Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delve Into Heart of Deimos!

[DE]Helen

First off BRAVO DE! Looks like you did it again great job to everyone involved. Now if I could get an "OFFICIAL" answer from DE regarding  Helminth Chrysalis system, now the way I understand it you can say take a vanilla Ivara's Prowl, a Vanilla Mag's Pull, and a Vanilla Vauban's #2 (can't remember the name of the power) and feed them all to Audrey and then replace Excalibur's first three powers, not all at once of course, but one at a time thus giving Excalibur Pull for his 1 Vauban's 2 for his 2 and Prowl for his 3. Am I correct in how this system is going to work? Please only an answer from DE thank you:)

14 hours ago, Nez-Kal said:

Finding the exact moment in stream to link to you. BRB.

Starts explanation here:
https://youtu.be/epF7IzRHSDA?t=20690

"Limitation" Explanation starts here:
https://youtu.be/epF7IzRHSDA?t=20784

Giving Power to another Warframe Explanation starts here:
https://youtu.be/epF7IzRHSDA?t=20884

I have doubts on how it will work with some frames, for example:

- How will the cost of skills be applied to frames like Hildrin?
- Will Hildrin's abilities be inutes in frames like Nidus or Inaros (since they cost shield) or will there be a conversion?
- Will Equinox be able to donate one skill in the day form and one in the night form?
- How will Grendel or Limbo contribute skills if they are linked?
(with Grendel, for example, you need to consume something in order to use the other skills)

In any case, it seems interesting the possibilities that this "Kanai's Cube" system will be opened for the game, I like!

Quick question and I'm sorry if this has already been answered before/elsewhere;

With the Orokin Derelict being retired, where are Corrupted Mods (Vile Acceleration, Blind Rage, & etc) going to be found? Are these being added to the Heart of Deimos open world bounties, the new world bosses or something else ?

(I missed the whole event due to real life so I apologies again if I've missed something while trying to catch up.)

That aside, I'm very much looking forward to the update. Especially since it's going live on all platforms at the same time. Thanks, DE, for all the hard work during this stressfultime.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ApolloStrife said:

Quick question and I'm sorry if this has already been answered before/elsewhere;

With the Orokin Derelict being retired, where are Corrupted Mods (Vile Acceleration, Blind Rage, & etc) going to be found? Are these being added to the Heart of Deimos open world bounties, the new world bosses or something else ?

(I missed the whole event due to real life so I apologies again if I've missed something while trying to catch up.)

That aside, I'm very much looking forward to the update. Especially since it's going live on all platforms at the same time. Thanks, DE, for all the hard work during this stressfultime.

There will be normal missions on Deimos too, not only open world/free roam, so guess they put drop tables from Derelict missions there

eaowzd5vdje51.jpg

il y a 58 minutes, Takkov a dit :

Was anything mentioned about the new war, since that was supposed to be released last year, just like the command intrinsic, that should have been released at the beginning of this year?

Basically they said that with the work at home situation, they pushed back everything they needed the studio for, and pushed the heart of deimos forward as it was easier to work on from home (I suppose it has to do with the performance capture needed for those things, but really I don't know).

Overall, this update could be very good, depending on how it will be handled.

The new open world area could be very cool, WITHOUT a standing system similar to those of POE and Fortuna. You should think of something far more compelling than that.

HCS could be very interesting, depending on transferrable abilities. You should chose those very carefully and reconsider some of the current limitations : I get why you wouldn't allow ulti and signature abilities to be transfered (we don't want to break the game), but subsumed frames should be allowed to transfer two abilities, and receiving ones should be able to change two of their innate abilities with subsumed ones. I mean, having only one crappy ability to transfer for each frame wouldn't really be worth it.

Once again, you have pretty damn good ideas there, just don't ruin them (again) with poor and lazy execution.

2 hours ago, ZukeZima said:

I have doubts on how it will work with some frames, for example:

- How will the cost of skills be applied to frames like Hildrin?
- Will Hildrin's abilities be inutes in frames like Nidus or Inaros (since they cost shield) or will there be a conversion?
- Will Equinox be able to donate one skill in the day form and one in the night form?
- How will Grendel or Limbo contribute skills if they are linked?
(with Grendel, for example, you need to consume something in order to use the other skills)

In any case, it seems interesting the possibilities that this "Kanai's Cube" system will be opened for the game, I like!

Pablo mentioned on twitter that they had to “fudge” some of the abilities like Grendel and limbo’s so they’d work on everyone. Like I can imagine equinox just letting you cycle or tap/hold abilities to swap, and Grendel not requiring things in his stomach etc...

As for Hildryn, I assume it’d be easy enough to convert the shield cost to energy and vice versa 

5 hours ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

Pablo mentioned on twitter that they had to “fudge” some of the abilities like Grendel and limbo’s so they’d work on everyone. Like I can imagine equinox just letting you cycle or tap/hold abilities to swap, and Grendel not requiring things in his stomach etc...

