Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon 2020 TennoTrivia - Missing Email Prompt

[DE]Megan

20 minutes ago, (PS4)LuffyleBoss496 said:

tkt these same for me I will start to let go but I gave my e-mail address at the end of the live and to be sure I had given my e-mail address to the support result nothing

i submitted a ticked as requested in the topic and hopefully to see an action soon 

I sent in the ticket with all the information requested by the OP, received a notification of my request being processed and that they also needed my e-mail address, which I then sent back. All was lovely. But it turns out I missed the deadline for these prizes by two days with my reply (not even the original ticket, just the one with the email address).

Thank you for your response regarding this concern. However, the deadline for the TennoTrivia Missing Email Prompt has already ended at August 7, 2020 UTC. We deeply apologize but we cannot assist you on this concern anymore.

I mean, okay. I understand that. But there was never any mention of a deadline that I saw in those interactions. I only even heard of the trivia prizes being possible to reclaim during one of the live streams. I suppose that's just how it is.

Sorry, just being completely disappointed right now.

Edit: A day later I did receive a code. Odd, but very much appreciated!

That's what I have for now:

Aug 5, 2020, 10:06 PM EDT

Hello irwinz,

First off, we would like to thank you for participating in the event and we apologize for this inconvenience.

The details you have shared on this ticket have been forwarded to the team handling the issue. For now, please keep an eye out for further updates regarding the distribution of your rewards over on the Forum.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
Warframe Support Team

Thank you, I'm patient and cooperating. Looks like I didn't miss the deadline, if it was indeed August 7th. But (yes, that's the part that actually matters) — telling about deadline in some private mail without it ever being officially published is tut-tut.

We had yet another "let's do something new, big, unexpected and wow" case with digital TennoCon. Museum displays and trivia definitely had some wow-potential, but total halfbakedness added some aspartame aftertaste to sweet surprise. Like Empyrean live release deja vu. Like a nicely wrapped birthday present that reveals suffocated hamster when opened. Accidents happen.

But it's always better to be cautious with promises, because people tend to feel robbed if you don't deliver them something you already promised to bring.

On 2020-08-10 at 10:46 AM, Azarif said:

I did added my email in the email prompt when it did pop up. still I have not recive any email for may Tennotrivia ship display ( reached top 10000 )

Email recived later that same day!

Thanks DE, very cool  😁

15 hours ago, OP-R8R said:

again, still no email with the reward

While I can understand there being problems with the quantity of people that were present during the stream. I don't understand the silence surrounding the fact that many never received anything even when they got the email prompt. It's over a week later and I haven't received a code.

UPDATE: Code received on 8/11/2020 at 6 pm, thank you

Prize emails are still being distributed.  I think I placed somewhere around rank 8,000 to 13,000 and got the email prompt from the widget.  To help with searching through your email account filters, I received the email message at 2020-08-10 21:36 UTC from "Warframe <no-reply@warframe.com>" with subject line "TennoTrivia Prize Code" via email sending service Mailjet.

Notes for myself and future participants:  either the Quiz Kit extension or the Twitch extension infrastructure requires a web browser with a recent JavaScript engine (notably the spread syntax for either destructuring or object literals), or you won't get the interactive overlays --- instead you'll see the streamer's view of the quiz overlay in the video stream, which will be static for you and looks nearly identical.  Additionally, you should test in advance that Windows Sandbox is still functional even if you've installed and used it before.

Update: got my Tenno Trivia code just few minutes ago.

It's an email with subject "TennoTrivia Prize Code" that goes like this:

Hi Tenno!

Thank you for participating in TennoTrivia this past weekend during TennoCon 2020!

Below is the code for your prize based on your platform of choice. The code will expire December 31, 2020.

In modern e-mail interfaces it might go into subscriptions/promos etc. folder, so be sure to check it all out.

Also got my Necramech decoration without any in-game mail.Just checked my decorations, it was there.

Thanks for making this thing right, DE. Fixing something that went wrong is always worth admiration. I apologize for doubting you.

6 hours ago, irwinz said:

That's what I have for now:

Aug 5, 2020, 10:06 PM EDT

Hello irwinz,

First off, we would like to thank you for participating in the event and we apologize for this inconvenience.

The details you have shared on this ticket have been forwarded to the team handling the issue. For now, please keep an eye out for further updates regarding the distribution of your rewards over on the Forum.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
Warframe Support Team

Thank you, I'm patient and cooperating. Looks like I didn't miss the deadline, if it was indeed August 7th. But (yes, that's the part that actually matters) — telling about deadline in some private mail without it ever being officially published is tut-tut.

We had yet another "let's do something new, big, unexpected and wow" case with digital TennoCon. Museum displays and trivia definitely had some wow-potential, but total halfbakedness added some aspartame aftertaste to sweet surprise. Like Empyrean live release deja vu. Like a nicely wrapped birthday present that reveals suffocated hamster when opened. Accidents happen.

But it's always better to be cautious with promises, because people tend to feel robbed if you don't deliver them something you already promised to bring.

It's worse now:  On today's stream, viewers were told to submit a ticket if they didn't get the email.

11 hours ago, Aeoni said:

I sent in the ticket with all the information requested by the OP, received a notification of my request being processed and that they also needed my e-mail address, which I then sent back. All was lovely. But it turns out I missed the deadline for these prizes by two days with my reply (not even the original ticket, just the one with the email address).

I mean, okay. I understand that. But there was never any mention of a deadline that I saw in those interactions. I only even heard of the trivia prizes being possible to reclaim during one of the live streams. I suppose that's just how it is.

Sorry, just being completely disappointed right now.

Yeah, Agreed. They should've sent out some ingame notice if there was a deadline, or even posted something on twitter or reddit or something besides just the forums, especially considering that they said it may take a while to receive your rewards. They dropped the ball on this one.

Archived