Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release the Athodai for Everyone!

Novashank

DE, I think it's really unfair that a large portion of the population have missed out on getting such a cool weapon! Not all of us get to watch a stream when it's happening, let alone for 30 minutes. Heck, I didn't even know about the stream till less than an hour ago! And that sucks, cause this looks like my kind of weapon right here, and now I don't get to have it.

I'm sure you'll release it a year from now, but let's be honest, by then it's most likely going to be rendered near-obsolete by all the other powerful weapons and gameplay updates that are out by then. Can you just make this a Tenno reinforcement for everyone to buy and build? Even a Clan Tech weapon? I personally see no reason why this should be an exclusive item. Most of the people that have it probably won't even use it for very long, but I know I would.

Could have simply had any stream open in the background while you were sleeping.

4 minutes ago, Novashank said:

Heck, I didn't even know about the stream till less than an hour ago!

I honestly don't even know how that's even remotely possible, unless you first heard about the game today.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Weapon will be released eventually later, it's sad that you missed it but it is what it is.

Easy to say when you didn't miss it. Tell that to everyone else who missed it too. I doubt they want to wait a whole year.

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Could have simply had any stream open in the background while you were sleeping.

I honestly don't even know how that's even remotely possible, unless you first heard about the game today.

Probably cause I don't always look at the news module and I haven't played the last few days. That doesn't change the fact that many of us missed this and it stings.

5 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The event was announced way before 'the last few days'.

Well I still missed the memo. Call me crazy, call me stupid, call me oblivious, but I missed it. Call all the other people who missed it that too if you like, because no amount of notice would have been adequate for anyone who just couldn't be available during the time window.

9 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Well if it makes you feel better, many players that watched the stream for 3-4 hours including myself, still don't have it.

Kinda wish they'd stop it with the Twitch crud and just focus on their own game / platform.

I highly agree with that. At least you will still get it though. The rewards have been delayed for a lot of people, but you'll all still get them soon enough at least. The rest of us have to wait likely a year until DE decides to find an inconvenient way to implement the weapon into the game, like farming Invasions.

7 minutes ago, Novashank said:

DE, I think it's really unfair that a large portion of the population have missed out on getting such a cool weapon! Not all of us get to watch a stream when it's happening, let alone for 30 minutes. Heck, I didn't even know about the stream till less than an hour ago! And that sucks, cause this looks like my kind of weapon right here, and now I don't get to have it.

I'm sure you'll release it a year from now, but let's be honest, by then it's most likely going to be rendered near-obsolete by all the other powerful weapons and gameplay updates that are out by then. Can you just make this a Tenno reinforcement for everyone to buy and build? Even a Clan Tech weapon? I personally see no reason why this should be an exclusive item. Most of the people that have it probably won't even use it for very long, but I know I would.

Whoever else agrees, please share your voice with mine and let's see what DE thinks about it! I know I'm not the only one who feels junk-punched by this and who doesn't want to have to wait a year or so just to get my hands on the Athodai!

Ok so first off, what's your source that a large portion of the population missed it? Genuine question btw, i'm interested to know where those figures were stored and counted so quickly.

Secondly, i'm not sure how you didn't know about the wep, its been on the Forum and the ingame newsfeed for at least a week. Along with directions on how to link your accounts to get them. And then advertised during the actual stream with instructions too. I honestly can't think of how they could have notified players more.

Finally, you didnt have to be ingame to get it, there wasnt a paywall and theres no limited time code. You just had to stick the stream onto Twitch on your Phone/Tablet/Laptop for 30 mins after linking the 2 accounts, which took seconds. People hail from different timezones, thats understandable, but you didnt even have to physically be there, just turn on the app, put it on silent and go do you.

It probably will release eventually, maybe even with Deimos, but i'm sorry, there was absolutely nothing unfair about it.

Wow if I could get just one positive voice on here instead of more people telling me that it's ridiculous that I somehow managed to miss the news, that would be great. Look y'all I'm not perfect. I miss things. I make mistakes. Does that mean I deserve to miss out?

