Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC controller triggers not working as of new update

Satondai

For some reason my controller's triggers only want to work some of the time with warframe, this has only started this patch 28.2.1, I use an xbox one controller and haven't had any issues previously, when I checked to see if it was a hardware issue by testing another game, it worked perfectly in said other game. as i prefer to play using a controller, this makes it quite difficult as sometimes it won't let me aim, or in worse cases, shoot. and by sometimes, i mean 50% of the time.

I'm having the same issue, glad it isn't just me I guess. Maybe related to this?

Controller Fix:

• Fixed PC controllers not properly reflecting the active controller connections. This mostly affects systems that had virtual controllers (when using middleware to connect DualShock or other controllers without native Windows support) or controllers that were unplugged/turned off after Windows had already assigned them to a controller slot. Previously, only the controller in the first slot was able to control the game, but now the game will now update dynamically to allow the first active controller to control the game.

I am also having the same issue both triggers work only 50 percent of the time. 4 Xbox controllers and same issue wired Bluetooth doesn't make a difference. The triggers work perfectly fine on any other game. 

I have problems with the triggers frequently not registering after the last update (xbox controller).  A persistent problem I also have is that when I am sliding and let off the shoulder button my warframe will randomly decide it wants to roll instead of just coming out of slide.  It does this while slide jumping as well.

Also had the camera bug out while trying to kill my lich and it wouldn't show button prompts, so I manage to convert the stupid thing instead of killing it like I wanted.  Hopefully they can revert that because otherwise, liches are a part of the game I am never touching again.

I've been having this issue for days now. Triggers will only respond when they want to. I'm not sure why. I used a wired controller and have zero issues in other games (was playing Division 2, Vampyr, and Mirror's Edge 2 with no issues at all) This only happens in Warframe and I would like to know how to fix it.

20 hours ago, lemonforest said:

If you're using the Steam client launcher, double check that it hasn't defaulted back to the DE config for Steam Controller. This will cause all sorts of shouting and swearing.NnshiwZ.png

Unfortunately I have my controller made to not respond to steams configurations, and instead the default configs in the games. though i did try when my triggers started failing, but no bueno, it continued to happen. again, before this update, no issues.

You can manually select for it to be a default config for whichever controller type in steam if you were to use Steam's controller config thing. I have to reset mine to xbox one since, every once in a awhile, an update will reset it back to the steam controller config.

4 hours ago, artfullounger1 said:

yo so like its been almost a week, anyone figure a way around this?!

I doubt it at this point lad.
Add me to the list of trigger sluggishness. And it's only the triggers as well to be more specific, all of the buttons and all of the analog sticks work fine, only the controllers decide not to function occasionally. Makes me think that during this process they may have accidentally looked specifically for third party first and then fuzzed something up in between first party software. It's interesting, this bug.

Same issue here. I had an old controller so i bought a brand new one and it's still having the same issue. Both triggers not working with xbox controller about 40% of trigger pulls. Works perfectly fine in other games as well as i tested it in the Set up USB controller app and they are working fine, just not in Warframe

I'm wondering if this is a problem particular to the Steam Input handling for the game. If you're playing through Steam, could you try right click on Warframe in your Library, click Properties, and then select Forced off for Steam Input Per-Game Setting and let me know if that remedies the issue?

1 hour ago, [DE]Jengerer said:

I'm wondering if this is a problem particular to the Steam Input handling for the game. If you're playing through Steam, could you try right click on Warframe in your Library, click Properties, and then select Forced off for Steam Input Per-Game Setting and let me know if that remedies the issue?

Forced off is whats causing the issue. When I use Forced on or Use your global Steam Input Settings (Xbox) the trigger issues go away. I'm currently using the "Use your global Steam Input Settings (XBOX)" setting. I had to go into steams big picture mode and reconfigure my sensitivity for my right joystick, but the issue went away.

@[DE]Jengerer I would still try to get this issue fixed on your guys end which I'm sure you guys will. We shouldn't have to use this work around to fix a default issue.

@artfullounger1 This worked for me.

Archived