mechanic. The only way you have to get applicable quest frames back is to pay 250k Simaris rep each. 

2 minutes ago, Acos said:

I love it when a Megathread is being born and everyones' replies look like the insane ramblings of a thousand different ideas. 

Kind of like how our dead Warframes will feel as all of their thoughts & hopes & dreams are combined into a single entity as their cloned bodies are slowly melted into the wall. 

...Well that was heartwarmingly funny, but then it became nauseating.

Par for the course on most of the forums though.

So... the question is what abilities will actually be allowed? 

I think DE is going to anger people by being all over the place on this. Ultimate's is a fairly cut and dried criteria, but "signature abilities" could be interpreted very loosely or very strictly as balancing requires. 

For example, obviously blessing is out that's an ultimate right? But is EV a signature ability? Could I take out Tesla Nervos and put in EV on my Vauban for example? 

Or is a signature ability only something unique to their design, like Limbo, or an exalted weapon and such?

Or will it just be whatever DE wants it to mean at the time based on balance? 

I'm going with that last one, lets not get too hyped about the OPness yet. 

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Lemme brighten your day by telling you how it gets worse. 

Over the years as you've replaced your mastered quest frames for their primed counterparts and because DE excluded Primed frames from the mechanic. The only way you have to get applicable quest frames back is to pay 250k Simaris rep each. 

Oof !!! 😞

What abilities do you plan on taking and to which warframe you'll be applying them? What ability will you erase from that warframe?

What we know:

1-No ultimates can be transferred

2-No signature abilities can be transferred. We don't know which ones are signature, but we can make educated guesses. I.e: Protea's turret will be signature, most likely.

3-You can replace your Warframe's ultimate.

4-You only get 2 Helmith slots to subsume your warframe ability.

5-You can't sacrifice prime warframes.

6-You can have loadouts, allowing a warframe to have different replacement abilities. 

7-It takes 24 hours to subsume an ability for infusion.

8-There are generic helmith abilities you can use. The ones showcased so far are:

-Infested Mobility: 50E 5s Duration 35% sprint speed 15% parkour velocity

-Empower: 25E Next ability gains +20% power strenght

-Companion heal: 50E Recall pet. Heal pet by 25%

-Rebuild shields 50E 12s CD 25% shield recharge.

Just now, Xardis said:
I dont have a problem with that, farm is farm, and it not a pointless one like with rivens. I am far more concerned that the ability switching will be a source of powercreep that even rivens can hide behind it.

We don't know how it will be yet, so let's see. I think some frames can use a little refreshment, while other frames may already be strong and it will just be a choice.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

150k is still a heck of a slog that exists solely because DE retroactively gave the frames you had no use for some years back a purpose. 

I'd much rather be able to toss a prime frame into the woodchipper, for those I have spares in spades. 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

150k is still a heck of a slog that exists solely because DE retroactively gave the frames you had no use for some years back a purpose. 

If they can just get the Cost low enough that you can buy all the pieces you need all at once then I would be on board with that.

Just now, Oreades said:

150k is still a heck of a slog that exists solely because DE retroactively gave the frames you had no use for some years back a purpose.

I think it's a small price to pay. Some people are saddened when Trinity farm goes weeks without a result. 150K reputation is one week where you are guaranteed to get everything.

Archived