Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Good Job With TennoCon 2020

GEN-Son_17

5 hours ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Its just another island lol...

also the whole relay thing was very confusing. Did not get to see anything

Totally agree.  

Also what's this about customizing warframe abilities?  Does DE want the player base to do their work of rebalancing their warframes? That's how I view it.

Infested world I could not care less I don't like the infested faction they are a tired trope of the space virus or Flood type enemy. But hey another empty open world right?  No need to really try making meaningful content or actual quests just shove the same tired out rehashed formula that every single open world has in Warframe.  

As far as how well DE did with the stream, meh.. they streamed wow.  The only difference was that this time most of the staff was remote.

5 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

Due to the virus, I honestly wasn't expecting DE to put together this epic of an event! It was focused, fun, interactive and, to save everyone from the constant bickering of upcoming content, it was discussing only current and close range content. Great job!!

DE found the perfect formula. Right there. DE Tennocon WAS perfect because it gave believable material, they spoke about how they feel about the game and they rotated all their PR team. It was balanced. There where new faces and the usual devs. They managed the time perfectly for everything and provided believable results doing a recap of new frames, content and accessories. 

This WAS IT. A good delivery in every front because there was no over hype. We have to let DE know this because this should be the format from now on. This is why is wise to talk about down to earth projects, fair deliver without pooling the wool out of our eyes. I seriously respect DE for this well orchestrated attempt. This showed their true force and their down to earth delivery. 

I'm more than satisfied. I'm convinced that there will be enough War frame for more years to come. They attested the right pace in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, schilds said:

DE is picking one ability from each frame.

wait....then i completely misunderstood what they were doing.

i was under the impression you could take any ability except whichever ones they excluded. the one ability per frame thing i thought was one per frame and you use up the frame, if you want another ability you need an additional frame for it.

youre saying if they decide to make garas shattered lash the ability you can use...thats the only ability anyone can use from gara?

4 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

wait....then i completely misunderstood what they were doing.

i was under the impression you could take any ability except whichever ones they excluded. the one ability per frame thing i thought was one per frame and you use up the frame, if you want another ability you need an additional frame for it.

youre saying if they decide to make garas shattered lash the ability you can use...thats the only ability anyone can use from gara?

Yep, each frame has one ability that they choose (which isn't an ultimate or a signature move) that can be transferred to another frame and each frame can only hold one transferred ability.

8 hours ago, Cocarum said:

modular warframe and 1 month DElay for sync update... yeah great move like always!

Considering it took them 3 months to ship Plains of Eidolon, 4 months to ship Fortuna, and 1 and a half year to ship Empyrean; I'd say waiting just over three weeks is a win on DE's part.

On 2020-08-01 at 9:29 PM, Felsagger said:

DE found the perfect formula. Right there. DE Tennocon WAS perfect because it gave believable material, they spoke about how they feel about the game and they rotated all their PR team. It was balanced. There where new faces and the usual devs. They managed the time perfectly for everything and provided believable results doing a recap of new frames, content and accessories. 

This WAS IT. A good delivery in every front because there was no over hype. We have to let DE know this because this should be the format from now on. This is why is wise to talk about down to earth projects, fair deliver without pooling the wool out of our eyes. I seriously respect DE for this well orchestrated attempt. This showed their true force and their down to earth delivery. 

I'm more than satisfied. I'm convinced that there will be enough War frame for more years to come. They attested the right pace in my opinion. 

Very well said. While I do like the ambitious "30,000 foot overview" of past TennoCons, you are absolutely correct in how this year just flat out worked perfectly. One thing I'm actually mad at is me missing two critical questions on the quiz. Took me right out of the top 500 and then 1k! Lol!! That was a really good quiz!

7 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Very well said. While I do like the ambitious "30,000 foot overview" of past TennoCons, you are absolutely correct in how this year just flat out worked perfectly. One thing I'm actually mad at is me missing two critical questions on the quiz. Took me right out of the top 500 and then 1k! Lol!! That was a really good quiz!

When they scaled down and reordered the forces inside DE their output was more than satisfactory. It's not the PR or the presentation. They know how to manage their time. The game got quality of life updates and projects that are feasible. A good revision for PoE and Fortuna would help make these places connected again. 

