Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the bounty sistem killed my intire hype for the heart of deimos

(PSN)yokai1235

the bounty sistem is one of the worst sistem on the game for forcing you to stay in a specific small corner of the map or mission fail forcing youto play a random mission types that you don't and ivenforcing you to get rng based lot that is less than doing regular exterminate  also puts you on a time limit and is boring like i can do hours of regular mission type but i can't tolerate the extreme long and boring bounty that makes you going a to b to c to d to e to f 

3 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

1 boring activity for an even more boring activity that does not even belong in a sci-fi horde shooter 😞

Better doing something boring for 20 min than doing something boring for 2 hours... 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Ahniar:

Better doing something boring for 20 min than doing something boring for 2 hours... 

That should become the marketing Slogan:

"Heart of Deimos - not as boring as you think, but still boring. Chose the least boring activity to grind though it on August 25!" 😂

7 minutes ago, (PS4)caoshen0625 said:

What would you consider interesting then? Legit asking, not trying to be sarcastic or anything

fun content?  old games like ut99, q3 and cs managed it without any big sweeping additions/changes, they were just replayable and fun.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

fun content?  old games like ut99, q3 and cs managed it without any big sweeping additions/changes, they were just replayable and fun.

Fun content is too vague. I've never played ut99 or q3, but after a few youtube videos I think they are just like cs, it's fun because I'm playing against humans, which is less repetitive, not sure how that would translate to warframe. But if you are suggesting pvp, you hanging with the wrong crowd. 

Just now, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

Why are you even on Warframe, a PvE game, if everything you listed as "fun" is PvP? Legitimately asking.

nice derail, but i fail to see the link that pve/pvp has with "fun" ?  something fun is just fun, doesnt matter what box you slot it into.

Just now, (PS4)caoshen0625 said:

Fun content is too vague. I've never played ut99 or q3, but after a few youtube videos I think they are just like cs, it's fun because I'm playing against humans, which is less repetitive, not sure how that would translate to warframe. But if you are suggesting pvp, you hanging with the wrong crowd. 

fun simply means repeatable content you do not grow tired of.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

Never seen one "repeatable content you do not grow tired of" in my life, like in anything, if I'm not required to breath to stay alive, I'm sure I would stop doing that years ago. 

Also play against human is not exactly repeatable content, every player every round is gonna be different some how, it's fresh every round. 

16 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

nice derail, but i fail to see the link that pve/pvp has with "fun" ?  something fun is just fun, doesnt matter what box you slot it into.

I didn't mean it as a derail. PvP content vastly differs from PvE content: PvP is endlessly replayable because people have endlessly different behaviors and offer constant challenge. As long as the combat mechanics are decent, players will become the content itself. PvE is totally different, because AI is completely limited. As such, replay value is often delivered through RNG rewards that require multiple runs, or procedural variation. It is obvious, but both these systems have limitations of their own: you'll eventually collect every single reward, and you'll eventually see every relevant combination of procedural content, especially if the variables of said content are limited.

This brings the discussion back to bounties: their concept is pretty similar to regular missions, take a random location (tile) and put a random objective there. The problem with bounties is that they lack variables. There are, maybe, around 7 objectives in PoE and Orb Vallis, and locations can't be procedurally refreshed similarly to regular tile sets, because the landscape is fixed. That's why most people find them boring: once you complete every bounty tier once, you have essentially seen everything the landscape has to offer. 

That's probably why chaos asked what people would find fun. Because in a PvE game, you either repeat a heavily structured mission a bunch of times for a random reward to drop, or you play constantly varying scenarios. Otherwise, there's zero replay value (see most single player games. Nothing against those, just a consideration). And that is also why I asked you what you were doing playing a PvE game, if everything you consider "replayable and fun" is PvP, because the former is innately less prone to replayability.

In all this, I think HoD bounties are a step-up, simply because they integrate procedural tile generation based on the "phase" of the landscape, as Steve stated. So, there will be more scenarios to fight through, leading to higher longevity.

10 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

Good luck with finding that.

If One doesn't enjoy the act of dodging harm and shooting the baddies in a TPS, nothing is really going to excite One for very long.  Everything else just adds direction and purpose so that there's more to it than sitting there, pivoting on the spot, and waiting for targets to come along to be shot (this is the reason I hate defense and survival missions.)

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

I didn't mean it as a derail. PvP content vastly differs from PvE content: PvP is endlessly replayable because people have endlessly different behaviors and offer constant challenge. As long as the combat mechanics are decent, players will become the content itself. PvE is totally different, because AI is completely limited. As such, replay value is often delivered through RNG rewards that require multiple runs, or procedural variation. It is obvious, but both these systems have limitations of their own: you'll eventually collect every single reward, and you'll eventually see every relevant combination of procedural content, especially if the variables of said content are limited.

This brings the discussion back to bounties: their concept is pretty similar to regular missions, take a random location (tile) and put a random objective there. The problem with bounties is that they lack variables. There are, maybe, around 7 objectives in PoE and Orb Vallis, and locations can't be procedurally refreshed similarly to regular tile sets, because the landscape is fixed. That's why most people find them boring: once you complete every bounty tier once, you have essentially seen everything the landscape has to offer. 

That's probably why chaos asked what people would find fun. Because in a PvE game, you either repeat a heavily structured mission a bunch of times for a random reward to drop, or you play constantly varying scenarios. Otherwise, there's zero replay value. And that is also why I asked you what you were doing playing a PvE game, if everything you consider "replayable and fun" is PvP, because the former is innately less prone to replayability.

