Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Good Job With TennoCon 2020

GEN-Son_17

Due to the virus, I honestly wasn't expecting DE to put together this epic of an event! It was focused, fun, interactive and, to save everyone from the constant bickering of upcoming content, it was discussing only current and close range content. Great job!!

Really loved it. I didnt expect the interactive part connected to the Deimos showcase, was a nice surprise. I had plans to just watch the Art panel today and then the Deimos thing, but even the "sound" panel had me hooked. Extremely interesting to listen to.

i thought it was pretty great actually.

all the new infested stuff looks absolutely amazing....and even xaku looks really interesting...i had doubts about this whole "broken" theme...but it looks way better now than it did last time i saw anything about it.

anyone else notice the nechromechs look like 40k knights? cuz they totally do....maybe a tad small...but certainly larger than a dreadnought though....either way, i like 'em.

good job de. im excited about warframe again.....for now. 😉

I had a lot of fun hanging out in the Tennocon relay, met some very nice people! It was a lovely community experience. The upcoming content looks dope too. I agree, they did a wonderful job adapting to the digital delivery of the event 😄

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Really loved it. I didnt expect the interactive part connected to the Deimos showcase, was a nice surprise. I had plans to just watch the Art panel today and then the Deimos thing, but even the "sound" panel had me hooked. Extremely interesting to listen to.

i was especially interested in the sound panel...as i do sound design and make music myself. des sound people are pretty good, it was fun to hear them talk about their process a bit.

5 minutes ago, CerebralCrossfire said:

Dude, a month is not that long. Especially compared to past releases. People will always find something to complain about...

Meanwhile consoles always get around a month late than PC, even worse on Switch when sometimes we got them weeks later than PS and XB lol

I had a blast with this event, the sound panel was dope just like the art one, the trivia was bonkers hilarious and the Tennolive relay was such a fantastic surprise, don't know how other players did, but i managed to get a peek of both the stream and the relay by switching between the Steam overlay and the game.

I think it would've been even more amazing to have a big screen at the in-game relay showing the stream if possible, but that is a long-shot due to the drops and whatsnot, maybe next Tennocon? 

I screamed like a madman when they revealed the Mechas. Fingers crossed it all goes well on August 25

Loved what they showed. Giving me the ability to remove Ripline from Valkyr is the greatest gift in the universe. I am already in the wiki looking at all frame abilities for the possibilities. Evem though no signature or ultimate abilities are allowed, anything is better than ripline.

Looking forward to this.

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Loved what they showed. Giving me the ability to remove Ripline from Valkyr is the greatest gift in the universe. I am already in the wiki looking at all frame abilities for the possibilities. Evem though no signature or ultimate abilities are allowed, anything is better than ripline.

Looking forward to this.

i cant wait to start replacing inaros crap abilities with ones that actually do things.....oh maybe replace his devour with nidus larva. ball em up and melee the lot all at once......or maybe garas splinter storm for 90% damage reduction on top of him being already impossible to kill....cant refresh it though...still...might be fun.

there will be all kinds of fun combos....i like this whole concept. it really gives us a chance to make these frames our own.

3 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i cant wait to start replacing inaros crap abilities with ones that actually do things.....oh maybe replace his devour with nidus larva. ball em up and melee the lot all at once......or maybe garas splinter storm for 90% damage reduction on top of him being already impossible to kill....cant refresh it though...still...might be fun.

there will be all kinds of fun combos....i like this whole concept. it really gives us a chance to make these frames our own.

I don't think larva ball and splinter storm will be allowed. Remember that DE said no ultimates and no signatures. 

But yes, in general this concept is wonderful. It will help alleviate issues with frames that have useless abilities or abilities that don't scale well with their best builds. 

6 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

But yes, in general this concept is wonderful. It will help alleviate issues with frames that have useless abilities or abilities that don't scale well with their best builds. 

Well at least DE can let players rework their frames themselves while DE can focus on bigger projects. This can also allow DE to gather Data on what are the winners and losers of all abilities.

8 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Well at least DE can let players rework their frames themselves while DE can focus on bigger projects. This can also allow DE to gather Data on what are the winners and losers of all abilities.

Indeed.

I believe we can only change one ability, as well as one ability not being ava? So I doubt we're getting full rework potential. Nevertheless, even one ability different could make a great deal of difference to many frames.

And, frankly? I'm happy for it if for no reason other than personalisation. It's just a really neat feature to be able to have a unique Warframe with a new ability, and DE managed to get around the inevitable issues people brought up for the most part.

42 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I don't think larva ball and splinter storm will be allowed. Remember that DE said no ultimates and no signatures. 

i think "signature" and ultimate would be the same...i didnt hear the word "and" when they were talking about it. seems to me theyre all "signature" abilities since they are all unique to whichever frame there on. sure...i could be wrong...but it wouldnt make any sense that way.

18 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i think "signature" and ultimate would be the same...i didnt hear the word "and" when they were talking about it. seems to me theyre all "signature" abilities since they are all unique to whichever frame there on. sure...i could be wrong...but it wouldnt make any sense that way.

I don't think they meant the ultimates as the signature abilities.  

For example, Frost's "signature" ability is his bubble rather than avalanche, with "signature" meaning his most well-known or defining ability in this particular case. Same for Wukong's Celestial Twin and Valkyr's Warcry. I don't think those abilities will be shared.

I didnt expected to be surprised this year. I was just expecting a new open world, but they still managed to exceed my expectations. There was no way i saw customizable warframe abilities being on the table. I thought they were about to demonstrate Mags new magnetize augment that im STILL waiting for. 

22 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I don't think they meant the ultimates as the signature abilities.  

For example, Frost's "signature" ability is his bubble rather than avalanche, with "signature" meaning his most well-known or defining ability in this particular case. Same for Wukong's Celestial Twin and Valkyr's Warcry. I don't think those abilities will be shared.

i understand the common use of the term signature....i just dont think thats what they meant when they said it. it def. sounded like they just threw the term "signature" out there without actually having discussed it beforehand....like i def. didnt get the impression they were all on the same page regarding using that term....sounded like it was just an off the cuff remark, not an official statement.

dont get me wrong...i completely understand why they would want to do that...but then it wouldnt make sense to say signature AND ultimate....cuz then you start to bring in variables that are more opinions than anything else. you and i might think frosts "signature" ability is snow globe...but there are a bunch of other similar bubble type abilities from other frames.

i would think which ability you cant use would be consistent across all frames...and that would only make sense if they just made it all 4th abilities....which they already said it was. i cant imagine they would make it so some frames you can use 3 abilities from and others you can only use 2....that would be a mess.

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Looking forward to this.

Giving me the ability to ADD Ripline is the greatest gift. Imagine Terminator Nyx with a movement ability! In the past her AoE total defence strip, CC, and complete invulnerability was held back by crippled movement. No longer! Zipping around in the bubble here I come!

Archived