Finally admitting looking too far ahead... Kudos

During the last bit of streaming last night, when Rebecca and Steve were chatting with Geoff Keighley, Steve admitted that when it comes to his ideas for future content, he thinks way too far into the future, making the mistake of (completely understandably!) announcing these ideas. 

He mentioned that last year at tennocon, when he was showing a trailer for content they showed a trailer for the year before.... He realised that was not right. 

By showing the hydroid prime trailer, for utilising the helminth room, for integrating the new player experience in the next update, maybe, just maybe, we have proof, not just words, that DE are honestly cat hi g up on old promises. 

Either way, it was refreshingly honest to hear a dev admit all this, and to be as transparent as they were. Many times during yesterday's event various devs mentioned that they DO read the forums, so for what it's worth, completely regardless of how well received (or not!) these new systems are, I thought it relevant to post this, to add just a tip of positivity to the forums. 

Thank you for listening. 

• Like 7

I noticed that this year's Tennocon felt more....solid than the years before and I was trying to figure out why it felt so strong until I realized "Everything they've shown is here, and now. Nothing is a vague, fantastical promise, stitched together with hopes and dreams. Nothing is a blueprint Concept showing how it all MIGHT work."
Everything they showed carried the "I am already here, and I am ready.....if it weren't for some large scale server concerns" weight, and made me feel like this thing or this mode could very well be in my hands within a few weeks.

EDIT: The Main Event, I mean. Art Panel still has its "Whoooo~ What's this~ Vague sketches and concepts to tantalize your minds~" moments.

Edited by Nez-Kal
Added Clarification
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

I noticed that this year's Tennocon felt more....solid than the years before and I was trying to figure out why it felt so strong until I realized "Everything they've shown is here, and now. Nothing is a vague, fantastical promise, stitched together with hopes and dreams. Nothing is a blueprint Concept showing how it all MIGHT work."
Everything they showed carried the "I am already here, and I am ready.....if it weren't for some large scale server concerns" weight, and made me feel like this thing or this mode could very well be in my hands within a few weeks.

This year wasn't a bunch of "new game incoming" proof of concept bollocks, but actual content we could look forward to.  That we'll have it within the month, barring unforeseen issues, is a welcome surprise.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

This year wasn't a bunch of "new game incoming" proof of concept bollocks, but actual content we could look forward to.  That we'll have it within the month, barring unforeseen issues, is a welcome surprise.

There was also the added bonus of actually seeing some of the content animated live in-game while DE was showing it off in stream hinting at what's to come in relatively short time. It wasn't some vague nebulous thing but something that's coming really soon that we could almost touch it. A very welcomed change for sure.