New Warframe Xaku? Discussion and feedback...

Oh look it's that thread I warned people about. The one where the social justice brigade and people who have opinions they don't like battle it out over semantics. Yes, yes, your mass of void tendrils holding together a skeleton and a bunch of broken pieces is "nonbinary." I mean, it's basically Frankenstein's monster sewn together from dead Warframes but let's all talk about the gender identity of a hollow monstrosity that makes Allad V's experiments look like a tea party. 😒

• Like 2
Just now, bad4youLT said:

Why do we need this and why people care about gender of fictional character ?  This whole thing to me is just stupid .

I don't think it's about gender, that thing is 3 different Warframes so using "they" just makes sense.

If someone is happy with that then let them be it's not really going to affect others

• Like 1

Cool, I suppose. I'm chill about these things; in an approach I call the "Picard method."

Background: when Patrick Stewart was cast as Jean-Luc Picard for Star Trek: TNG, there were concerns behind the scenes about casting a bald man, along the lines of; "in the future, wouldn't baldness be cured already?" The reply, as the story goes, was; "in the future, no one will care." That's my approach to things like this.

Really, I'm just curious about how this is going to work in the Second Dream quest.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Well it will still move after getting stabbed it would probably look a lil silly since their model is really skinny

What I meant was; The Second Dream always reveal the default body type of your Operator to be the opposite of that of the Warframe you used in the quest. I used Excalibur and Rhino, and got a female Operator.

Just wondering how that small aspect will work with this frame.

It's good to have representation. But I just don't think this mindset of "hey I know some people will get upset, let me post it ha ha ha!" is cool, when mostly don't really care at all unless it's a great frame.

I usually like male frames more, but when the concept is cool I use them a lot anyway (Saryn, Mesa etc).

But I hope they keep Wraithe a male, it was my favorite Warframe concept, him and Moirai.

Edited by Sahiratu
  • Like 2

Personally I think Xaku has a cool design and they managed to do the final art concept justice.
The Abilities I didn't manage to understand too well from the stream but there's always the Warframe profile video that will be released.
On another note I'm also glad it makes people really mad that the frame is NB.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

What I meant was; The Second Dream always reveal the default body type of your Operator to be the opposite of that of the Warframe you used in the quest. I used Excalibur and Rhino, and got a female Operator.

Just wondering how that small aspect will work with this frame.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's scripted to always be a feminine Operator.

At least, that's what replaying the quest shows, regardless of selected frame. Bear in mind that my actual Operator is male.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Meeescha said:

Personally I think Xaku has a cool design and they managed to do the final art concept justice.
The Abilities I didn't manage to understand too well from the stream but there's always the Warframe profile video that will be released.
On another note I'm also glad it makes people really mad that the frame is NB.

I think I've found the flaw in your outlook here. Y'see I really doubt there's very many people that care about it being nonbinary at all. You know what does irritate people? A bunch of keyboard warriors waltzing in and declaring victory in a culture war because of a Frankenframe that doesn't have a gender because it's three frames sewn together. Even the original post in this thread immediately references these awful troglodytes that have yet to actually appear. You set upon anyone that engages you with a dissenting thought and start screeching about "rightwing rhetoric." Wow, it's almost like this thread exists solely to start flame wars.

• Like 5

Why is this turning in to the Equinox thing again. 

Whatever DE says it is, that's what it is, accept it, move on, play the game or don't. 
Like??? y'all just argue over this stuff cause you don't know what to draw for nsfw versions of them I swear. 

• Like 1
vor 46 Minuten schrieb Magus_Tahir:

If I recall correctly I believe Rebecca stated in the case that it's going to be direct damage so it will be ignoring armor and resistances if that is at least if I'm understanding the principle behind it correctly.

I think you mean true damage because void damage doesn't bypass armor.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/True_Damage

I love it when people say 'keep politics out of games/movies/comics/whatever' as if there isn't a political message in some of the most important media. People are OK with shooting Nazi's all day, but as soon as any question of politics that isn't broadly assumed they'll agree with comes up they say 'good heavens! How inappropriate for media to depict things that I personally find controversial.'

To quote rage against the machine: "What machine did you think we were raging against? The dishwasher?"

• Like 3

Bro, foundry warframes aren't even conscious. They're not autonomous. They can't choose a gender identity because they're empty shells, weapons. What are you even on about?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Although Xata's Whisper felt really uninspired, a timed damage buff whoop (Elemental damage augments...), maybe it does something more.

it's:

The Status Effect of VoidTearIcon b Void damage is Bullet Attractor, which creates a small 5 meter field around the target which absorbs and redirects projectiles over 3 seconds.

so it might be interesting... but I don't know if I ever used vid procs or at least saw it.

Just now, Mints said:

Bro, foundry warframes aren't even conscious. They're not autonomous. They can't choose a gender identity because they're empty shells, weapons. What are you even on about?

Did you even play past The Sacrifice?

• Like 2
Just now, Meeescha said:

Did you even play past The Sacrifice?

Did you? Umbra is an exemption not a rule. You are creating a mass produced pattern. Xaku's not even a single Warframe but a combination of them all stuck together randomly.

Just now, Mints said:

Did you? Umbra is an exemption not a rule. You are creating a mass produced pattern. Xaku's not even a single Warframe but a combination of them all stuck together randomly.

There's no actual indication of that since this is mostly unexplored territory. If you want to argue that, then how did our frame manage to remove Stalker's sword during Second Dream?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

I think you mean true damage because void damage doesn't bypass armor.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/True_Damage

They merge the threads and I lost everything. So short version.

Rebecca did say direct damage so either it's true damage or it's a new damage type or it's void damage with restrictions because they said this was not going to affect eidolons.

Or it could just be for the third abilities beam attack.

We will just have to wait to find out.

Edited by Magus_Tahir
Just now, Meeescha said:

There's no actual indication of that since this is mostly unexplored territory. If you want to argue that, then how did our frame manage to remove Stalker's sword during Second Dream?

All I've got for you to answer that question is conjecture: Transference. Someone or something reactivated the Warframe and intervened to save the Operator's life. Was it the Man in the Wall? Lotus herself? Dunno, but the ability to possess Warframes isn't exclusive to Tenno. The Silver Grove proved even Archimedians could do it.

59 minutes ago, Meeescha said:

It's still an infested blob mass that we bind with, its just not an actual dude inside it, unless you think when we craft the frames we go take someone and shove them inside it.