Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still no end game?

Silvertap

I was really expecting for a end game aproach in this TennoCon, i mean half of last year and this year by itself has been hard on DE, and i even watched Steve sometimes talk about it in some sort of regrett tone, wich lead me to think about DE starting to do some more safe moves insted of risk one. I mean focus on what is asked insted of trying to blow minds.

In Heart of Deimos they worked in their "confort zone" and even did more, improving machanics,adding new mechanics, and what a art work was that right? But will it try to brave through the end game waters? What do u guys think?

To be honest when i saw the mecha i thoght, i can do better with many of my setups, i mean i'm MR29 and have a bit of expience in these game, lvl 40 or 80 mobs are nothing to me. They even made possible for us to buff our frames with other frames abilities, like a need more power, now-a-days i pray for nerfs, not buff.

Don't take this topic as a (bad intentionned) criticism, i loved all TennoCon, really, art section was AMAZING!

What do u guys think, are we heading for a EndGame or not? Story for this Update sure seens solid, much more then Fortuna, but what about what people like me, that has done everything in the game really needs? Will we finaly get it? 

-----------------

-----------------

At this pont the topic lost its meaning, people are just talking about what End Game is, trully i don't care what it is, or telling me to change game (wtf right?). The question was pretty simple - Will we have an end game (in your opnion)? wich is officially recognized as such by players and DE. What kind of endgame trully doesn't metter, because as i see, what was put in TennoCon give me a bit of hope... I'm sorry for the rant.

You need to more clearly define what you believe an end game is.

From what you've written, I think it's where you take your character to a point where there is no gameplay following it? You're asking for that in the wrong game. This game is designed around not having an ending.

From what you've written, I think you're also hinting at higher challenges? I also get the feeling that you didn't find Steel Path challenging or fun?

It might be that you're playing the wrong game.

Honestly I can't see us ever getting a true "end-game" type of content without the game getting some massive overhauls to balance it or DE deciding to, for once, require us to use our immensely broken tools and tell everyone who isn't able/willing to put meta builds together to deal with it or don't play the content. As opposed to making the content then dumbing it down to appease the crowd complaining about it.

Overhauling the game would be a massive undertaking and excluding the casual audience they've been targeting this entire time is a bad decision financially.

End game is incredibly nebulous, but I would imagine at least a large chunk of people would define it as some kind of long-term system that keeps players engaged over a longer period of time, usually through a grind. Think Regeneration Grinding in Titanfall or, as crazy as it sounds, the Chao Garden.

Helminth Chrysalis could wind up serving such a role.

5 minutes ago, pook-pook said:

You need to more clearly define what you believe an end game is.

From what you've written, I think it's where you take your character to a point where there is no gameplay following it? You're asking for that in the wrong game. This game is designed around not having an ending.

From what you've written, I think you're also hinting at higher challenges? I also get the feeling that you didn't find Steel Path challenging or fun?

It might be that you're playing the wrong game.

I enjoyed Steel Path, but it ended fast, if the whole game had the same dificulty or higher i would be really happy with it. End Game is not so nebulous,as i see DE has been working for making the gamemore predictable and consistant. I hop, that something is been happening not too late.

I am MR29, do really think that i don't know what this game is? Or that i want to choose another game to start over and have a endgame in another game, i don't. I like warframe, it can be better, just it, and i'm asking for opinionn, not making demands. Wouldn't you like more content and that it can be fun and challenging?

10 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

End game is a myth. Like what the guy above said you should look into other games if you want an end game.

Too pessimistic, people can learn so DE can change a bit too, just because i want end game should i choose another game? Witch mean you don't want end game for warframe? will you change game too? 

14 minutes ago, trst said:

Honestly I can't see us ever getting a true "end-game" type of content without the game getting some massive overhauls to balance it or DE deciding to, for once, require us to use our immensely broken tools and tell everyone who isn't able/willing to put meta builds together to deal with it or don't play the content. As opposed to making the content then dumbing it down to appease the crowd complaining about it.

Overhauling the game would be a massive undertaking and excluding the casual audience they've been targeting this entire time is a bad decision financially.

I get your point, but i think DE has been doing it slowlly, and considering past experiences i think somithing is out there, but it can be me just been naive.

7 minutes ago, Cocarum said:

remember you are playing Warframe one of the easiest game ever.

maybe do you want a content for 8-10 people right? me too! but in this game people dont know how to do a good build for they're warframes or weapons so... yeah... probably it's better if you play another game like me.

Funny enough, when i started to play this game it was hard, Uranus was a very hard map for me, good memories... I just think something is happening there, but people has been really pessimistic...

2 hours ago, Silvertap said:

I was really expecting for a end game aproach in this TennoCon, i mean half of last year and this year by itself has been hard on DE, and i even watched Steve sometimes talk about it in some sort of regrett tone, wich lead me to think about DE starting to do some more safe moves insted of risk one. I mean focus on what is asked insted of trying to blow minds.

In Heart of Deimos they worked in their "confort zone" and even did more, improving machanics,adding new mechanics, and what a art work was that right? But will it try to brave through the end game waters? What do u guys think?

To be honest when i saw the mecha i thoght, i can do better with many of my setups, i mean i'm MR29 and have a bit of expience in these game, lvl 40 or 80 mobs are nothing to me. They even made possible for us to buff our frames with other frames abilities, like a need more power, now-a-days i pray for nerfs, not buff.

Don't take this topic as a (bad intentionned) criticism, i loved all TennoCon, really, art section was AMAZING!

What do u guys think, are we heading for a EndGame or not? Story for this Update sure seens solid, much more then Fortuna, but what about what people like me, that has done everything in the game really needs? Will we finaly get it? 

"end game" bro the main story line quest isn't even done yet.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

For all this talk of Warframe needing endgame I never see any actual pitches of what endgame should be.

We've all been doing "endgame" the past 10 years. Its outdated.

It's fighting a boss in a dungeon for a new chest piece, arm piece drops, new swords etc. 

Its usually "Hey, revive the healer so we dont all wipe" or "Hey that dps is too close, you cant really melee this boss, ok hes dead someone revive him" followed by "Hey devs why do we always have to have ranged loadouts for all the bosses, I worked hard on my character and I want to be rewarded but the bosses always one shot" blah blah etc. 

45 minute boss fights and raids and so lame now. Warframe is a breath of fresh air for me. Sucks to see so many people here hating the game. 

Warframe is mainly a horizontal progression game. Anything "endgame" probably wont be much harder than sorties. Endgame sounds lame anyway. I really dont want a single section of the game to be where im expected to play. i prefer WF as a sandbox. Endgame is just collecting everything and setting your own goals. 

How exactly would you balance raids when some frames can do 20x the damage of others based on abilities? Or some make objectives effectively invulnerable? Or CC everything in a 50 meter radius? Would you rework every frame so that their abilities all fall within certain capabilities, just so you can play endgame on something that's not Warframe anymore?

It's the same as people asking for PvP to be shoveled into the game when it wasn't built for it. Accept what the game is and is not. Like Firetempest said, the endgame is whatever's the latest content to grind.

if you want a shlooter that has raids, Destiny 2 is right over there.

You won't get anything resembling endgame until you can get the players who use universe nuking weapons and literally immortal setups to give up their game-breaking levels of power.

You'd likely have an easier time getting a pig to pilot a Boeing to be honest.

In warframe end game is impossible.

Simply because we have way too mich weapon and ability variety. If you'd want to implement end hame you have to nerf and balance everything to roughly the same level but that would make the game boring and new weapons would be worthless. Same for frames since everything is balanced out.

Archived