DE got creative and focused. They became themselves again going places, doing small feats, baking interesting small projects thinking in a steady growth with the game. They left aside the drama of the streamers making the streamers work their seat again. DE understood that drama, arguments and vitriol are forces that must be taken out of the community. When DE focuses on fun they get things right.

When the community focuses on making the game better, we get what we want helping the environment between developers, peers and supporters. DE understood that creative content associates will give authentic dividends to the game. DE understood that getting organized internally provides success to the environment of the game and the community. 

That vibe about gossip, internal fights, internal debates and the hostility that permeates on some users should make an exit and never return. This is a game meant to have fun, nothing else. Everything that gets in the middle of that should be considered a detour. We don't need them anymore. 

DE had a fair down to earth Tennocon. They should follow with this rhythm from now on. 

On 2020-08-01 at 6:55 PM, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Its just another island lol...

also the whole relay thing was very confusing. Did not get to see anything

During the actual TennoLive event, there were segments where it changed to the new Deimos stuff showing off new models. It was pretty cool.

2 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

During the actual TennoLive event, there were segments where it changed to the new Deimos stuff showing off new models. It was pretty cool.

Dont. Its another island. A new titleset where the derelict will be moved to. Its another island.

New titleset? Island.

New game mode? Island.

New Warframe? Island.

New functiality for a forgotten system? Island.

Remember, if its not connected to anything else but that instance you are currently in, its an island.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Dont. Its another island. A new titleset where the derelict will be moved to. Its another island.

Absolutely nothing to do with what I said or was referring to about the TennoCon relay. If you're that unhappy with the content, don't play it.

Personally, I love the lore and Orokin backstory, so I'm looking forward to the new history and stuff. I'd rather have things to do than simply hang around the Orbiter all day.

On 2020-08-02 at 1:01 AM, cha0sWyrM said:

i was especially interested in the sound panel...as i do sound design and make music myself. des sound people are pretty good, it was fun to hear them talk about their process a bit.

Yeah, really loved it too. And as you asked in the post further up, I also got the 40k Knight vibes from the nekramechs. First thing that went through my head was "Imperator Titan!". The middle one though that was  in the relay display reminded me more of something from The Dark Legion in Warzone/Mutant Chronicles/Siege of the Citadel etc.

24 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Absolutely nothing to do with what I said or was referring to about the TennoCon relay. If you're that unhappy with the content, don't play it.

Personally, I love the lore and Orokin backstory, so I'm looking forward to the new history and stuff. I'd rather have things to do than simply hang around the Orbiter all day.

If you had read the rest of my post, you would have seen that I was being completly sarcastic and it was in reguard to the post you quoted.

But then again, it wouldnt be Houston if there wasnt a problem. :clem:

16 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

OK, sorry 🙂

I can speak about why the new content is not an island. 

The mech bot for the tenno has a future. Could be used there and so on other open world as a drop with a cool down for the Tenno. That alone makes the content relevant for the rest of the game. 

The other aspect that the content has is the ability to shoot while riding. That is another game changer right there. The little mech speaks volumes about the story of War Frame because those where the first antique War Frames in the game. DE is trying to save the lore making it relevant again. 

Content island? Far from it. Xaku is an old model made out of other frames. He was one of the prototypes or the first ones on the War Frame construction technology. The Entrati family were one of the missing dynasties of the Orokin empire formed by over powerful lineage of families. This puts the lore into perspective. 

Was Deimos the right path? Yes, we where waiting this for years. Finally it arrived. DE went back to creativity mode. 

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

New titleset? Island.

New game mode? Island.

New Warframe? Island.

New functiality for a forgotten system? Island.

Remember, if its not connected to anything else but that instance you are currently in, its an island.

Great point. Sometimes, people take talking points too far. What DE showed was something I've been hoping for: the next phase of helminth and its relationship in the battle of the two strains. As far as I'm concerned, these smaller "chapters" (can't really say smaller with this game. Lol!) are going to keep me engaged, guessing and happily thirsty!

Archived