Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think De Should Hold Polls For Certain Things To Be Added, Nerfed, Or Changed In Warframe

alphex

I think DE should add some polls not on everything now just on things they can't really decide on without the community help. Such as what do you want in to be added next blah blah blah. I know design council has polls too (or so I heard) but it be cool to listen to the poor people too!  What do you guys think?

P.S long tittle 

Edited by alphex

i dont, the forum is made of the vocal minority of the playerbase, why should they be in charge to make decisions for the rest?

besides, DE, like all other developers out there, will make decisions some players might not like, but ill put it this way, the game caters to an audience, not individuals.

i dont, the forum is made of the vocal minority of the playerbase, why should they be in charge to make decisions for the rest?

besides, DE, like all other developers out there, will make decisions some players might not like, but ill put it this way, the game caters to an audience, not individuals.

So then make the poll in game can't be that hard right? Or can it? I already know that the forums is just the % of whiners who come on here to get their stuff buffed and nerf anything  they don't have or because its the mainstream thing to do.

Because I'm sure everyone would vote for nerf. Polls would be nice, however, to keep us in the loop of things that may happen in the game. Then again, having a topic to discuss these would suffice.

I would like to keep the forums popular too. Forums provide why the reason is bad and why they should not do that ect. Polls are more of what the player base wants. So polls can give the general idea what the players want then DE can look at the forums and figure out a way to balance it based on player opinions.

Edited by alphex

So then make the poll in game can't be that hard right? Or can it? I already know that the forums is just the % of whiners who come on here to get their stuff buffed and nerf anything  they don't have or because its the mainstream thing to do.

Speak for yourself. My primary purpose for the forums is to suggest changes at the base mechanics, quality of life improvements, see interesting ideas and art, and keep track of new content in the Design Council.

Speak for yourself. My primary purpose for the forums is to suggest changes at the base mechanics, quality of life improvements, see interesting ideas and art, and keep track of new content in the Design Council.

Sorry I must be on the "bad side" of the forums too much.

I think polls are easier to work with than just interpreting posts. Some posts get glossed over because they're too long, or rude, or poorly written, or short, or whatever. It's a lot easier to look at a chart of what most people want than it is to go in a room of 100 people arguing and figure out what would make most of them happier.

I don't think this would work, because you'd also need specifics of how to buff it, nerf it, or whatever. Which people tend to have vastly different conclusions over. And if I understand internet culture well enough, will never make an effort to compromise on.

Edited by Sidathe

I don't think this would work, because you'd also need specifics of how to buff it, nerf it, or whatever. Which people tend to have vastly different conclusions over. And if I understand internet culture well enough, will never make an effort to compromise on.

Most internet forum polls allow for a written response in addition to a vote, so that's not really an issue.

and trolls (or similar) will destroy good weapons.

no way

How would trolls win a majority vote without being a majority? And if the majority of players are trolls, that means most of them will want any given change they vote on. What's the issue here?

i would agree to some sort of poll based feedback only if these polls were a Tab in the actual game.

because even if you like it to be , the forum does not represent the majority of players.

so say , you login , get reward , have a poll tool tip pop up say " new poll in being held , click here " .

stuff like that.

BUT you can only submit that choice in the poll if you give the reason for this choice.

I.E. you choose to nerf Nova , you have then to add why you think she needs to be nerfed.

that way there would be much much less of the situation where a gun or frame gets killed off because people just hate it when M-Prime is used and then decide it needs to not exist because of a lil thing that annoys them about it.

Edited by TisEric

i would agree to some sort of poll based feedback only if these polls were a Tab in the actual game.

because even if you like it to be , the forum does not represent the majority of players.

so say , you login , get reward , have a poll tool tip pop up say " new poll in being held , click here " .

stuff like that.

BUT you can only submit that choice in the poll if you give the reason for this choice.

I.E. you choose to nerf Nova , you have then to add why you think she needs to be nerfed.

that way there would be much much less of the situation where a gun or frame gets killed off because people just hate it when M-Prime is used and then decide it needs to not exist because of a lil thing that annoys them about it.

That is a good system! +1

If the community had any say in Buff/nerf decisions, we would always yell for buffs and balance to the game be damned.

Silly idea.

I say nerf/buff will only count towards mobs since we all know what happens when we cry for weapon changes and mod changes.

Did you even read what I posted?

Well frankly no, But I assume you want DE to put polls for all the community to see and vote, right?

1.Design Council, People wasted their real life money for this, That idea sortha ruins it

2.The community don't know what they want, There is not a single game that has this sorth of option, Because It's not useful, DE were kind enough to make a "Design Council" That can vote on things

Well frankly no, But I assume you want DE to put polls for all the community to see and vote, right?

1.Design Council, People wasted their real life money for this, That idea sortha ruins it

2.The community don't know what they want, There is not a single game that has this sorth of option, Because It's not useful, DE were kind enough to make a "Design Council" That can vote on things

I assumed you didn't read that. And thanks for actually taking your time to read what I posted and putting in some facts and contribute to the post.

But how I see things is Design console has polls but we should have polls on stuff too. And design console maybe could keep polls on adding content or what should be done first on the list of fixes or new warframes etc. While the regular polls could just be their opinions and feedback on things that way DE has more to work with. 

Edited by alphex