As for Hildryn, I assume it’d be easy enough to convert the shield cost to energy and vice versa 

nice, thanks for your reply, o/

I have some questions regarding Helminth Chrysalis System too. I think that it's extremely bad designed in relation to Warframe's economy system and players' time investment to the game. The idea is good, but the implementation is not (or I should say the rules that we are meant to follow when using this Helminth transfer). Best comparison ? It's kinda like focus system from Second Dream, as it was on launch, before all changes - grindy, beyond limits of sanity and all the grind  with little to no rewards. And what about Ability Transfer ? (because I said "it's kinda like...") It's much worse ; _ ; It needs some reworks and redesings, even before launch with Heart of Deimos.

The largest waste of potential for this system manifests in it's "one time usage" nature. Change 1 ability for 1 warframe, for good, and it does not help that you can transfer certain ability to only chosen configs. Solution ? Make it modular, just like modding, players will invest resources to unlock and upgrade Helminth's abilities or warframe's abilities instead of using them to install 1 ability on 1 frame. Therefore, after unlocking, we are free to switch between unlocked abilities without costs, as easy as changing mods in arsenal. Unlocked abilities are available for all your warframes. Oh, and maybe add an additional fifth slot for Helminth's abilities only. Excessive grind beyond limits of sanity ? Solved. Fun, enjoyment, satisfaction ? Added. Respect to players' time investment to the game? Sure... well, not exactly, there is one problem.

Everything is probably coded as it is right now or done in 70% and DE don't have time to recode or code this system again, almost form scratches, just to implement such big changes. I belive that Ability Transfer has been tied to configs, so there is nothing we can do. 

In short words, current version of Ability Transfer is unhealthy for customization depth that Waframe has to offer and is not fair for players. If anyone wants to try all possible combinations of powers on every warframe, how much time and resources will it cost ? Too much, we could be building new warframes (to try these combinations) for our entire life and it still won't be enough. 

Spoiler
38 minutes ago, Orfeusz said:

I have some questions regarding Helminth Chrysalis System too. I think that it's extremely bad designed in relation to Warframe's economy system and players' time investment to the game. The idea is good, but the implementation is not (or I should say the rules that we are meant to follow when using this Helminth transfer). Best comparison ? It's kinda like focus system from Second Dream, as it was on launch, before all changes - grindy, beyond limits of sanity and all the grind  with little to no rewards. And what about Ability Transfer ? (because I said "it's kinda like...") It's much worse ; _ ; It needs some reworks and redesings, even before launch with Heart of Deimos.

The largest waste of potential for this system manifests in it's "one time usage" nature. Change 1 ability for 1 warframe, for good, and it does not help that you can transfer certain ability to only chosen configs. Solution ? Make it modular, just like modding, players will invest resources to unlock and upgrade Helminth's abilities or warframe's abilities instead of using them to install 1 ability on 1 frame. Therefore, after unlocking, we are free to switch between unlocked abilities without costs, as easy as changing mods in arsenal. Unlocked abilities are available for all your warframes. Oh, and maybe add an additional fifth slot for Helminth's abilities only. Excessive grind beyond limits of sanity ? Solved. Fun, enjoyment, satisfaction ? Added. Respect to players' time investment to the game? Sure... well, not exactly, there is one problem.

Everything is probably coded as it is right now or done in 70% and DE don't have time to recode or code this system again, almost form scratches, just to implement such big changes. I belive that Ability Transfer has been tied to configs, so there is nothing we can do. 

In short words, current version of Ability Transfer is unhealthy for customization depth that Waframe has to offer and is not fair for players. If anyone wants to try all possible combinations of powers on every warframe, how much time and resources will it cost ? Too much, we could be building new warframes (to try these combinations) for our entire life and it still won't be enough. 

For the first time, I actually think that this is not badly designed system and that all aspects have been taken into account.
It's designed with veterans in mind and in a way which should not disrupt the meta too much or become mandatory for anything(that's why there are limitations in place).

After they revealed it, before describing it deeply I had a few concerns(which have all been adressed) like:
1.Do we need to sacrifice a frame every time we want its ability? NO, once one frame is sacrificed, the ability is stored into the Helminth's library forever.
2.What if I want to go back and forth between no ability change or multiple changes? Simple, ability changes are linked config slots, so I could have one vanilla(A), one with an ability swap(B) and another config(C) with another ability swap.
3. I would assume there are limitations to the number of abilities we could swap and which ones we could get from frames...otherwise it'll just be chaos. Yes, you can only change one ability per config and the abilities are predetermined and not ults/signatures.

The only time gate that seemed to exist was the subsuming of one frame, otherwise, it looks like you can swap freely without any downtime. The only cost is resources which is fine. I am fine with it because nobody is going to change abilities like socks. 

I don't think you have to try all combinations, because you can surely make an educated guess on how 80% of them would work and interact with frames.

Take Volt's Shock for example, do you really think you have to test it on everything? It's a boom...electric damage and status ability with a neat augment that gives you weapon damage....it's downright a passive.
Same goes with Saryn's Molt(2), Mag's Pull(1), Frost's Ice Wave(2), Nezha's Fire Walker(1) - All of these are confirmed afaik. 
They are picking the rather boring and straightforward abilities, and that's not a bad thing. When we'll get the full list, we'll know what combinations and synergies are likely to work so the whole "test everything" argument is honestly bull.

