Still no end game?

8 hours ago, Fascistsonfire said:

TL;DR: People's expectations are unrealistic. I suggest, if we want an endgame, that we start considering options and brainstorming ideas of what would be an interesting, reward, non-repetitive endgame activity. 

Psst...

Spoiler

It's called PvP and Clan Wars, but don't tell them I brought it up.

Brainstorming is endgame, too.

3 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

/profile (username) in game. In this case, I just did /profile (OP's name) to see what his stats were to see if his complaint was valid

It's pretty easy to do tbh, just charge void strike, proc virtuos shadow, shoot through volt shield, bam, hydro shield gone. You can just youtube up eidolon 6x3 if you're not convinced lol, it's been common practice among the eidolon community to know how to one shot eidolon shields for quite some time now.

Oh sorry thought you meant solo. 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PS4)NeunDrachen:

Considering its a free mmorpg, endgame will never be a thing until de decides to make a conclusion to the story. Once that happens, thats it, warframe is finished. Just look at any online mmo. None of them have an endgame that doesnt involve something like pvp and in a game like this where youre meant to have a power fantasy, pvp isnt an option. 

Essentially all MMOs have some kind of endgame. When it's not PvP, it's generally some kind of difficult PvE activity, generally raids.

2 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Essentially all MMOs have some kind of endgame. When it's not PvP, it's generally some kind of difficult PvE activity, generally raids.

And I believe it would be "do this perfectly or team wipe" as the "difficult PvE activity" with so many cheap tricks where DE are not allowed to use it but praised to death when used in other games

• Like 2
vor 1 Minute schrieb 844448:

And I believe it would be "do this perfectly or team wipe" as the "difficult PvE activity" with so many cheap tricks where DE are not allowed to use it but praised to death when used in other games

Well, in all fairness, "do this perfectly or team wipe" is how high-end PvE activities in MMORPGs often work.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

/profile (username) in game. In this case, I just did /profile (OP's name) to see what his stats were to see if his complaint was valid

It's pretty easy to do tbh, just charge void strike, proc virtuos shadow, shoot through volt shield, bam, hydro shield gone. You can just youtube up eidolon 6x3 if you're not convinced lol, it's been common practice among the eidolon community to know how to one shot eidolon shields for quite some time now.

5x3 and 6x3 aren't something someone with little experience can just pull off. Everyone has to do their job correctly like knowing where to place the shields ahead of time and doing stuff like dropping shields before the eido even leaves the water.

You said it's boring like that's the only thing stopping someone from doing it. 

More people say they dont like them because its "tedious, toxic, and annoying". They're so used to the rest of the game actually being easy that some people just can't handle the actual fight.

I could be wrong, but I really doubt all those high MR people with little eidolon experience are avoiding it "just because its boring". 

• Like 1
On 2020-08-14 at 5:52 AM, Kontrollo said:

Psst...

Hide contents

It's called PvP and Clan Wars, but don't tell them I brought it up.

Brainstorming is endgame, too.

Our Ninja Gods can't duke it out properly in PvP because the skills don't translate. Having PvP be skill based can be cool, but people would complain they are grinding for nothing. 

And yep, I guess brainstorming endgame ideas has been the endgame of this community for a while now. The main problem people fail to notice is that Warframe doesn't have infinite replayability potential like Diablo or other games older/as old as it is.

The potential for new loot is always there. There are rankings and leaderboards with prizes, competitive PvE seasons and so on. In Warframe, you buy the loot and craft it with materials. You can't reset progress each season because well, it is a grind-intensive game.

You can't get that mod? Buy it with platinum and now all your frames can use it. Warframe is distinct and harder to work around an endgame because once you achieve what there is to achieve, the challenge is done. All things considered, DE updates the game constantly and keep throwing things at us, but once we beat those things, there is no reason to replay it.

Meanwhile, big ass companies like Blizzard have kept things afloat by balancing their games and resetting progress, throwing some new items here and there. Honestly though, can you compare the amount of content DE came up with to Blizzard's production and tell me Blizzard released more content? 

And there we go - lots of players have done everything and they are waiting for more content. I don't see that changing. Maybe the solution is not exactly in the game itself but in one of it's strongest appeals: looking and feeling like a badass.

DE should try to embrace that concept on a different scale: instead of only providing fashion items in game and showing the best frames in streams, go totally overboard with it. Make profiles visible in the forum (and while we are at it, dang, this forum template is extremely bland) like in Diablo III forums. Add profile customization so players can show some achievements they want and their frames, gear and stats. I think people could be hooked, even though such system comes with its own problems.

Edited by Fascistsonfire
had an idea!
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Fascistsonfire said:

Our Ninja Gods can't duke it out properly in PvP because the skills don't translate. Having PvP be skill based can be cool, but people would complain they are grinding for nothing. 

That's how it already is. It's a long and hard journey to get good at it, especially these days when you're facing people with a lot of expierence (or tons of cheese). But it can be very satisfying once you're able to pull it off.

That was more meant as a joke, though, I know it's clearly not for everyone. The devs definitely need to find new ways for PvE, too. Although I'm unsure if it's possible to pull that off in a satisfying way in this game. Maybe they have some good ideas for when they finally bring back raids, as promised.

• 4 months later...
On 2020-08-02 at 4:45 AM, trst said:

Honestly I can't see us ever getting a true "end-game" type of content without the game getting some massive overhauls to balance it or DE deciding to, for once, require us to use our immensely broken tools and tell everyone who isn't able/willing to put meta builds together to deal with it or don't play the content. As opposed to making the content then dumbing it down to appease the crowd complaining about it.

Overhauling the game would be a massive undertaking and excluding the casual audience they've been targeting this entire time is a bad decision financially.

hmm .. not really , they just cant bothered with calculating optimized gear numbers and throw enemies that meat the criteria , old mmos did it , lot of games did it , 'we are too powerfull' 'banshee hitting damage cap'(i know you didnt mention banshee but its one the arguments for it) first off its not that easy to have that setup in a split second , if you design a game mode where enemies bully you into not charge that much time doing a specific thing then it shouldnt be a problem. 

I partially agree with the overhaul but not only its not gonna happen unless warframe 2 but also its easier(from devtime standpoint) to just create a game mode and enemies according to the top tier gier , we have lots of dudes with nerd math calculating stuff just invite them to test clusers and give feedback on numbers and take into account for lets say high rank known clan leaders (just an example) and boom , not magic.

im just saying you/we dont need to go back to lower power to meet current lower power = less satisfaction , instead creating high power and durable enemies(no aimbots) with jumping moves so that our high power is greeted with a worthy opponent = satisfactione .

Edited by killerJoke66