In all this, I think HoD bounties are a step-up, simply because they integrate procedural tile generation based on the "phase" of the landscape, as Steve stated. So, there will be more scenarios to fight through, leading to higher longevity.

Mass effect 3:mp was "fun" for a loooooong time before i picked up warframe, ME3:MP dying off due to no updates or new maps was exactly why i came to warframe, so the pvp thing isnt really an issue, ME3:MP certainly got boring after a while but even those tiny maps had enough fun packed into them, maybe due to the actual combat itsself rather than any missiontype involved, probably helped that there wasnt a real fixed in place gametype, the "mission" so to speak changed wave after wave.

I also liked Firefall before ME3, again, co-op to an extent and very different to me3 and warframe, it was still fun in places and was still a sci-fi horde shooter of sorts, the genre/type of game doesnt really matter imho, its all about what we do and if it is engaging enough to keep you hooked doing it for a long time, rather than many of warframes additions which became boring chores you did then celebrated once the grind/isolated content was over and done with, thats exactly why railjack and steel path are in their unfortunate situation, and ofc archwing/etc.

6 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Good luck with finding that.

If One doesn't enjoy the act of dodging harm and shooting the baddies in a TPS, nothing is really going to excite One for very long.  Everything else just adds direction and purpose so that there's more to it than sitting there, pivoting on the spot, and waiting for targets to come along to be shot (this is the reason I hate defense and survival missions.)

AdorableImperturbableAxolotl-size_restri

Open world content in wf is about grinding few key things, like mining/fishing materials and few unique bounties reward(mod sets/parts) once then do whatever feels the best/less dull to you. You can cap any open world standing in few minutes. This is overall one of the least time consuming task in warframe once you git gud with it. Don't bother with the features you can't stand there are different ways getting standing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I hate to go there, but it's not even out yet and people are already complaining. Don't like it, don't play it, plain and simple.

o functional illiterate i said that i don't like the bounty sistem and doing it again for the 3rdtime its boring and it killed my will to play it because no matter what i will be forced to do this S#&$ but you're to lazy to read

7 minutes ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

o functional illiterate i said that i don't like the bounty sistem and doing it again for the 3rdtime its boring and it killed my will to play it because no matter what i will be forced to do this S#&$ but you're to lazy to read

No I read it, and there's no need for name calling. I get it, some of you are tired of open worlds and bounties, but some of us are pretty excited. The only answer for you is to just not play it if you already dislike it, when it's not even out yet. Idk how that makes me a bad guy when I'm giving you an answer. The other answer would be to suck it up, because you're gonna end up playing it anyway or play something else. See why I didn't go there? Because unlike you, I might disagree with someone, but I'm still respectful.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)ErydisTheLucario:

No I read it, and there's no need for name calling. I get it, some of you are tired of open worlds, but some of us are pretty excited. The only answer for you is to just not play it if you already dislike it, when it's not even out yet. Idk how that makes me a bad guy when I'm giving you an answer. The other answer would be to suck it up, because you're gonna end up playing it anyway. See why I didn't go there? Because unlike you, I might disagree with someone, but I'm still respectful.

What about the 3rd answer?

Meaning DE finally adresses the main complaints people have about Open Worlds since 2018:

• make bounties less boring and more diverse
  • reduce the grind a little and make it a little less tedious (for example: remove ressource drops from bounty-reward tables you get more than enough of anyway)

The answers shouldnt only be "live with it and grind it without enjoying it" or "dont play it if you dont like it".

I guess people like OP are interested in OpenWorlds in general, but the poor execution hinders them to enjoy it.

Just now, DreisterDino said:

What about the 3rd answer?

Meaning DE finally adresses the main complaints people have about Open Worlds since 2018:

• make bounties less boring and more diverse
  • reduce the grind a little and make it a little less tedious (for example: remove ressource drops from bounty-reward tables you get more than enough of anyway)

The answers shouldnt only be "live with it and grind it without enjoying it" or "dont play it if you dont like it".

I guess people like OP are interested in OpenWorlds in general, but the poor execution hinders them to enjoy it.

Hold up...that's a good point, especially now that I reflected on the system. Its tedious and not too big on diversity. The sad reality is likely that DE is ignoring those complaints...again. I didn't know this was what the OP was talking about. To the OP, my bad, sorry for that. You do bring up good points, and the answers I gave were just not helpful in any manner.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

No I read it, and there's no need for name calling. I get it, some of you are tired of open worlds and bounties, but some of us are pretty excited. The only answer for you is to just not play it if you already dislike it, when it's not even out yet. Idk how that makes me a bad guy when I'm giving you an answer. The other answer would be to suck it up, because you're gonna end up playing it anyway or play something else. See why I didn't go there? Because unlike you, I might disagree with someone, but I'm still respectful.

firts i said functional illiterate because you clearly don't understand what was written and then said to either to shut up or don't play i want the content i just don't want the bad made sistem the update barely was shown and i see the same mistake being done by the third time

Just now, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

firts i said functional illiterate because you clearly don't understand what was written and then said to either to shut up or don't play i want the content i just don't want the bad made sistem the update barely was shown and i see the same mistake being done by the third time

Look up and you'll see me admitting where I went wrong. Again my bad.

Archived