That's not the real issue, people. The real issue is that even though a lot of people did know about the stream, not everyone was able to watch it for other reasons! Should we just give all of them the cold shoulder and tell them that "Them's the breaks. Oh well, sorry to hear that!"? Really? I for one don't think so, but I guess that's like, my opinion, right?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Secondly, i'm not sure how you didn't know about the wep, its been on the Forum and the ingame newsfeed for at least a week.

To be fair on OP, I only found out about it this week. It is something that is easy to miss if you aren’t playing the game much. And not everyone keeps a close eye on the forums. I don’t think DE could have been more clear, because it is down to the players not checking the official sites for information. My assumption is that DE would just release it next update.

I don’t understand all the complaints about it though. How hard is it to set it up on a PC/phone etc and just leave it running?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Ok so first off, what's your source that a large portion of the population missed it? Genuine question btw, i'm interested to know where those figures were stored and counted so quickly.

Secondly, i'm not sure how you didn't know about the wep, its been on the Forum and the ingame newsfeed for at least a week. Along with directions on how to link your accounts to get them. And then advertised during the actual stream with instructions too. I honestly can't think of how they could have notified players more.

Finally, you didnt have to be ingame to get it, there wasnt a paywall and theres no limited time code. You just had to stick the stream onto Twitch on your Phone/Tablet/Laptop for 30 mins after linking the 2 accounts, which took seconds. People hail from different timezones, thats understandable, but you didnt even have to physically be there, just turn on the app, put it on silent and go do you.

It probably will release eventually, maybe even with Deimos, but i'm sorry, there was absolutely nothing unfair about it.

I can't take your questions or your argument seriously. I can already tell you don't want to be convinced of my opinion even if I bothered, so I won't. If you don't think it's unfair that a lot of people had no choice but to miss the stream (and is it really that farfetched to imagine that many people did, do I really to provide you a source for that info for you to believe it?), then I guess you don't care how this makes people feel. And if you really want a "source" go pay Region Chat a visit.

10 minutes ago, krc473 said:

To be fair on OP, I only found out about it this week. It is something that is easy to miss if you aren’t playing the game much. And not everyone keeps a close eye on the forums. I don’t think DE could have been more clear, because it is down to the players not checking the official sites for information. My assumption is that DE would just release it next update.

I don’t understand all the complaints about it though. How hard is it to set it up on a PC/phone etc and just leave it running?

I really hope they do release it soon because my assumption is that we won't see it for another year (based on past experience with DE doing this sort of thing). It's not that it's hard to be bothered, it's that some people go on vacation, their internet doesn't work or it cuts out during the stream, you get the idea I hope.

Most of you so far have been critical of my post and my reasons. I don't think that's fair because you all have the reward and I don't, and neither do all the people I'm doing this on behalf of. Can those of you criticizing do me and these people a favor and just maybe leave the post alone? It's not going to hurt ANY of you for this post to gain traction, or for DE to release this weapon for everyone. It will sort of hurt us that we missed out on this reward. Why do any of you find it reasonable or necessary to attack my request? What good is it doing any of you? 

This is the reason I don't like to go on these forums. Every time I and many others make what I or they believe is a reasonable post and/or request, people heavily criticize it and hardly anyone supports it, no matter what it is. No matter how sensible it might seem. I can't change the culture though, I can only influence it and put my voice out there anyway. I don't care how intensely you all disagree with me on this, I'm not going to let it stop me this time. I'm here for the people that didn't get the rewards who aren't happy with it, not the people that did get the rewards and seem to not want everyone to have them. No, I'm not just going to get over it. I don't think it's right to tell them all to just get over it either. If you don't agree with my request, you don't have to leave your criticism. Please just let it be because it's not hurting you. It does hurt me and others that we had to miss out though. So can you all just please be understanding of that? Thank you.

I'm sure DE is going to side with you guys and gals on this matter anyways, and not give us all this item till much later. It's a long shot for me as usual but I thought I'd have a little faith just one more time. We'll soon see whether it was in vain or not. So far, it looks like it was. I'm getting the usual "That's too bad, you should've been more vigilant, too bad, you should've grinded more, stop whining stop complaining, get over it, your problems are your fault and DE does no wrong" vibe that this community is infamous for.

