Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Request Of De

ForgemasterHD

Alright DE, I want complete honesty. Do you actually ever intend on implementing ideas of the forums, and do you actually use community feedback. Is there any point in posting here, and will you ever make this game more complete? Are you seriously looking at the Clear-cut, easily implemented, and better solutions from the community? Or should I just give up trying, and stay with the Titanic on it's final voyage until such time as I feel is right to abandon ship? The choice is yours, and any response that dodges a question will be taken as choice B. I hate to sound selfish, but when it comes down to it, I could be wasting my time elsewhere, doing more things, than playing a doomed, boring, overly random, and completely grindish game. I need to know.

EDIT: I understand that Warframe Forums post hundreds of ideas, I understand not all can be implemented. But what is happening is DE is essentially placing content for the sake of making content. There is nothing meaningful about the updates. There is nothing meaningful about warframe. Other threads explain this perfectly. The amount of Potential to what warframe can be, and what warframe is becoming. I feel that if three core elements: Purpose, progression, and experiences/uniqueness are not added, there is no reason to continue with this game.

Secondary EDIT: My request is DE answer my questions. That is it. I'm not asking for idea implementation, I'm not asking for content to be added. I'm asking if they plan on ever using the potential warframe has.

Edited by ForgemasterHD

Alright DE, I want complete honesty. Do you actually ever intend on implementing ideas of the forums, and do you actually use community feedback. Is there any point in posting here, and will you ever make this game more complete? Are you seriously looking at the Clear-cut, easily implemented, and better solutions from the community? Or should I just give up trying, and stay with the Titanic on it's final voyage until such time as I feel is right to abandon ship? The choice is yours, and any response that dodges a question will be taken as choice B. I hate to sound selfish, but when it comes down to it, I could be wasting my time elsewhere, doing more things, than playing a doomed, boring, overly random, and completely grindish game. I need to know.

If you watched the latest Prime Time episode, DERebecca stated that the wonderful scythe 'Hate' was actually heavily based off of someones concept. 

The thing you don't seem to understand is that they can't just source everything they see on the suggestions forums and implement it. Things need to be considered aside from 'does the community like this?'

DE is by far one of the best developers for listening to the community. Many changes are made based on community feedback.

HOWEVER if you're expecting DE to do everything you tell them to that's not what will happen. DE has plans for the game and it would be dumb to simply act on all the whims of the community, both individuals and as a group. I mean, a majority of people would say they want drop rates increased on everything, but that does not fit in with the plan and goes against the game's design.

That said, DE does respond to the feedback from the community. Sometimes even direct suggestions are used (such as login diorama contest), but often DE uses the forums as a means of gauging reactions to changes

Guest DeadGoanna

The thing you don't seem to understand is that they can't just source everything they see on the suggestions forums and implement it. Things need to be considered aside from 'does the community like this?'

Exactly. It would be the same as walking into mcdonalds with a burger idea.

If you watched the latest Prime Time episode, DERebecca stated that the wonderful scythe 'Hate' was actually heavily based off of someones concept. 

I feel you misread what I said.

There are universally agreed upon things that this game is flat out Missing. There are several key factors that make warframe a sinking ship. 

I understand that Warframe Forums post hundreds of ideas, I understand not all can be implemented. But what is happening is DE is essentially placing content for the sake of making content. There is nothing meaningful about the updates. There is nothing meaningful about warframe. Other threads explain this perfectly. The amount of Potential to what warframe can be, and what warframe is becoming. I feel that if three core elements: Purpose, progression, and experiences/uniqueness are not added, there is no reason to continue with this game.

Edited by ForgemasterHD

you may not have noticed them.

things such as mod stack up, diorama in login screen, trading, pvp arenas, Nerfing of creds in void??

Was actually taken from the ideas of people in the community.

It's just that not all of the opinions/ideas/suggestion can be brought up instantaneously, it takes time.

It's not like you're the only guy suggesting stuff right?

Edited by Fammia

There are universally agreed upon things that this game is flat out Missing. There are several key factors that make warframe a sinking ship. 

I think McDonalds is missing a triple-bacon-quadruple-patty-salsa-mustard-rye-bread burger. It really makes it a sinking ship for people like me.

I feel that if three core elements: Purpose, progression, and experiences/uniqueness are not added, there is no reason to continue with this game.

Purpose: To have fun and to be accessible to everyone. (Free)

Progression: Updates that appear every month or two.

Experiences/uniqueness: MOTHER-@(*()$ SPACE-PARKOURING-BOSSKILLING-MASSMURDERING-STEALTHY NINJA'S

There is nothing meaningful about the updates. There is nothing meaningful about warframe. Other threads explain this perfectly.

If you believe there is nothing meaningful about the updates and Warframe. 

