Delve Into Heart of Deimos!

I had my doubts after last Tennocon and the last updates, but holy f*ck. You guys seriously knocked it out of the park. I still have no idea how you can deliver a new planet, with its own open world, with its own characters, quest and giant bosses. AND mechs. AND the Helminth update. AND the new player experience. 

Unbelievable. I have no words. Thank you so much, DE. 

• Like 1

Honestly I’m not too big on the ability swap so will the helminth chrysalis be able to upgrade or add certain passive stats to frames at the cost of resources or even directly upgrade ability stats or is this the finalized version of the chrysalis system.

Edited by (PS4)TIMBER_W_TAP

So, quick question, what will happen to the Steel Path Derelict model? Will it become inaccessible from August 25th? Will it be dropped alongside the Deimos model instead? Just wondering, I'm glad I got mine early now.

• Like 2

Good chance I just missed it, lots of stuff to pay attention to, but was it mentioned what would happen to the current stuff in the derelicts? IE orokin vaults/corrupted mods, the lephantis, the emissary assassinate?

I like the idea of the derelicts being replaced, but there's a lot of reasons to go to the derelicts that seem missing from deimos.

Edited by streak1
4 hours ago, (PS4)dst123daniel said:

I'm only speculating, but is it likely to be the same ability that each frame can cast remotely in railjack?

Well, Mag's ability for this was demonstrated to be Pull but her remote-railjack ability is Magnetize.
So at least in this case, it doesn't line up.

• Like 1

Firstly, I want to express how much I appreciated DE for how they handled the BLM stuff a while ago, and also wish to sincerely commend DE for including a member of the trans community among your panel during Tennocon! I don't usually sing praises for many game developers these days. DE has displayed some great use of principle at a time of need. I just wanted to put that somewhere. I'm not sure where to put it. I don't know if this is meant to be placed somewhere else, or kept to myself. It's just my opinion.

I am very, very excited about everything revealed during the Tennocon 2020 exhibit! I am especially glad to see more ideas, work and love put into the Infestation! I just want to either run up to the Infested Ashen, Infested Bone Blade and Infested Femur and give them a nice, long hug - or to throw my body into the fray so they could possibly tear me apart to use it in their own constitution (sadly, the least of my problems is being stuck away from the battlefield where I can't reach them without the use of Warframes). I also look forward to the day that I can teach about 50% of my Warframes how to cast Grendel's first ability, Feast - especially my Nidus(es)...for personal entertainment! Nothing suspicious! Don't look at me like that 😅

(and now for some inconherent ramblings, yay!)

I was wondering about something else. I want to sell this to others, so please bear with me. I want to romanticise the Infestation. Personally, I sympathise and identify with the venerable Infestation (or as I just now for no reason whatsoever have decided to refer to them as the Pan-biological Unification Suppurate, or PUS), therefore, I would like to work for a faction that allows me to perform tasks exclusively on the behalf of the Infestation, and ultimately make the whole solar system a better place by abolishing our primitive interpersonal conflicts and uniting all life forms as 0ne - in the form of idle, hive-minded husks of flesh, sinew, metal, bone and myelinated sheaths of ganglia - all working for unified imperatives! Hail to Arlo! Praise to Lephantis! They are very honourable opponents. They always come out to play the 'Seek' part of 'Hide and Seek' and they ALWAYS find you if you're not c̶h̶e̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ invisible (and they're also very adorable ❤)!

Ahem! Uhh- I mean...I would like to be sent away (virtually anywhere in the Solar System map) on missions where I could, say, free the poor Infested that are kept in cages and unable to optimally perform their predisposed directive of eviscerating sapients, and positively emancipating them from their lives as peripatetic, wasteful, useless, and at best commensal individuals - and in its stead transforming them into that which transcends the typical narrow-sighted, uninteresting, temporary and pseudo-altruistic genetic imperatives of their former crippled concept of the individual self! Perhaps I could be sent out to...appropriate some Grineer or Corpus and bring back their corpses to the Infested home base so they could be repurposed into something far, far more grand and profound than they could ever have imagined or achieved through any volition of their own! To a wonderful post-living existence and experience! 