You know how it's going to go down? Veterans with high MRs and a bajillion of resources will likely test everything for the community and create a "Tier list" to guide casual players on what feels and works better. 

This might be jumping the gun a bit, but this new Heminth system actually has the potential to backdoor another idea I had discussed with others when we had Zaws and Kitguns established: making your own custom Warframe. It sounds kind of crazy, but Helminth will have a selection of abilities that we can select from to implement into Warframes and we'll be able to add to that library by sacrificing base Warframes. With the Helminth Crysalis system it could work towards another form of end-game, where we surpass the Orokin (or restart what they did for our own aims).

I dunno, just an idea. Really enjoyed Tenno Con and all the craziness the Red Text had on the relays.

On 2020-08-02 at 2:59 AM, -Zr-Scroll said:

Phenomenal TennoCon 2020!!

Astounding brilliance! All of it, Live Event production value, how genuine your interactions are with the community, the artstyle, THE LORE, the gameplay aspects and depth of it all...

Year after year you continue to impress me!

I feel proud to be a Founder! 💗

Thank you, DE!

i would be proud i could be proud if they

fix current worthless abilities before doing anything else

ash shuriken

excal radial javelin

oberon reckoning

chroma spectral scream and augment

skills should be fun and scale with ennemies lvl

old mods like reflection that just dont ork at all

thunderbolt that should scale

and much more

Will there be a limit as to how many frames can be subsumed simultaniously at any given time, or can we only do one frame per day (initially, but could increase through something such as MR or our rank with Helminth)? As players are likely grinding out dupes of frames as preparation for it, might be handy to know ahead of time.

Equinox is gonna be pain, and I just had her.

On 2020-08-02 at 8:08 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Xaku, The Broken Warframe

You said Xaku is a 'he'. Ain't Xaku a 'she'? Because there were already 2 male frames before Protea and the 2 after Xaku are male frames too.

On 2020-08-01 at 9:08 PM, [DE]Helen said:

HELMINTH CHRYSALIS SYSTEM

Arriving with Heart of Deimos is the Helminth Chrysalis system, a brand-new way to customize your Warframe’s Abilities. Feed the Helminth resources to unlock a new suite of Abilities, or allow the Helminth to consume a Warframe whole to extract one Ability to infuse into another.

I kinda expected a new open world for the last remaining (main) faction, but I was really positively surprised with the results. Really awesome!

But I have to say... of course I trashed every frame once the prime version arrived... There is going to be a lot of redoing what I've already done and really annoying farming for frames... Trinity requires getting tokens from ambulas in other lvls to then fight the Boss, Equinox with the 2 aspects and twice the farming, Ash requires basically random encounters with that psycho grineer... not to mension the frames that DON'T have a Prime version but I would have to farm a second one to sacrifice. Frames like Harrow and Nidus, that are a pain to farm. GRENDEL! A S#&$ton of Arbitrations to get the parts again.

I went to Cephalon Simaris to see how much I would need in faction to buy all the parts for the frames he sells... 1.850.000, that's 100k for frame blueprints and 50k for parts, some only have the frame blueprints. I am currently Mastery rank 27, so my daily limit is 28k faction with Cephalon Simaris, which means I need to reach the cap every day for 67 DAYS STRAIGHT to get every frame available there... Honestly, disheartening... What a punch in the gut this was. And this is not like sticking a sigil on your chest and going about your merry missions... by completing the Cephalon Simaris target you don't get the cap... you would need to scan THOUSANDS of enemies a day with your scanner.

This feels like something that favors the new arrivals, the new players I hope you guys get with the new players experience. I was anxiously waiting for this to try and get some of my friends to play, cause right now it's such a big game and there is no proper introduction to the universe, story and such. You have to go to https://warframe.fandom.com/ for sooooo many things that should be clearer in game. Having said that, us, older players, are left with a boring grind to get what we already have, or had...

I'm very sorry for the long message, but I needed to vent... this is awful news for a completionist like myself. Just feels so... disappointing 

Am 2.8.2020 um 11:41 schrieb imtooniceforthis:

Please, please, please do not make the standing as obnoxiously mandatory as in Fortuna! Do not make it so that we have to reach a certain level of standing just to do something! Please do not do that! There are solo players in this game, have some freaking mercy!

Not that I disagree, but what does being a solo player have to do with that?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Not that I disagree, but what does being a solo player have to do with that?

Because when you do things all by yourself, it takes a lot. People who got the standing early on had clans and friends to help out. The people who play alone (for various reasons), well, sucks to be us. Fortuna and it's ridiculous system to having to be at max standing to do the special missions, well... that was torture. I hated every single minute of that. If this new place requires that, well, I am not sure I'll be here for that. Warframe is grindy and I know but after things like this become to be more like a chore than anything else, it also stops being fun. it's a video game, not a job.

Archived