Here's the door

open-door.jpg

Don't let it hit you on the way out

EDIT: I understand that Warframe Forums post hundreds of ideas, I understand not all can be implemented. But what is happening is DE is essentially placing content for the sake of making content. There is nothing meaningful about the updates. There is nothing meaningful about warframe. Other threads explain this perfectly. The amount of Potential to what warframe can be, and what warframe is becoming. I feel that if three core elements: Purpose, progression, and experiences/uniqueness are not added, there is no reason to continue with this game.

Secondary EDIT: My request is DE answer my questions. That is it. I'm not asking for idea implementation, I'm not asking for content to be added. I'm asking if they plan on ever using the potential warframe has.

Ruvio's gore

My Glaive... Just start a massive campaign it eventually ends up on their to do list sometimes... but you have to be persistent...

I can say with certainty that DE does in fact use the community's criticism and feedback in design decisions.

To some it may seem like DE "never listens" to the community, but that's really because there's a big issue of ideas, feedback and criticism competing and vying for supremacy.

Many players disagree with one another when it comes to ideas and criticisms brought forth for DE, and it's because of these disagreements that DE can't incorporate every single thing that every player wants. 

When you have a community this large, it's going to be impossible to please everyone with every aspect of the game. Just because you aren't pleased with feature X, Y and Z and that ideas A, B and C which you endorsed weren't implemented doesn't mean in any way that DE is ignoring the community. 

Do you actually ever intend on implementing ideas of the forums?
Nova is an example, sure that particular frame was hatched in the design council, however there is a considerable amount of game content that started out as players' ideas here on the forum. Many of the new Glaive mods were ideas proposed here on the forum.

Do you actually use community feedback. Is there any point in posting here, and will you ever make this game more complete?
I'm not a DE staff member, but they definitely do. Many changes to warframe abilities are a direct result of player feedback. Chances are DE is also working on tweaks to other facets (for example Heavy Caliber) based on huge amounts of feedback (see the Heavy Caliber thread).

Are you seriously looking at the Clear-cut, easily implemented, and better solutions from the community?

Again, this is a big community. There is no such thing as clear-cut, easy, "better solutions" because of disagreements. It's not black and white, it's a whole lot of gray. One "Better Solution" might make some players happy, but make others angry. The Heavy Caliber change is a great example of this... some of the community liked it, and was okay with it, and a big portion of the community was up in arms over it.

Just my $0.02 on this topic. Also there is a lot of paranoia and anger floating around right now as a result of certain changes to some elements of the game. Paranoia (which seems to be the big driving emotion behind this thread) and anger are not good emotions to have when trying to provide feedback. Basically the best type of--and the most accepted--feedback is the feedback that's presented in a cool, level-headed post.

This is the second "WHY DOESN'T DE LISTEN TO ME!" Thread I've seen in the last 24 hours.

I don't get it.

I read all of the update notes. I have a very creative and quirky vernacular. A few other players do as well.

Rebecca(and whoever gives her the info) quotes me, and them, directly, including our quirky vernacular, when addressing issues we posted about. I'm often quite pleased with myself when my unusual phrasing is put directly into the context of the solution, and I recognize the unusual phrasings of others as well.

They can't be adding, changing, or otherwise addressing things, and using our exact wording about what they've addressed, if they're not listening to us. They also post on the forum in response to things. Often. They also read the forums and the livestream chats, and have actually made on-the-fly changes, within hours of livestream, in regards to things people there spoke of.

They respond to pretty much everything we say, and if you've read the "community hot topics" posts, they don't just read them, they read them, archive them, respond to them, and explain what thoughts they have on them as a whole.

In fact, I'd go so far to say that the only thing the dev team has never responded to is the request for thursday night shows to be changed to "Time Prime", so we get an extra polarity slot. This saddens me, but the odd lack of easily obtainable gold frill doesn't really give the impression of "they never listen to us".

you may not have noticed them.

things such as mod stack up, diorama in login screen, trading, pvp arenas, Nerfing of creds in void??

Was actually taken from the ideas of people in the community.

It's just that not all of the opinions/ideas/suggestion can be brought up instantaneously, it takes time.

It's not like you're the only guy suggesting stuff right?

Ah yes, don't get me started on the whiners who keep telling them to nerf Void credit rewards since they has too much credits !

Now we got 10 rank 10 RARE fusion mods.

Next someone (yes there was one !!!) complains that fusion cores drop too often. I would laugh if they nerfed fusion core drop rate while still leaving you with those rank 10 mods.

DE has a lot of crap to sift through indeed.

Edited by fatpig84

Ah yes, don't get me started on the whiners who keep telling them to nerf Void credit rewards since they has too much credits !

Now we got 10 rank 10 RARE fusion cores.

Next someone (yes there was one !!!) complains that fusion cores drop too often. I would laugh if they nerfed fusion core drop rate while still leaving you with those rank 10 mods.

DE has a lot of crap to sift through indeed.

Agreed preparing myself for the hate you will get from the whiners. I applaud you brave soul.