I am on the side of peace! I would like to work under an Infestation faction where I fight alongside Infestation as allies! I do not despise, denigrate or discriminate! Everyone can be redeemed under the correct circumstances, exempli gratia - sometimes, they have to be turned into corpses first and then complete their emancipation phase by being presented to those that truly care about them: the venerable Infestation! 'Tis not murder! 'Tis a privilege and a generous posthumous gift! I-um- we must be given an opportunity to work alongside the Infested and show them that, although I, a wielder of Warframes that cannot be converted, and perhaps also some sort of imperfect, misshapen cousin of the Infested, can show them that I am not a threat, obstacle, nor antagonist - but a powerful ally! And I just want my Nidus to feel at home and be loved by more than their just their own Infested larvae! We all need it. We all need love. Love also does need us, ergo love Nidus; love Infestation! Hail to Arlo and glory to Lephantis! To become, and forever remain, 0ne - first you must surrender and become n0ne, returning to the dominant void and nothingness whence you came! Join us! Join the Infestation!

...cogito, ergo nihil erit...

#infestedfaction #infestedally

6 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

allow the Helminth to consume a Warframe whole to extract one Ability to infuse into another.

Is this how you're finally going to give a #1 ability to Valkyr?

• Like 2

Woah, tbh, I was preparing to see something lame, but now I'm actually really glad that I decided to watch the whole event online, cause it was amazing. No empty promises (well, I'm kinda old to the game, so I just can't believe that we will see all 3 of the new frames till the end of the year, but hope to see at least alchemist one), no trailers of updates that we will most likely will see in few years, no concepts of things that may or may not make it into the game, just pure awesomeness of new stuff that coming into the game pretty soon™

But I have one question - will there be an easier way to rebuild only quest-obtained warframes to feed them to the helminth?

Cause I made some calculations and there are currently 14 warframes, whose blueprints (and sometimes, parts), can only be obtained once through completing the quest. Blueprints alone will require 1 400 000 simaris standing, which only by the numbers, already looks like a huge grindwall, which will cause a lot of pain in the butt. So, maybe, a discount?

Edited by TheOlright
  • Like 4

This was amazing but again should of focused on finishing the new war imho but this update looks freaking awesome I need me a gundam lol

Also

hungry feed me GIF

Edited by paul5473
  • Like 1

This would have been such a loud live Tennocon if it was all live in person compared to the other Tennocons. Incredible. Was getting real bored of warframe, but this is something worth sticking around for

I wonder, if there is only one ability per Warframe that can be infused, and the signature ability are removed from this system. It will mean that the Vex Armor of Chroma (the only ability of chroma that is independent of is energy color) could be his authorized ability, isn't he ?

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Is this how you're finally going to give a #1 ability to Valkyr?

Better replacing with something else instead of letting DE keeps ignoring her. This movement shows they can’t keep up with Warframe reworks, so they just let players rework the frames themselves

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Better replacing with something else instead of letting DE keeps ignoring her. This movement shows they can’t keep up with Warframe reworks, so they just let players rework the frames themselves

This is going to be a balancing nightmare. Any kind of direct attack capability on Limbo (eg. shock, shuriken, Nidus' #1, spores or god help, an exalted weapon) gives you something which is completely immune to all incoming damage and can just sit there and snipe at everything without worry about running out of energy. And that's just what I could think of in 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Please, please, please do not make the standing as obnoxiously mandatory as in Fortuna! Do not make it so that we have to reach a certain level of standing just to do something! Please do not do that! There are solo players in this game, have some freaking mercy!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

Have they mentioned if there’s a limitation on where we can put infused warframe abilities? Like will we be able to put Pull in the 3rd slot or will it be limited to its original ability slot?

You can replace any slot with donated, probably except ultumate

@TheOlright

I saw on Reddit that [DE] Pablo mentioned that all Warframe Simaris BPs will have their costs halved. So it'll still be a grind but not so obnoxious like it is currently.

And here's other details about the Helminth:

unknown.png

Edited by Degaz3000
  • Like 1