13 minutes ago, Novashank said:

It's not that it's hard to be bothered, it's that some people go on vacation, their internet doesn't work or it cuts out during the stream, you get the idea I hope.

I guess I am too used to internet access not being an issue anywhere. I do get what you mean, it just doesn't seem like a massive issue for most places. I could be wrong of course.

10 minutes ago, Novashank said:

I can't take your questions or your argument seriously. I can already tell you don't want to be convinced of my opinion even if I bothered, so I won't. If you don't think it's unfair that a lot of people had no choice but to miss the stream (and is it really that farfetched to imagine that many people did, do I really to provide you a source for that info for you to believe it?), then I guess you don't care how this makes people feel. And if you really want a "source" go pay Region Chat a visit.

Nowhere, the whole "large portion of the population" came from nowhere, gotcha.

And btw you just completely destroyed your own argument there. If you're trying to say that it was impossible for people to open an app on their phone for 30 mins, then there shouldnt be anyone in Region Chat as your "examples". The logic of being unable to open Twitch (An app available even through most-if-not-all Gaming Consoles) but being able to log in 10 mins after the stream and give out in Region Chat is astounding. How that could be possible could never ever be explained.

There was a choice. Watch and get a reward, or don't and don't. Trying to say people had no choice, and claiming it was a large portion of people too, is incredibly incorrect. I'm sorry but this is on you, not DE. You obviously were too busy to know TennoCon was actually a thing and somehow didnt log in for 30 mins out of a possible 5-6 hours. 

26 minutes ago, Novashank said:

Most of you so far have been critical of my post and my reasons. I don't think that's fair because you all have the reward and I don't, and neither do all the people I'm doing this on behalf of. Can those of you criticizing do me and these people a favor and just maybe leave the post alone? It's not going to hurt ANY of you for this post to gain traction, or for DE to release this weapon for everyone. It will sort of hurt us that we missed out on this reward. Why do any of you find it reasonable or necessary to attack my request? What good is it doing any of you? 

This is the reason I don't like to go on these forums. Every time I and many others make what I or they believe is a reasonable post and/or request, people heavily criticize it and hardly anyone supports it, no matter what it is. No matter how sensible it might seem. I can't change the culture though, I can only influence it and put my voice out there anyway. I don't care how intensely you all disagree with me on this, I'm not going to let it stop me this time. I'm here for the people that didn't get the rewards who aren't happy with it, not the people that did get the rewards and seem to not want everyone to have them. No, I'm not just going to get over it. I don't think it's right to tell them all to just get over it either. If you don't agree with my request, you don't have to leave your criticism. Please just let it be because it's not hurting you. It does hurt me and others that we had to miss out though. So can you all just please be understanding of that? Thank you.

I'm sure DE is going to side with you guys and gals on this matter anyways, and not give us all this item till much later. It's a long shot for me as usual but I thought I'd have a little faith just one more time. We'll soon see whether it was in vain or not. So far, it looks like it was. I'm getting the usual "That's too bad, you should've been more vigilant, too bad, you should've grinded more, stop whining stop complaining, get over it, your problems are your fault and DE does no wrong" vibe that this community is infamous for.

I actually agree that they shouldn't make an MR weapon exclusive to twitch drops. The biggest reason being many people who even watched the stream, myself included, didn't get it because twitch drops are so buggy. But your response on this thread? I can't agree with that and it makes me feel icky finding myself on your side of this particular issue. No one is being mean here but you're acting like a victim because they don't simply agree with you. You've called names and insulted people and assumed they'd dishonestly disregard you before giving them a chance. That's incredibly childish, especially in response to a weapon that's stats are weak to begin with. You're not a martyr for the unheard masses, they can complain on the forums just as easily as you can, you're just a random player.You need to back away from the situation and cool off for a few hours and consider the feedback and see if your responses are appropriate.

1 hour ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Weapon will be released eventually later, it's sad that you missed it but it is what it is.

Source? Because if I can get in any other way I wouldn't be so pissed for watching the whole event and not getting it, with a checked linked account.

Archived